What will happen till end of Wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
B R U H

Zoro: “I wish I could’ve at least knocked you down!”
Kaido: “This’ll leave a scar, that’s enough for you!”

2 pages later Luffy knocks Kaido on his ass
This is a borderline direct statement that COC Luffy > Ashura Zoro.
The problem is that Zoro literally made the point himself about him not being able to knock down Kaido. Yeah, it’s stupid in the light of the pre-Udon, but that’s just because Oda’s writing is janky. This is CLEARLY meant to indicate superiority.
Knock down in Zoro's case means that Kaido collapses from the damage done. That's how swordsmanship works. Cut so deep that the opponent collapses from the injury inflicted. While Luffy is just using blunt force to push obstacles away.

Nah you definitely not winning. You were one of the Zoro stans who were adamant about Zoro not fighting King. At least some other Zoro fans were ok with it. They’re winning, not you lol

Not starving at all, just being patient. As you can see Oda is saving the most important fight for last. The 3 top dogs of the new gen leading the way against the 2 emperors gotta be saved for last.
Enjoy that extreme diff King fight.
Zoro is killing kaido
Kidd is leaving wano with no win as a L magnet
Zoro fans eating
Kidd stans starving

The problem is that Zoro literally made the point himself about him not being able to knock down Kaido. Yeah, it’s stupid in the light of the pre-Udon, but that’s just because Oda’s writing is janky. This is CLEARLY meant to indicate superiority.

It’s like Kaido saying “so you have COC too?” It’s not a direct statement but the implication is fucking obvious.
Post automatically merged:

It’s like Kaido saying “so you have COC too?” It’s not a direct statement but the implication is fucking obvious.
Zoro made the point kaido said you left a permannt scar. Luffy knocked him down, kaido beats him calls his attacks shit, laughs at his fruit while he already reverted to base

So one thing I gotta bring up, and I'm not sure how much it matters, but Oda has only called the "Vs" matchups for certain pairings. It's interesting:

Killer vs Hawkins:

Kid/Law vs Big Mom:

With this you can very clearly see that Oda has painted a "Vs" matchup with these 2 fights. However, what I find odd is that beyond this, Raizo, Neko and Inu do not get the same treatment.

Raizo both last chapter and this chapter did not receive the Vs title block with Fukurokuju:

* lol he also fucked up the floor Raizo/Fukurokuju were on the first chapter. It's supposed to be the 2nd.

Neko started fighting Peros last chapter so no Vs block could be made, but this chapter had the scene transition back with no Vs block:

Same with Inu, no Vs block this chapter:

And before people say "why not Zoro and Sanji then?", it's important to mention that:

1022: their fights were never set up until the end
1023: their scenes were never transitioned away from the last chapter

The way the Vs titles get used are when we transition back to a fight that's already set up. Fun fact, Yamato never had this with Kaido. But the opposite of that, the F6 did not receive these title cards, outside Jinbe and Robin getting vs titles in the chapter titles.

So IF this means something. We will see once Oda decides to return to Zoro and Sanji's fights. Will they receive VS cards? Do the VS cards mean something? They usually do in other arcs but only started last chapter with Hawkins and Big Mom. Are these Fuku, Peros and Jack's definitive fights? They seem like they are but it's interesting Oda didn't use title cards here while he did for the others.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Dude, I agree with you that it’s dumb. Fucking gear 3 Luffy could knock Kaido down.

But in the specific context it’s literally a direct statement
This summarizes that quote perfectly, if anything what is janky is the translation
Knock down in Zoro's case means that Kaido collapses from the damage done. That's how swordsmanship works. Cut so deep that the opponent collapses from the injury inflicted. While Luffy is just using blunt force to push obstacles away.

Zoro made the point kaido said you left a permannt scar. Luffy knocked him down, kaido beats him calls his attacks shit, laughs at his fruit while he already reverted to base
@T.D.A
@comrade
@Peroroncino
Guys, I agree with you that knocking someone down doesn’t mean anything in the larger story. Look at Kaku and how pre-Udon Luffy could knock Kaido.

The problem is that, narratively, Zoro’s line “I wish I could’ve knocked you down!” is literally direct set up for Luffy to do it.

Like I would wouldn’t be making this argument if Zoro hadn’t said that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.