Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but is this sarcasm? Are you serious? :lusalty:

Because, holy shit, with how poorly written Oda has made the characters of the Yonkos to be, particularly Kaido and Big Mom, especially in comparison to a character who received much less hype in-verse but ended up exceeding all expectations like Doflamingo (who's an all-time GOAT villain in OP), I really hope you're simply being sarcastic here. :seriously:
No man, I'm serious, I think Kaido is a pretty decent character :kayneshrug: Not the best, but not as bad as you make him sound.

And I still do not see what makes him a fraud or simp, you have provided no argument for it.

It only comes out when he's drunk, but I am looking forward to it :optimistic:
No for real!
I have YET to see Kaido kill someone on the spot.... He is WAAAAAY less ruthless than many previous enemies we faced... He seems like a guy who prefers someone to join him rather than kill him brutally...
He did that with basically EVERYONE:
- Oden/Scabbards
- Ushimaru and 2 random samurai
- Orochi's Ninja squad
- Kid
- Luffy
...etc

It feels like he only goes for the kill as a LAST RESORT with his enemies....
And time and time again, it feels like he has a goal that completes a BIGGER PICTURE... like something of the magnitudes of Ancient Past from Joyboy...etc.... It's why he comments on Joyboy with Luffy, and comments on the "Laugh" the more difficult the situation is... and also his responses to Yamato.... in previous chapter he comments on there is a big reason he chose Wano in particular... and in this chapter, he responds with Yamato Question with "some answers don't have easy answers"

The dude is not some just reckless brute or UNREASONABLE as Doflamingo selled him out to be.... Kaido feels way more reasonable than most enemies we faced, like Enel for example or Doffy himself who was way more crazy and ruthless

He himself admires Oden despite what he is doing with Yamato.... this chapter he has wide grin while facing Yamato, feels like a proud dad that his child is standing against him like Oden.... and he takes the chances that she calls herself Oden and say "carrying Oden is a big burden" and that she must be prepared to go for war with that.... and I repeat...I'm 100% sure when he gave the 1 portion of food this chapter, HE KNOWS that those Samurai are very prideful and not some stupid Samurai and that they are caring enough to give it to his daughter....

and the sword is because they will choose to die as warriors.... as this is the type of death Kaido glorifies... so he gave them that chance... out of his compassion

Wait for it... Oda will shock you with how sofitie Kaido is as an enemy...

I want to see interactions between apprentice Kaidou and young Big Mom when they joined Rocks crew.
Me too! They must have been hilarious :amazing:

No for real!
I have YET to see Kaido kill someone on the spot.... He is WAAAAAY less ruthless than many previous enemies we faced... He seems like a guy who prefers someone to join him rather than kill him brutally...
He did that with basically EVERYONE:
- Oden/Scabbards
- Ushimaru and 2 random samurai
- Orochi's Ninja squad
- Kid
- Luffy
...etc

It feels like he only goes for the kill as a LAST RESORT with his enemies....
And time and time again, it feels like he has a goal that completes a BIGGER PICTURE... like something of the magnitudes of Ancient Past from Joyboy...etc.... It's why he comments on Joyboy with Luffy, and comments on the "Laugh" the more difficult the situation is... and also his responses to Yamato.... in previous chapter he comments on there is a big reason he chose Wano in particular... and in this chapter, he responds with Yamato Question with "some answers don't have easy answers"

The dude is not some just reckless brute or UNREASONABLE as Doflamingo selled him out to be.... Kaido feels way more reasonable than most enemies we faced, like Enel for example or Doffy himself who was way more crazy and ruthless

He himself admires Oden despite what he is doing with Yamato.... this chapter he has wide grin while facing Yamato, feels like a proud dad that his child is standing against him like Oden.... and he takes the chances that she calls herself Oden and say "carrying Oden is a big burden" and that she must be prepared to go for war with that.... and I repeat...I'm 100% sure when he gave the 1 portion of food this chapter, HE KNOWS that those Samurai are very prideful and not some stupid Samurai and that they are caring enough to give it to his daughter....

and the sword is because they will choose to die as warriors.... as this is the type of death Kaido glorifies... so he gave them that chance... out of his compassion

Wait for it... Oda will shock you with how sofitie Kaido is as an enemy...
Yes, I can agree to this. But he did kill Oden on panel, so not sure what you mean

Me too! They must have been hilarious :amazing:

Yes, I can agree to this. But he did kill Oden on panel, so not sure what you mean
Actually, it was supposed to be a 11 people execution for rebelling.... YET... when Oden proposed to give him the chance of 1 hour of legend.... Kaido agrees... and when Oden carried the scabbards above his head... and Orochi was protesting... Look at Kaido's response... he said "they are all in the pot" and he basically tried to honor Oden's effort in saving his scabbards...

By the very end... when Oden let his scabbards escape... Kaido killed Oden because he was at the end of his life... Oden wouldn't survive that pot anyway... even if they got him out... Oden himself admitted that his body was NO MORE... and Kaido himself also saw that his body cannot take it anymore...so he had his last few words, apologized about the old hag interfering in their fight... and put him out of his misery.... Kaido is not the type of guy who does not follow through with his actions.... he is ready to dirty his hands

But the dude does go for the kill as last resort while he tries to make the enemy on his side FIRST

Actually, it was supposed to be a 11 people execution for rebelling.... YET... when Oden proposed to give him the chance of 1 hour of legend.... Kaido agrees... and when Oden carried the scabbards above his head... and Orochi was protesting... Look at Kaido's response... he said "they are all in the pot" and he basically tried to honor Oden's effort in saving his scabbards...

By the very end... when Oden let his scabbards escape... Kaido killed Oden because he was at the end of his life... Oden wouldn't survive that pot anyway... even if they got him out... Oden himself admitted that his body was NO MORE... and Kaido himself also saw that his body cannot take it anymore...so he had his last few words, apologized about the old hag interfering in their fight... and put him out of his misery.... Kaido is not the type of guy who does not follow through with his actions.... he is ready to dirty his hands

But the dude does go for the kill as last resort while he tries to make the enemy on his side FIRST
Yeah, it's pretty great that it's his last resort when he sees someone valuable and strong.

Definitive confirmation that Yamato >> Zoro
Not much has changed to me.

Yamato lacks too much to be placed on Zoro's level.

His astounding defensive output, his AP, his versatility, his insane combat reflexes which made even G4 Luffy look weak before against Dragon Kaido. Just imagine how many Thunder Bagua he could tackle with barrier haki before going down, how fast and lethal his named attacks can prove.
Yes that's the point. If he used his barrier haki he could perhaps manage to tank a dozen of them and in Base before getting in troubles considering he comprised the energy of Hakai and even likely afforded the subsequent explosion before being teleported so he took the whole thing most likely and was still able to fight next and this happened in base, what a beast.

Yeah, it's pretty great that it's his last resort when he sees someone valuable and strong.
I mean, fodders and no named characters are never important in the eyes of Oda anyway...
When Ace got free in Marineford.... his first scene was basically KILL 10+ fodder marine soldiers
:few:
Burn them!

I know Oda anyway will justify it and say "they were just knocked out" and "they were not killed"
:suresure:

It's same for kaido when dealing with random fodders that appears like he killed them when basically no one dies in this series LOL

LOL you don't have to change my mind, but if you don't wanna elaborate on your stance, then it's just empty name calling
Yeah, nah.

Atleast wait until his flashback before you completely write him off.
Did having a good flashback stop Oda from further writing Big Mom as a joke? No.

So, why do you think it will be different with Kaido? Face it, Oda dropped the ball hard on Big Mom and Kaido, if not outright the Yonko saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.