rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, hope 1027 takes care of Fukurokuju and reveals to us whatever the fuck Orochi intends to do. If we are lucky, we geta solution or Hawkins vs Killer or at least a portion of it. I assume the reason why Oda hasn't shown Apoo and Drake in 20 chapters is because he intends to call the all or the remaining Numbers to the Performance Floor. Momo saving Onigashima has to also be relatively soon too. The next 3-5 chapters.

Honestly the biggest hopes I have for this arc still haven't actually played out yet:

- Usopp and Chopper get their moments to shine (i.e. Numbers?)
- The possibility of the BMP appearing when the island lands and providing a sense of desperation for every remaining major fighter while.....
- The last 4 Major fights take place and are good and feel complete (i.e. Queen, King, Big Mom, and Kaido)

Yeah so How is King ~ Smoothie/Cracker then? You are the one who did that Comparision so don't Change your tune now.

But King is a threat? Based off of what? Did he fight at Marineford like Marco did or did he Destroy entire Islands like Big Mom Pirates do if they don't give them Sweets? You are holding King to Double Standards here just because he is Zoro's opponent. Clearly shows your Bias.

Yeah Being the second Person in History to ever scar Kaido, the WSC, is a consolation prize. Polite Reminder that the previous person to Scar Kaido was put in Kaido's top 5 btw.

Law did teleport them - Zoro was faster. Saying Kid and Luffy would block it for the others is Wishful Thinking. They didn't, Zoro did. End of story. No matter how you want to downplay Zoro these are Manga facts that you can't Deny.
Intra crew, there is very little difference between King and Queen.Intra crew there is very little difference between Smoothie/Cracker.
Here we see characters below these two pairs, Pero and Jack are portrayed as equivalent.

King is a violent torturer, yes he is more of a threat than the 50 year old siscon Kat, or the chilled out Marco who lost his captain.

Zoro's scar is tiny/ barely visible and Oda forgets to draw it most panels, and he used the same man's blade who did the giant cross scar. Zoro said he was disappointed in his performance and Kaido says "you should be happy with that", LITERALLY a consolation prize.

So Zoro telling everyone that he will block and then going to block being faster than Law rooming them isn't PIS apparently, despite Law previously rooming Zoro instantly when requested as a mobility assist.
It was designed to further the plot not make power scaling sense, just like Luffy not using FS in certain moments during the raid is PIS, and many other convenient things.

In this way it is quite possible that the Queen will be defeated in a gag fashion, perhaps even worse than the Cracker that needed the final attack of a buffed form of the G4. And the King will hardly last longer than most of Zoro's opponent in the manga.

It's called bad writing! If two years ago I talled you that we would *never see even one Jack fight* you would have called me crazy. It would be strange to even suggest something like that, Oda would never do that, Right??? Well, the problem is that he would, and he actually just did it. People overestimate Oda's credibility, they think that he really cares, but he doesn't, he fucking doesn't. In an interview he literally said "at this point I don't even care about the plot" or something along those lines, and people simply dismissed it, they thought it was a joke, cuz Oda would never do that right?
:seriously:
Yeah, yeah here we go again...

Now everyone is thinking, or rather hoping, that Oda doesn't do the same thing with King and Queen, ah. 😥 I'm not so sure about it. I think Oda is going to dump them too, and the fact that Oda is already *off screening their fights* might be the indicator of it.
Don't think of it as "Jack's fight", it is moreso "Inu's fight", of course it got offscreened as it is far less important to the strawhat story than Jinbe, Franky and Robin's were.
King and Queen are Zoro and Sanji's main fights, second in importance only to Luffy vs Kaido.

In this way it is quite possible that the Queen will be defeated in a gag fashion, perhaps even worse than the Cracker that needed the final attack of a buffed form of the G4. And the King will hardly last longer than most of Zoro's opponent in the manga.
I'm not sure why people think this. Jack and Peros were fought and defeated by secondary characters and not main ones. Jack and Peros themselves this arc have had barely any relevance unlike King and Queen. They are used at particular moments where it matters, that's it.

At the worst, Zoro and Sanji will get what Jinbe, Franky and Robin got. Sanji is already being hinted to have some major powerup due to the suit. Very clearly, Zoro's medication is going to adversely affect him during the fight which pushes him to the edge too. These 2 Calamities will have major fights, and at worst will be served in 1.5-2 chapters, but COULD be longer. They, along with BM and Kaido, have always been the major threats this arc.

I was joking.

I would've been happy if Chopper got Perospero while the Dukes maul Jack.
Perospero has already humiliated Chopper along with Brook in combat, so it wouldn't be any interesting a rematch in which Chopper alone can't win. Perhaps if Brook and Chopper teamed up with Wanda and Carrot against Peros. Peros could also have been pitted against Denjiro who is currently doing nothing.

Don't think of it as "Jack's fight", it is moreso "Inu's fight", of course it got offscreened as it is far less important to the strawhat story than Jinbe, Franky and Robin's were.
King and Queen are Zoro and Sanji's main fights, second in importance only to Luffy vs Kaido.
It's also not "bad writing" to offscreen certain content lol. Not showing named moves or fight scenes doesn't constitute bad writing. Everything that happened this chapter is largely consistent with what Oda has set up and portrayed. Hell, I didn't want Inu to fight Jack, and even I understand that it still was the "best" matchup because of the plot. Powerscaling wise, its also consistent because of how we first were introduced to Inu stopping Jack.

Perospero has already humiliated Chopper along with Brook in combat, so it wouldn't be any interesting a rematch in which Chopper alone can't win. Perhaps if Brook and Chopper teamed up with Wanda and Carrot against Peros. Peros could also have been pitted against Denjiro who is currently doing nothing.
Denjiro probably is going to be the person who finds out who healed them in 1004.

What a sick chapter. From a sobbing brat begging to join Shanks’ crew to matching a damn Yonko, Luffy’s come such a long way. Once he beats Kaido, he’ll firmly be on Yonko level, which makes him one of the six strongest characters in the series, on the level of the other Yonko and presumably Dragon (disregarding Im, until we know a bit more). Luffy pulled out his King shit in this chapter. So badass.

Neko and Inu defeating Perospero and Jack respectively was cool too, but overshadowed by how awesome Luffy was in both action and words.

Can’t wait for the next chapter.

When you realize Jack needed Gifters to fight Inuarashi, got beaten by him in base and Sulong, even in his Hybrid Form, while Perospero did everything in a spam of a few chapters..

"But Jack was nerfed"

We can't act like Perospero was 100% HP either, he clearly wasn't, Nekomamushi wasn't fighting anyone either, both Inu and Neko were in the rooftop but Inuarashi was even more hurt after all that time fighting Jack and Gifters..

Its just stupid that Oda did that to Jack, offscreening him so much is the worst considering he is Calamity, surprisingly Perospero got scaled to his level. Honestly i always asked myself why Perospero was so respected and his bounty was so high, despite his competence (higher than Smoothie's LMAO), i guess the answer is here..

The most reasonable argue someone could come up with is Inuarashi>Nekomamushi, and i think thats fair, Inuarashi clashed equally with Ashura Douji, the same dude who was on pair with Jack.

I had a headcanon that Jack would beat Sulong Inuarashi, then Denjiro would come and clash with heavily nerfed Jack, overwhelming him with considerable ease. Jack deserved a solo chapter for that

Last edited:
Oh yeah, he said it while he was underwater, unconscious, and Momo was reading his mind or something. It was still pretty dumb back then it's still dumb now. But he also said it before he got beat too.

Well, I was more thinking of the "I'll definitely beat Kaido," phrasing which he's only said once.
Post automatically merged:

I don't see the point complaining on Luffy saying he will beat the antagonist repeatedly because that's what he does for like... The past 1020+ chapters?
Or people complaining Luffy is still saying he will be the Pirate King like what have you been reading before? It's literally a character trait at this point.
Complaining about Jack and Peros getting off screened is fair but this kind of complaining is redundant because Oda has been doing that over the course of the entire story.
Law and Smoker vs Vergo. Oof.

Straw Hats vs Giolla.

Law vs Doflamingo and Fujitora.

Luffy vs Chinjao.

Luffy vs Bellamy, R2.

Franky, Jinbe and Robin's fights were mostly off screened too, I remember people were complaining that their fights were too fast and we didn't see whole a lot of WsW or Sasaki. But now those fights look like legitimate fights compared too Jack's fight which consists of the beginning and the end, and the entire fight itself was off screened. I can see Zoro vs King and Sanji vs Queen going in the same direction as WsW vs Jinbe, where we saw them fighting in the background off panel for quite some time and then Jinbe mid diffed him in three attacks. We actually see it already happening with King and Queen...

As you can see Zoro and Sanji are fighting in the background off panel, and that will continue for some time, then we will come back to them when they will receive a new power ups and mid diff them. 95% of the fight will be off screened...

Status
Not open for further replies.