rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the defeat announcements are usually final but i have a weird feeling its meant to be a fake out still. i guess im getting my hopes up because i think oda would want to do the wordplay of "awakening" being a chapter where they wake up from being knocked out and then also devil fruit awaken
If it were the Mary's saying they were beaten, I'd be inclined to agree. It's just that the narrator is stating it, which is a direct line to the reader.

Idk, we'll see. I'd rather think older, more experienced users like Queen, King, Kaido, BM will probably use it because that at least makes sense. Those with awakening or know about it (Crocodile, Doflamingo, Katakuri) are all in 40's. Hell, even Crocodile may have been retconned to having it since he can manipulate the environment with his logia powers (assuming Logia awakening is similar to Paramecia at least, because Punk Hazard is permanently affected by Aokiji and Akainu's fight).

If it were the Mary's saying they were beaten, I'd be inclined to agree. It's just that the narrator is stating it, which is a direct line to the reader.

Idk, we'll see. I'd rather think older, more experienced users like Queen, King, Kaido, BM will probably use it because that at least makes sense. Those with awakening or know about it (Crocodile, Doflamingo, Katakuri) are all in 40's. Hell, even Crocodile may have been retconned to having it since he can manipulate the environment with his logia powers (assuming Logia awakening is similar to Paramecia at least, because Punk Hazard is permanently affected by Aokiji and Akainu's fight).
yeah i think even if jack can use awakening, hes not going to be able to control it like kaido king and queen probably can

Croc had awakening even without retcon.

The only thing I saw is Jack interactions with Minks being off-screened. Very convenient:kayneshrug:
Except, they weren't. You got the important bits of their interactions.

Again, you wanted action, that's not the same thing as not getting what mattered to the plot. I wanted it too, but that is a fan desire and not what is necessary.

This not me saying this was good. This is me saying it doesn't matter to the plot because it doesn't. Strawhat fights? They entirely do matter because they are central to the growth of the MCs.

Except, they weren't. You got the important bits of their interactions.

Again, you wanted action, that's not the same thing as not getting what mattered to the plot. I wanted it too, but that is a fan desire and not what is necessary.

This not me saying this was good. This is me saying it doesn't matter to the plot because it doesn't. Strawhat fights? They entirely do matter because they are central to the growth of the MCs.
We got nothing except stalling lmao. Just read Kyros/Rebecca vs Diamante and their interactions and you'll see a proper pay-off to a tragic plot.:cheers:

Croc had awakening even without retcon.
I'm inclined to agree. He does mention in his first fight with Luffy that he has trained the usage of his devil fruit beyond the capability of what Luffy understands. He's then the first person to mention awakening in the series.

It also just aligns with the fact that Aokiji and Akainu permanently changed the environment of Punk Hazard with their powers, similar to how Crocodule permanently drought out the land under Luffy's feat, statues and doors in Alabasta and Impel Down

With Akainu's power, burning something is one thing, but keeping it on fire permanently is another thing entirely. Same with Aokiji

Last edited:
Because it literally does not matter. He's a ridiculously small portion of what this arc is focusing on. You guys keep confusing bad writing with fan notion that shit needs to be relevant because you are a fan of x character.

There was setup from Inu that explained if Jack fought them under a full moon things would have been different. That already ended nd received payoff in chapter 992. Everything you've been getting beyond this point has been entirely extra to allow the reader to see more Sulong and a bit more of Jack in his minimal relevancy.

Clearly, in hindsight, Oda wanted to focus more on King and Queen. That was entirely apparent if you look at their reveal pages in chapter 926, where Jack is massively downplayed at the expense of their appearances.

So no, the writing is not bad at all, it's actually extremely consistent, because even in Zou Jack was not stronger than Inu or Neko, he had to cheat to win with poison weapons. He was reduced to irrelevance when Zunisha 1 shot him to oblivion. You've known how Oda has felt about Jack for over 200 chapters now. That is largely consistent writing.

What you don't like how he was portrayed, and thats a you problem, which is fine. I didn't exactly like it either. But that's a me problem, not a manga problem. One Piece is not a pure battle manga, the majority of the last 1026 chapters does not involve pure 1v1 battles. It is a shonen series for sure with plenty of action, but its never been its main feature.
Post automatically merged:

Not sure what you are getting at. Sanji vs Queen has been pretty hype and will continue to be until it's over.

Jack wasn't built up to be shit considering he was thrown away by Zunisha 200 chapters ago. Get over it lmao
Explain to me how this can't be considered shitty writing, but without using the pretense that "my view is twisted as a character fan" to invalidate my points... when I don't necessarily frame myself as a Jack fan.

Again, if there is no need for such a character within a given plot, remove him from the work as soon as possible. Why, if he wanted to focus on K&Q while putting Jack to one side, eliminate him so he doesn't needlessly take up pages or frames for nothing.

Consists is my ass full of shit, as the Oda delaying Jack's ultimate downfall on several previous occasions to give him such a shitty end is hardly anything that can be considered consistent. It seems to me more that you're being biased here in your failed defense of Oda than you actually believe this shit.

We got nothing except stalling lmao. Just read Kyros/Rebecca vs Diamante and their interactions and you'll see a proper pay-off to a tragic plot.:cheers:
That was central to the entirety of Dressrosa's plot.

Again, what happened on Zou was already resolved when Zunisha itself ransacked the fuck out of Jack by the end of the arc. Oda then wanted to give more closure to it by having the Mink Kings have their revenge. And we got that 35 chapters ago already. THEN he gave even more scenes when he didn't didn't have to. He could have left Inu and Neko fucked up for the rest of the arc. He could have just left Jack down permanently, but he didn't.

I'm just saying. Be happy with what we got, because it was largely irrelevant to the raid. Inu/Neko were after Kaido this entire arc for the most part, not Jack or Perospero.

What else you thought lol,Kid and the other worst gen characters aside from Law and Zoro are Irrelevant.They will always be an Ally.
No Major prompt no rivalry.
Now that luffy is at the Yonko Level all the others are basically insignificant,All i hope is that Oda offscreens them so that the plot doesn’t seem so convenient for the Strawhat Pirates since they are the main protagonists of the story even Law,I hope ge goes off on his own After Wano.
luffy s only rival and who matters is bb that s it
not midd not law

Explain to me how this can't be considered shitty writing, but without using the pretense that "my view is twisted as a character fan" to invalidate my points... when I don't necessarily frame myself as a Jack fan.

Again, if there is no need for such a character within a given plot, remove him from the work as soon as possible. Why, if he wanted to focus on K&Q while putting Jack to one side, eliminate him so he doesn't needlessly take up pages or frames for nothing.

Consists is my ass full of shit, as the Oda delaying Jack's ultimate downfall on several previous occasions to give him such a shitty end is hardly anything that can be considered consistent. It seems to me more that you're being biased here in your failed defense of Oda than you actually believe this shit.
Because you are confusing "writing" with blown up expectations.

Bad writing for example would be all the buildup we got to Inu and Jack and then Oda just not showing the conclusion of the fight, no payoff. Imagine 1023 was the last time you saw them until after Luffy defeats Kaido. Then in a random scene you saw Inu standing over Jack's body.

This chapter IS the payoff for Inu and Jack. You just don't like it because you didn't get the action you wanted from the chapter

That was central to the entirety of Dressrosa's plot.

Again, what happened on Zou was already resolved when Zunisha itself ransacked the fuck out of Jack by the end of the arc. Oda then wanted to give more closure to it by having the Mink Kings have their revenge. And we got that 35 chapters ago already. THEN he gave even more scenes when he didn't didn't have to. He could have left Inu and Neko fucked up for the rest of the arc. He could have just left Jack down permanently, but he didn't.

I'm just saying. Be happy with what we got, because it was largely irrelevant to the raid. Inu/Neko were after Kaido this entire arc for the most part, not Jack or Perospero.
That's the problem. Seeing how jack got up just to get defeated again in majorly off-screen fight, The dukes vs Jack confrontation on the rooftop should have been the final one with more pages dedicated to it, be it for action or emotion. It wouldn't even have made the arc longer because he wouldn't have had any panel time later. How was the confrontation we got just now even necessary? You said yourself Mink kings got their revenge. Pointless stalling. All the post-991 Jack panel time should have been given to him and the minks on the rooftoop

I'm inclined to agree. He does mention in his first fight with Luffy that he has trained the usage of his devil fruit beyond the capability of what Luffy understands. He's then the first person to mention awakening in the series.

It also just aligns with the fact that Aokiji and Akainu permanently changed the environment of Punk Hazard with their powers, similar to how Crocodule permanently changed drought out the land under Luffy's feat, statues and doors in Alabasta and Punk Hazard.

With Akainu's power, burning something is one thing, but keeping it on fire permanently is another thing entirely. Same with Aokiji
theres a lot of little stuff in alabasta that make me think oda really did have a lot of shit planned out from very early. like the scene that didnt make sense back then where crocodile says "impossible! Did that kid...?!" when Luffy grabs him before hitting him with buzzsaw and then acts relieved when he realizes it was just water. Crocodile knows about/probably has haki as well.

i dont know why oda doesnt explain it but i think a lot of "inconsistencies" in the series would get cleared up if he just said "you cant see armament haki without observation haki and so I didn't show it until Luffy could see it"

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I just think that her presence this arc truly indicates she's done after it. Dialogue with CP-0 has foreshadowed both falling. She's been played out as a major villain this entire arc. Her son was just defeated this arc, and if her other children get involved when the island lands then it's definitely a done deal.

Her relevance to Elbaf doesn't really exist outside of the giants hating her and her cannibalism moment. Loki doesn't need to have a moment with her and Lola doesn't need to appear on Elbaf either. Her mystery behind mother Caramel can just be explained at some other point separately, it doesn't have to be relevant to her defeat. Hell, she could appear in Elbaf, but that doesn't require her to not be defeated here and now (i.e. Moria after Thriller Bark)

I'm just looking at what is here now vs what people are expecting in the future, neither of the 2 have to be related. It's been set up that she's fighting Kid and Law. Like every other matchup thus far, the protagonists have been winning. That's all
My biggest issue with that is she has set up to 1 v 1 luffy since fishman island
These fights are finishing she's relatively fresh the most they can do is move her like last time not actually do any damage. They gonna get folded

Because you are confusing "writing" with blown up expectations.

Bad writing for example would be all the buildup we got to Inu and Jack and then Oda just not showing the conclusion of the fight, no payoff. Imagine 1023 was the last time you saw them until after Luffy defeats Kaido. Then in a random scene you saw Inu standing over Jack's body.

This chapter IS the payoff for Inu and Jack. You just don't like it because you didn't get the action you wanted from the chapter
Please highlight what expectations did I have for Jack? Why are you saying something about me as justification without even knowing me.

Showing the completion of a subplot that has been worked on since Zou/WCI is the least Oda could do, that's what you need to understand. And the worst thing here was not the conclusion of Jack's fight being this way, but Oda having delayed Jack's defeat/death in at least 3 moments of the manga to give him this rough ending that doesn't add anything to him like character/villain within the Beast Pirates arc.

That's the problem. Seeing how jack got up just to get defeated again in majorly off-screen fight, The dukes vs Jack confrontation on the rooftop should have been the final one with more pages dedicated to it, be it for action or emotion. It wouldn't even have made the arc longer because he wouldn't have had any panel time later. How was the confrontation we got just now even necessary? You said yourself Mink kings got their revenge. Pointless stalling. All the post-991 Jack panel time should have been given to him and the minks on the rooftoop
It's not stalling. He just didn't want the scabbards to be done that early in the raid. He didn't need Kanjuro to get up either, but he wanted more closure between Kiku, Kin and Kanjuro. Doing this required some villains (i.e. Jack, Kanjuro, Peros, Fukurokuju) to be distractions for more payoff when they got up again.

My biggest issue with that is she has set up to 1 v 1 luffy since fishman island
These fights are finishing she's relatively fresh the most they can do is move her like last time not actually do any damage. They gonna get folded
hmmm. all the straw hats except luffy could be the 9 shadows. him soloing one yonko while the rest of his crew handles kaido and zoro can get the killshot only by working together with sanji.... :steef: the perfect ending that will make everyone mad

Luffy was set up to fight Jack (according to Luffy and the manga) and yet here we are lol.
Post automatically merged:

Please highlight what expectations did I have for Jack? Why are you saying something about me as justification without even knowing me.

Showing the completion of a subplot that has been worked on since Zou/WCI is the least Oda could do, that's what you need to understand. And the worst thing here was not the conclusion of Jack's fight being this way, but Oda having delayed Jack's defeat/death in at least 3 moments of the manga to give him this rough ending that doesn't add anything to him like character/villain within the Beast Pirates arc.
You literally have been explaining yourself what you wanted out of the fight lol. You literally are saying it in this very post. I don't have to know or understand shit about you when you and half this forum have been complaining about the exact same shit regarding Jack lol. You aren't unique in this mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.