rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehhh, Blackbeard is just his "bad" rival. Kid is his "good" one. Both have received decent parallels with Luffy at different points in the story when it comes to this.

Law is just his tsundere ally lol

Like I expect Luffy to fight Kid and Blackbeard in the future. I don't expect him to fight Law. Laws goal is just find out about the Will of D. Kid actually has the goal of becoming PK like Luffy and Blackbeard
Bruh if Luffy fights kidd Oda is gonna make it a high diff fight. Luffy is many times stronger than kid.

Ehhh, Blackbeard is just his "bad" rival. Kid is his "good" one. Both have received decent parallels with Luffy at different points in the story when it comes to this.

Law is just his tsundere ally lol

Like I expect Luffy to fight Kid and Blackbeard in the future. I don't expect him to fight Law. Laws goal is just find out about the Will of D. Kid actually has the goal of becoming PK like Luffy and Blackbeard
As much as I like Kidd (actually one of my favorite OP characters) - he is no rival for Luffy at this point of the story anymore.

@dirtyLarry
The problem of this raid so far is also the struggle and the underdog role of the Strawhat alliance. Usually Oda show that the villians where the monsters while the strawhats the underdogs. But this raid it totally different. The beast pirates so far didn't do justice for the yonkou hype, kinda a different to what we see in WCi arc.

As example the strongest flying six was laughed out and put as underdog against Jinbe, when we ever had such thing? Jinbe let him look like a fodder. Sasaki and BM where kinda boring, Ulti and Pageone where only the legit group who held up their hype.

Oda didn't know how to finish them so he use BM. In case you can see the beast pirates as the opposite role, as the underdogs. They get clapped in almost every stage, from the Almighty villian is nothing left. Jack get portrayal as a fodder to the Sulong Dukes. Queen get used for gags and King is silent. Kaido so far is the only threat and that is the problem of this raid.

It didn't have any tension, not any unpredictable event. It is a truly disaster, for a major arc who had 400(!!!) Chapters as build up. It is feel less dangerous then fucking Dressrosa and that said it enough.

@dirtyLarry
The problem of this raid so far is also the struggle and the underdog role of the Strawhat alliance. Usually Oda show that the villians where the monsters while the strawhats the underdogs. But this raid it totally different. The beast pirates so far didn't do justice for the yonkou hype, kinda a different to what we see in WCi arc.

As example the strongest flying six was laughed out and put as underdog against Jinbe, when we ever had such thing? Jinbe let him look like a fodder. Sasaki and BM where kinda boring, Ulti and Pageone where only the legit group who held up their hype.

Oda didn't know how to finish them so he use BM. In case you can see the beast pirates as the opposite role, as the underdogs. They get clapped in almost every stage, from the Almighty villian is nothing left. Jack get portrayal as a fodder to the Sulong Dukes. Queen get used for gags and King is silent. Kaido so far is the only threat and that is the problem of this raid.

It didn't have any tension, not any unpredictable event. It is a truly disaster, for a major arc who had 400(!!!) Chapters as build up. It is feel less dangerous then fucking Dressrosa and that said it enough.
Spot on.

I actually get Oda's intention to finally portrait the SHs as serious players in the New World and not as complete underdogs anymore, but even then you can create way better tension than he did.

Portraying them as equals to the Beast Pirates in terms of strength could've been a great opportunity to use tension in a different kind of way (kind of how people are excited for matchups between two almost equal sports heavyweights).

He failed miserably though imho.

But I didn't have much expectations to begin with, since I'm one of the few people who actually also thinks that Marineford was a huge failure.

Imho Oda simply can't write huge battle arcs with many different characters. It's not his stength at all. He's a great worldbuilder, but simply not a battle-writer or master of writing arc and battle climaxes.

At this point I really just want to see some cool moments and get it over with. Not thinking about the plot anymore.

@dirtyLarry

Couldn't agree more. This war feels more like an one-sided execution of beast pirates.
Even when there was tension and they put the heroes in danger (Ulti and P1 vs Nami and Usopp) Oda brought a superpowerful third party that conveniently switched side the time of one chapter to either one shot or heavily weaken their opponents, killing any tension. Even if we assume Usopp and Nami were too weak to win in a fair 1 vs 1 I'm sure there was much better way to handle it, you still could have Nami get Zeus at some point to reinforce her (but Ulti would still be healthy making it more interesting), use this difficult situation to have Usopp haki bloom or even have Nami awake it. Or bring 1 or two scabbards to help them. Or even Law crewmates like Bepo to assist, use strategies, find seastone to weaken them, whatever.
Instead he went for a super boring emperor one shot ulti and page one and kill all the tension without straw hats having to win by growing from their struggles. It's like Oda doesn't want any straw hat notre named Luffy to have a hard fight because they're either too weak and people destroy their opponentd for them or too strong and mid diff their opponents and when SHs arent involved the battle get off-screened without the enemy showing anything....how can wano have good tension like that

As much as I like Kidd (actually one of my favorite OP characters) - he is no rival for Luffy at this point of the story anymore.
I feel like we should be saying this after the arc. Let's see how Big Mom is either beaten or not (if Law is involved, she leaves, etc)
Post automatically merged:

Bruh if Luffy fights kidd Oda is gonna make it a high diff fight. Luffy is many times stronger than kid.
That's why I'm saying let's judge post Wano. He may write Kid to win (which so far everyone has been winning) and that's the grounds I'm arguing on. If it doesn't happen of course this crumbles real quick
Post automatically merged:

@dirtyLarry

This is exactly why I think BM is going down lol, same way as everyone else (albeit, hopefully more intense chapters of fighting and not BS). I just how Oda writes his arcs and has for years at this point. For me it's more about enjoyment than expecting tension anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.