Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure, this I can see. But I think that this will also include Big Mom's side (volume 103+). She's already at the point of no return to me, and will be handled by Kid/Law in the coming volumes too along with Kaido. I think Oda is going to paint a very specific picture with Luffy and Kid.

Obviously my opinion. We'll see. All the shit with the Numbers, Orochi, Onigashima landing, flashbacks etc still need to happen so it's important to account for those things while these fights occur.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Feels like this happens to every shonen author near the end of their series... I wonder why
Overhyping by the fandom. This is why I'm so active on shitting on Oda. I mean sure he gave me some fun before but now he is just milking the fuck out of it.

You know how long One Piece was meant to be right? How long was Oda's vision.

You won't tell me he got enlightened out of blue and stretched the fucking story for 15 years.

$
$
and once again $

What we are witnessing now is what would be wrapped up in under 5 years probably with maybe better decisions. Oda literally stretches everything he can from fodder activity to Luffy running around onigashiam to rach the roof at the specific chapter.

Jack definitely got more screentime than the other calamities but Oda has NEVER respected him in the story

It’s always show not tell with Jack. “The billion beri man” yet he gets a train run on him whenever he’s onscreen Post Zou

I would say Oda has done a pretty good job with King and Queen though
Exactly.
Jack is basically Oda's hype-tool.
A billion strong actually not that strong.

Just woke up and from the spoilers seems like luffy is able to split the sky. Finally luffy is becoming an emperor. :steef:
I am kinda sad that oda is skipping the fights at this point zoro vs king and sanji vs queen is gonna be 1-2 chapters.:josad:
I hope he doesnt skip big mom vs kid and law we need to see the best fight afterall. :finally::finally:

1) Unless you think sanji vs queen deserves 2 chapters, if not, Jack's fight should not warrant 1 whole chapter.
What we can argue is if Jack's fight deserves half a chapter or not.
Robin had two chapters against BM, Jinbe against WsW and even if we count Sasaki vs Franky had 2chapters.
In compare Jack should at least have one fight chapter and as I said, Oda offscreen the battle, he not show anything of Jack based on the hints.

2) You have to take into consideration that Jack has already gotten more screentime than queen + king. That dude's been on screen since end of dressrosa and zou.
Screentime doesn´t mean fight based screentime in general.
How many named attacks has Jack so far?
And since Zou his battle where shown in offscreen, we never see him actually in a battle.
As I said we speak about a important commander and he get less fightscene then Fuku vs Raizo.
That is actually sad.

Are you claiming current Luffy was on this level several chapters ago?

Great. The thread will be filled with people trying to give previous rooftop Luffy current Luffy feats and power.
:lawsigh:
No, I am trying to argue current 100% senzu bean Zoro <<<< 100% Luffy.
Zoro fighting a commander, Luffy splitting the skies like a Yonko.
We know the difference between a commander and a Yonko, there Is more then 1 tier

Screentime doesn´t mean fight based screentime in general.
How many named attacks has Jack so far?
And since Zou his battle where shown in offscreen, we never see him actually in a battle.
As I said we speak about a important commander and he get less fightscene then Fuku vs Raizo.
That is actually sad.
Jack has never gotten a W before. I don't know what is so sad about it.
He was the first 1B bounty introduced, designed by Oda as a hype-tool for other characters, nothing more nothing less.

So perospero have more panel than jack the calamity in wano . Perospero is not even a sweet commander . Jack is shown defeated twice by the sulong mink . I expect more from Jack but it's Oda decision . :lusalty:

Jack definitely got more screentime than the other calamities but Oda has NEVER respected him in the story

It’s always show not tell with Jack. “The billion beri man” yet he gets a train run on him whenever he’s onscreen Post Zou

I would say Oda has done a pretty good job with King and Queen though
Imo he served his initial purpose, to "feel" like the first scary Yonko subordinate. He destroyed Zou, cut off the Mink King limbs, and only left to try and get back Doflamingo, where he lost to the former Fleet Admiral, an Admiral and a Vice Admiral, only to RETURN to Zou and get hit by Zou itself, only to SURVIVE underwater for however long and recover from that.

Jack will always have my respect pre-Wano. He serviced the plot nicely imo, and got his W's early on. Hell he even handled an entire sulong army almost on his own before being double teamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.