Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BBsZehahaInTheNewWorld

You have to master that phase of denial.

It is the Wano endgame (and no, I don't like it either).

Here is what I wrote in the waiting room yesterday (concerning the people still believing the raid will fail):

"I really like Morj, but I think he and a lot of guys here vastly overestimate Oda (to be more precise: the complexity of OP).

It's a standard shonen manga, nothing more.

Oda is applying the same old arc structure he has used for 20+ years here:

1. Arrive at the new island.
2. Split up, have some short adventures, meet the locals and learn about the problems on the island.
3. Face the enemies for the first time and suffer some kind of "defeat".
4. Flashback about some local hero.
5. Rebound and regroup, preparing to go for the final battle.
6. Some big overlaying threat that threatens to kill the entire island is introduced (nuke in Alabasta, Advent of Thunder in Skypiea, Buster Call in EL, Shinokuni in PH, Birdcage in DR, Onigashima dropping down in Wano etc.)
7. Final fights are being set up.
8. SH crew beats their opponents.
9. Luffy beats the main villain in a long fight, island-wide threat is banned in the last second.
10. Everyone regenerates, then they celebrate and leave the island.

It has been the exact same thing here in Wano.

This isn't some great or complex work of literature.

It's a fucking shonen manga and Oda isn't Shakespeare or GRRM. He is using his usual arc blueprint once again - the raid is going through.

If you like that rather "simplistic" writing style or not is written on a different piece of paper ... "
This has nothing to do with "basic Shonen", it's basic writing skills. I can't remember that the strawhats suffered a real defeat in Wano yet. Kaido one shoting him and sending him to Udon was treated as a joke.

Also if they plan something, it fails, like the execution of BM.

I refuse to believe that Oda doesn't even try to make Wano in slightest as dramatic as previous arcs.

Im talking about their fight and not Meme in general. Compare fights and not what actual people have done.
SNs vs Meme started in 1015, and nothing has happened in that fight.
Again though, Oda made purposely named Killer vs Hawkins and Kid/Law vs Big Mom with title blocks back in 1022. Raizo, Neko and Inu did not get these title blocks at all.

This was also ~7 chapters after it started but we've been given multiple scenes between that time and since then regarding Kid/Law. Raizo/Fukurokuju have combined 4 pages of fighting between 2 chapters. That's it. It's about the same for Inu/Neko.

Realize that 2 of those 3 fights are done now while we haven't seen signficant moments of the BM fight. It's coming, have patience. Oda very clearly treats the Supernova and Strawhats differently from Scabbards. He even offscreened the end of Kaido vs Scabbards, but didn't when the Supernova fought Kaido and BM.

Zoro has always been getting stronger fast. He learns fast. We literally have people like Jinbe and Rayleigh talking about how fast Luffy grows. Luffy whipped out Gear 2 in a span of few hours. But most of Luffy's powerups are consistent and are through is own struggles and sacrifices.
Gear 2nd was about using his brains, he just figured out a way of using body smartly, here his sheer strength was amped up, it's just ridiculous, I hope he gets folded by kaido again to be honest, and wins thanks to luck

Atleast all the kaido hype will stay clean

Again though, Oda made purposely named Killer vs Hawkins and Kid/Law vs Big Mom with title blocks back in 1022. Raizo, Neko and Inu did not get these title blocks at all.

This was also ~7 chapters after it started but we've been given multiple scenes between that time and since then regarding Kid/Law. Raizo/Fukurokuju have combined 4 pages of fighting between 2 chapters. That's it. It's about the same for Inu/Neko.

Realize that 2 of those 3 fights are done now while we haven't seen signficant moments of the BM fight. It's coming, have patience. Oda very clearly treats the Supernova and Strawhats differently from Scabbards. He even offscreened the end of Kaido vs Scabbards, but didn't when the Supernova fought Kaido and BM.
Boi nobody cares about these title block shit. Oda dont give a fuck about these fights lol.

Gear 2nd was about using his brains, he just figured out a way of using body smartly, here his sheer strength was amped up, it's just ridiculous, I hope he gets folded by kaido again to be honest, and wins thanks to luck

Atleast all the kaido hype will stay clean
Lmao. Adv conqueror's have been foreshadowed multiple times and Luffy actually learnt its application in Udon. Cry all you want but Luffy's power progression was natural especially if we take haki bloom into consideration unlike Zoro and Sanji who barely struggled and get handed instant poweups tools. Their fans should be angry at Oda for handling their favs like that instead of being salty due to Luffy's feats.

Status
Not open for further replies.