Status
Not open for further replies.
And now try to be rational you as Marine Fanboy and absolute yonko hater, you can‘t fathom what Loda did to Jack. Nobody should do that..
Look at what he did to Lack's equivalent Lacker, it was even worse, he got beaten by bellyfat in an absolute gag fight and disappeared entirely from the story after that.
YC3s aint shit. Story wise they're less relevant than clown villains like Caesar and Foxy.

I don’t care about this shit anymore lol. Admirals are trash, Yonko are trash, Straw Hats are trash, this whole manga is trash in my eyes. Not a single shit is given about Disney Piece or Eichillo Frauda.

I dropped this shit when Yamato was fighting on par with Kaido, at that point it was clear One Piece is being written by fanfiction writers with no clue how to tell a functioning story.
Kingdom,jjk>>>trash like mid piss

G

Gorosei Informer

If the raid fails I’m taking a break from one piece. Im not going to keep weekly reading this shit. I’ll come back for the end of wano or the next arc
Oh god, if Oda actually is still going for that at this point, I'm going to end up going terminally insane probably lol. Especially given how extremely toxic Morj fans will become even more inevitably due to this! Also anyone who has just been on the Raid Failing bandwagons regardless of Morjs video too ofc!
I used to want the raid to fail but now given how much this arc is dragged out, it would ironically be the worst possible thing to happen, sigh.

I was just thinking the same thing too funnily enough, I feel like taking a break from OP and just binging it after a few months at least, probably from January as it's the new year ofc and I'll possibly enjoy it more, at least slightly more lmao. But given how much this arc is dragging out, we might need a year's break or something to truly not get dragged by this sluggish pace!

I'm scared if I drop it though, I'll miss out on Act 3 ending/the next outside Wano chapter/whether Onigashima does actually fall or is stopped and thus if the raid fails and just any potential insane plot twists, lore drops/reveals, character appearances like Shanks, Vegapunk or Green Bull to come, Kaido's flashback, Rocks Pirates flashback etc. Knowing my luck, all this shit will decide to happen if I do drop the series temporarily LMAO!

:shame::risitasad::nicagesmile::jinbewat:

I really pray that we don't have anymore long arcs left, I can't do this anymore. Dressrosa almost made me drop OP permanently especially in the anime too and now Wano/Onigashima, sigh....3 years strong and still going...Oda said he didn't want to repeat the mistakes of Dressrosa, of making another arc as long/too long like that, but here we are, falling victim to Oda's trolling as usual.

I get the feeling Shanks will get a very short arc, maybe Zou length by comparison to Dressosa/WCI/Wano especially although OP arcs used to be like 35-40 chapters max or so I think? I figured around 40 would be good for Elbaf, maybe 50-60 maximum but I'm so genuinely fatigued/exhausted with OP and I just want the story to move on and conclude already. Preferably with as many questions/mysteries answered/solved as possible, as many things revealed and shown as possible, but nah we "need more offscreens, silhouettes, death fakeouts and fodder characters being focused over more important characters!"

At least regarding pre TS OP, I can go back and still enjoy it greatly, at least parts of it at worst but post TS, I never ever want to re-read it, re-live for it for as long as I live. It feels more like a gruelling punishment/sentence. Post TS OP has not felt written by Oda at all to me. Either he's changed drastically or he's not writing OP anymore.

G

Gorosei Informer

We have to look at the thematics of the story, and everything leading up to Wano. Oda kept hammering home the point about taking down Kaido and Orochi. Even though Kaido was the focus of being the Big Bad, Oda still placed heavy emphasis on Orochi needing to be defeated.

Wano might be under Kaido's control from the shadows, but the people of the Country recognize Orochi as their leader, and one of the key factors of their suffering for all these years.

Even though Kaido is also a factor into the suffering of the people of Wano, the two actually share this sentiment. The two are basically two sides of the same coin. The people need to witness Kaido's defeat, but at the same time, the way Oda has setup Orochi, it is also clear that the people of the Country also need to witness Orochi's defeat.

That is the ONLY way the horrendous chapter of the lives of the people of Wano can come to a close. It can't be one or the other, but rather needs to be both, as this is the first time Oda has had two antagonists be responsible for the suffering of one Country.

There is no way in hell Oda can throw all that out the window, and turns this strictly into the Kaido and Beast Pirates show. It resolves nothing on Orochi's end, and would be a terrible way for Oda to go about concluding Wano. The best way Oda can rectify this, is by turning Orochi into something that needs to be dealt with, and witnessed by everyone in the Country. Only then can they truly be free from the shackles that has bound them for over 20 years.
Yeah that's definitely accurate. Orochi was the major focus from beginning of Wano and he had the spotlight and development. Kaido was more like a side character.

Oh yeah absolutely! It would be amazing if the citizens of Wano were able to witness both Kaido and Orochi being defeated and even preferably slain!

Yeah that is a great point too, this is a first time where two forces working together have been the collective villain as opposed to the singular designated villain as with other arcs.

Completely agree with this anyway, well said. I genuinely can only concur with this as it's exactly what needs to happen as you said. That is what the writing deserves, what the citizens deserve and even what we deserve too. Orochi hasn't truly suffered and paid for his crimes yet and the citizens do need that closure, that justice for him and Kaido indeed.

Oda is so fucking predictable bro lol. I literally called in discord that Kaido and Luffy would split the sky.

Literally all Oda cares about as a writer is being unpredictable but he can’t even do that right anymore lol.
There are predictable things that make the story unsatisfactory. However, splitting the sky? Yes, all yonkou clashes split the sky but who could have guessed a boy on the path to becoming pirate king could also split the sky? Nice guess.

G

Gorosei Informer

One Piece is the kind of series you read while you’re waiting for much better manga to release new chapters lol.
Ironically I used to do that with other series for OP back in the day. I enjoyed other series but OP was the one that grabbed me the most. Now look how the tables have turned ironically. I really need to get into reading/watching better series like I used to.

:josad:

Lmao. Adv conqueror's have been foreshadowed multiple times and Luffy actually learnt its application in Udon. Cry all you want but Luffy's power progression was natural especially if we take haki bloom into consideration unlike Zoro and Sanji who barely struggled and get handed instant poweups tools. Their fans should be angry at Oda for handling their favs like that instead of being salty due to Luffy's feats.
By your logic jimbei haki should be stronger than zoro's lol, since he took place in more battles

Zoro and sanji have been well treated, we never saw them go all out or really struggle post ts, but we saw luffy go all out, that's why luffy becoming yonko level seem so ridiculous

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Ironically I used to do that with other series for OP back in the day. I enjoyed other series but OP was the one that grabbed me the most. Now look how the tables have turned ironically. I really need to get into reading/watching better series like I used to.

:josad:
What other manga do u like reading outside of OP?

That would be nothing new....and from what anyone with a working brain can see in that image is just Sanji trying to fight both calamities at once and gettin absolutely destroyed withoud being able to do anything LOL.
:kaidowhat:

Sanji fought both of them, getting folded doesn't mean getting pushed back, by your logic big mom got folded by Robin too

Sanji fought, obviously he was gonna loose, but he didn't loose, he got up, and kicked queen, and he protected zoro and chopper for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.