Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t care about this shit anymore lol. Admirals are trash, Yonko are trash, Straw Hats are trash, this whole manga is trash in my eyes. Not a single shit is given about Disney Piece or Eichillo Frauda.

I dropped this shit when Yamato was fighting on par with Kaido, at that point it was clear One Piece is being written by fanfiction writers with no clue how to tell a functioning story.
LOL sounds like someone's headcanon got destroyed

Yeah, Yamato fighting "on par" with kaido makes no sense even though no one except for Oda knew how strong she is... Why didn't you drop the manga when Luffy went from getting one shotted by Lucci to beating him in a span of few hours? Or when in the same arc, 4 straw hats pulled massive power ups out of their ass

No that was not my argument lol

My argument was that Oda transitioned from the fights abruptly (in relation to WsW and Sasaki). My arguement was that the fights were not over, but very explicitly said that if one of the following chapters showed them all down, then that'd be it. This specifically happened in 1022 and I remember making this comment during/after 1021.
You only made that concession afterwards, originally you were adamant that they were getting back up and having more chapters of fighting

As a patreon I said my 2 cents and live free in everyones' head as I got numerous replies, because everyone loves BennBeckmann lol

I do not think Luffy getting infinite power ups is good writing, some people dont even see it as a power up. Understand how Oda bridged the coating, just think Luffy not being able to do anything to Kaido from 1000-1002 then to 1010 and theeeen to now.

I will be making my infamous polls after chapter comes out

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I like how everyone is pretending to give a shit about jack now whereas before if Oda had spent a single chapter on his fight everyone would complain that he's stalling that wano is too long and that one piece is not ending in 5 years:cantseeme:
Jack’s entire Wano presence is off-screened, but thank god Oda blew an entire chapter on Kinemon’s quest for the baby pig. That was a much more valuable side-plot
:catpole:

But it’s cool, maybe CP-0 will narrate Zoro and Sanji vs King and Queen so that shit doesn’t get off paneled too lol.

Might as well change the name of this manga to Off Panel

G

Gorosei Informer

It's just hard to imagine why Oda has treated a mythical Zoan devil fruit so lackluster like he has been with Orochi's devil fruit. These are the most rarest Devil Fruits in existence, and I don't think it's a coincidence that Oda has given one to one of the most despicable characters he has introduced into the series thus far. Oda either has a plan to turn Orochi into a character who must be taken down at all costs like he portrayed him to be prior to introducing the character, or it's a huge missed opportunity given the Devil Fruit that he has, and all this constant "killing" Orochi and "reviving him" was pointless, and would ultimately end up being a wasted and pointless plot point.
Absolutely man! Given it's the Yamata No Orochi too, it's just insane, completely incomprehensible! Some people theorised he's gonna be the final villain of Wano, that Kaido isn't the "final boss" as we expected him to be but a truly desperate, unhinged, enraged, nothing to lose even Orochi.

I do wonder if he's gonna try and get CP0 to help, get them to do something? Maybe bargain with them and change his demands out of desperation? He's shown such cunning before so I'd like for him to do the same again somehow.

It does have to be deliberate that Oda is downplaying Orochi's DF, he has to be making us delibarately underestimate Orochi right? So when Orochi truly does loses it and snaps back fully, he's gonna be actually terrifying and dangerous for real?

I really, really, really hope that he is repeatedly bringing back Orochi for these reasons. Imagine everytime he dies and comes back, he gets stronger too? Each life/head he loses, he gets stronger to compensate for what he lost?

I don’t care about this shit anymore lol. Admirals are trash, Yonko are trash, Straw Hats are trash, this whole manga is trash in my eyes. Not a single shit is given about Disney Piece or Eichillo Frauda.

I dropped this shit when Yamato was fighting on par with Kaido, at that point it was clear One Piece is being written by fanfiction writers with no clue how to tell a functioning story.
"On par" is a bit of a stretch. When Kaido got serious he fucked her shit up.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Jack’s entire Wano presence is off-screened, but thank god Oda blew an entire chapter on Kinemon’s quest for the baby pig. That was a much more valuable side-plot
:catpole:

But it’s cool, maybe CP-0 will narrate Zoro and Sanji vs King and Queen so that shit doesn’t get off paneled too lol.

Might as well change the name of this manga to Off Panel
Zoro and Sanji's fights are not getting off paneled you know that damn well, i can't wait until you all complain that oda off panele raizo vs fuku though because as we all know everyone loves that fight but they sure will say they wanted to see it,after oda off panels it.

Bogard

You can't win
Oda: "I'm gonna write Jack as the major antagonist of Zou, destroying Zou's centuries of civilization in an off-screened battle to develop his conflict with the minks and dukes(with Sulong hype) for later"

Also Oda: "I'm gonna off-screen his defeat in Wano, off-screen his defeat to one of the Sulong Minks as some irrelevant character"

:josad:

Ndule is kinda spot on that no commander been treated with as much respect as Katakuri was.
:kayneshrug:
Cap, only difference is we seen the fight cause it of Luffy End of arc fight. Zoro and Sanji are both fighting just offscreen. Oda just needs to have two chapters each for king n queen to show their stuff. Kat vs Luffy was just mostly a low diff until luffy got the means to fight back.

1021 was “afterwards” I was more talking about when jinbei beat who’s who

I think we had a whole thread about it? Give me a sec
I mean, I theorized that they could get back up, solely due to Ulti, Page 1 and Jack doing it multiple chapters before. It was a theory, something I guessed would happen.

Not sure what the endgoal of your post is lol. I don't expect huge, long ass fights for each strawhat. I wanted signficant fights/moments for everyone so it feels like the whole crew is surpassing the Yonko, but it was always just a guess. Nothing I'm saying now is contradictory to what I've said for months

Why wouldn't a Yonkou kid be strong and Kaido was talking to her to join him. You acting like she was doing much to Kaido lmao.

Absolutely man! Given it's the Yamata No Orochi too, it's just insane, completely incomprehensible! Some people theorised he's gonna be the final villain of Wano, that Kaido isn't the "final boss" as we expected him to be but a truly desperate, unhinged, enraged, nothing to lose even Orochi.

I do wonder if he's gonna try and get CP0 to help, get them to do something? Maybe bargain with them and change his demands out of desperation? He's shown such cunning before so I'd like for him to do the same again somehow.

It does have to be deliberate that Oda is downplaying Orochi's DF, he has to be making us delibarately underestimate Orochi right? So when Orochi truly does loses it and snaps back fully, he's gonna be actually terrifying and dangerous for real?

I really, really, really hope that he is repeatedly bringing back Orochi for these reasons. Imagine everytime he dies and comes back, he gets stronger too? Each life/head he loses, he gets stronger to compensate for what he lost?
We have to look at the thematics of the story, and everything leading up to Wano. Oda kept hammering home the point about taking down Kaido and Orochi. Even though Kaido was the focus of being the Big Bad, Oda still placed heavy emphasis on Orochi needing to be defeated.

Wano might be under Kaido's control from the shadows, but the people of the Country recognize Orochi as their leader, and one of the key factors of their suffering for all these years.

Even though Kaido is also a factor into the suffering of the people of Wano, the two actually share this sentiment. The two are basically two sides of the same coin. The people need to witness Kaido's defeat, but at the same time, the way Oda has setup Orochi, it is also clear that the people of the Country also need to witness Orochi's defeat.

That is the ONLY way the horrendous chapter of the lives of the people of Wano can come to a close. It can't be one or the other, but rather needs to be both, as this is the first time Oda has had two antagonists be responsible for the suffering of one Country.

There is no way in hell Oda can throw all that out the window, and turns this strictly into the Kaido and Beast Pirates show. It resolves nothing on Orochi's end, and would be a terrible way for Oda to go about concluding Wano. The best way Oda can rectify this, is by turning Orochi into something that needs to be dealt with, and witnessed by everyone in the Country. Only then can they truly be free from the shackles that has bound them for over 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.