Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since the Katakuri fight I think Oda just went: "Fuck it. I don't have time for any kind of realistic power-growth anymore."

It's a mere shonen manga and that's how things go, but if we take previous decisions into account (Luffy struggling against freakin Caesar and Doflamingo) this insane growth in about 3-4 weeks in-manga time just doesn't make much sense.

At this point it's just best to accept it and ignore it though.

I learned that not having too much expectations in terms of logic/storywriting does wonders for your actual enjoyment of the series.
I learned that not having too much expectations in terms of logic/storywriting does wonders for your actual enjoyment of the series.“

Have to disagree with that bro. Since the scabbards started their attack on Kaido, my expectation was already down and since then it‘s getting worse and worse. Enjoyment wise and from a logical POV.

You have to get that they're only saying that due to the nature of his abilities as it can literally level continents if left unchecked, but in reality they'll always find a way to keep it in check as seen with Aokiji stopping his sea quake.
Destroying MF is not a big feat, it is a relatively small island, but the destroying all the individuals on it is a different matter.
Oh please. Nobody gets carried harder by their DF than the admirals.

Whitebeard has the capability of sinking marineford into the bottom of the ocean. Only reason he didn't was because of Ace.

Sengoku acknowledged this.
Post automatically merged:

My bet is Orochi doesn't even die.

He lives in poverty as a clown

And the biggest problem is Oda is doing too much.

We do not need adult Momo
We do not need Yamatrash
We do not need Momotaru bullshit

Everyone was on board with Roof Top fight ending Wano, One Piece had most interest then, majority, vast majority of fan base was loving roof top, they started out with "Leaders of New era", Oda needed to end wano at roof top with supernovas defeating Yonko
Oda should've never had Big mom in this arc in the first place. He should've given us a cool clash Big mom vs Kizaru on sea, then let Big mom go to Elbaf. Agree with the rest of your points, especially the intro of Oden has been a train wreck.

Oh please. Nobody gets carried harder by their DF than the admirals.

Whitebeard has the capability of sinking marineford into the bottom of the ocean. Only reason he didn't was because of Ace.

Sengoku acknowledged this.
After Ace's death he went all out and still didn't do shit but destroy a few buildings. His strongest attack didn't even give Akainu a scar.

If anything the reason why they were so hesitant to kill Ace lmao is probably because that means WB has no reason to hold back and sink marineford
Post automatically merged:

After Ace's death he went all out and still didn't do shit but destroy a few buildings. His strongest attack didn't even give Akainu a scar.
Ok? You do realize how injured Whitebeard was? Between the stabbings, heart attacks and disease its clear Whitebeard couldn't just sink marineford at that point.

The writing of how this all went down was not bad at all. Some people, like @playa4321 are understandably upset by the fact that it was offscreened. Oda should have given the dukes a chapter of fighting at least.
Really @playa4321 ? I mean it's so obvious Oda doesn't give a fuck about others things than SH. Robin vs Black Maria took 2 or 3 chapters when dukes vs pero/jack, just two pages lol. When you look at jack hybrid, it's so clear Oda didn't give a fuck about those fights. He just wanted Inu to take Jack for Zou and Neko for Pedro's death. Next week, Raizou vs Fuku in one or two page, Apoo and Hawkins probably the same.

The off paneled fights are easier for Oda to move the plot and finish it.

Ok? You do realize how injured Whitebeard was? Between the stabbings, heart attacks and disease its clear Whitebeard couldn't just sink marineford at that point.
There is no factual proof that using your DF is weakened by the state your body is in or do Kaido's scales get weaker the more damage he takes ?

WB hit Akainu with his best shot and didn't do even as much as scarring him.

There is no factual proof that using your DF is weakened by the state your body is in or do Kaido's scales get weaker the more damage he takes ?

WB hit Akainu with his best shot and didn't do even as much as scarring him.
Sure there is. Whitebeard couldn't even one shot yami blackbeard.

Hell two shot him since he used the bisento.

Or even damage him all that much.

That's just cope.

Huh ? Wtf ? Especially , oda put lots of opponent in front of kaido to show the most strongest creature. Luffy will beat BB just one to one. That is difference.
Luffy will be so much stronger than now when he fight BB in 1v1.
Luffy will beat kaido in 1v1 kaido don’t show 50% of his full power luffy too:kayneshrug:

kaido have awakening form in his arsenal and surpass his limits it’s a shonen is so predictable

Sure there is. Whitebeard couldn't even one shot yami blackbeard.

Hell two shot him since he used the bisento.

Or even damage him all that much.

That's just cope.
You're confusing things. The attacks of WB's Gura Gura itself never weakened because his body was weak, he simply couldn't spam it as much as he could without being injured. There is no evidence that his Quakes against Akainu or BB would've been any stronger if he was in peak condition, to state that is headcanon.

Status
Not open for further replies.