Status
Not open for further replies.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
low diffed hmmmm kaido going hybrid from the get go and fighting her longer than anybody on the alliance's side and still was NOT able to defeat/put down/knock out Yamato till the end and continuing his business of sweeping off the live floor? yeah no
Low diffed in Hybrid dude.

That's what I meant. When I highlight the difficulty I usually consider the strongest form but if I didn't I could push that to mid.

She seemingly failed to deal remotely substantial damage to the guy and she was about to get crushed.

It's not that he doesn't care. Involving too many characters in one arc is a pain in the ass for any given author; Oda isn't an exception. He just has different priorities than what we're expecting him to do. The dude's probably serious about ending the manga in 5 years, he's rushing fights like crazy.
The problem is that his priorities aren't just different than what we're expecting but nonsensical. Jack's character was introduced two hundred chapters ago and had a prominent role as a villain of one arc and Oda has been completely unable to develop a slightly emotional showdown for his and the minks subplot. Same with Perospero: the reason why readers had expectation on him was the fact that he entered Onigashima disgusted by the alliance, thinking of inheriting the crew and allying himself with Marco, only for his character to be reduced to nothingness.

Oda has a huge problem with involving so many characters in one arc because he can't write more elaborated plots, so most of this filler he comes up with ends up resolved in an anecdotal way. He had tons of opportunities for tons of characters and he chose the most basic, boring, uninspired way to handle them. He's either too tired or not good enough, or both, but his current story is bigger than his abilities.

It's not that he doesn't care. Involving too many characters in one arc is a pain in the ass for any given author; Oda isn't an exception. He just has different priorities than what we're expecting him to do. The dude's probably serious about ending the manga in 5 years; he's rushing fights like crazy.
Lol he's rushing and ironically in the end the arc is longer than anything he's ever done. CP-9 combined (Water 7 + Enies Lobby) was 118 chapters (including post arc stuff) . Wano hilariously just surpassed this point with this chapter.

We have to remember that when he resolves this huge plot, he has to now set up an even bigger one with more characters. He's been "rushing" battles since Dressrosa, and it still ironically has left him with longer arcs lol

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
The problem is that his priorities aren't just different than what we're expecting but nonsensical. Jack's character was introduced two hundred chapters ago and had a prominent role as a villain of one arc and Oda has been completely unable to develop a slightly emotional showdown for his and the minks subplot. Same with Perospero: the reason why readers had expectation on him was the fact that he entered Onigashima disgusted by the alliance, thinking of inheriting the crew and allying himself with Marco, only for his character to be reduced to nothingness.

Oda has a huge problem with involving so many characters in one arc because he can't write more elaborated plots, so most of this filler he comes up with ends up resolved in an anecdotal way. He had tons of opportunities for tons of characters and he chose the most basic, boring, uninspired way to handle them. He's either too tired or not good enough, or both, but his current story is bigger than his abilities.
Very well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.