Is Sanji's Power Up Legitimate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I still failing to see what is the whole point of your take.

If the second high tier wasn’t all out or full power, the first one could have beaten him with a hand tied in the back it wouldn’t mean anything. Circumstances matter.

and that doesn’t mean the first one is above high tier at all.
Marco wasn't full power. Yet he still got beat by base King.

Marco nor Oda didn't provide that Marco would win If he was full power. In fact both did the opposite.

Marco started believing in gods after King's beatdown. Oda decided to hype King with WB after beating Marco. Clear portrayal that Marco (who most consider to be at the highest end of high tiers) is below King

Well, the invisibility DF allows you to make objects you are in contact with invisible. Maybe Sanji's fire will be invisible. If not, it's still useful for basic kicks. Also useful outside of battle. Like information gathering.
RS is redundant lol at this point
Dude was this after getting hit in stomach by red hawk:

Grill shot>>Red Hawk
If Doffy react to red hawk like this, huffing and staying down several seconds, just imagine how he would look like after getting a clear shot like Grill shot in his stomach...

Queen for sure has a insane durability for no selling that attack.
Queen is beast in durability and endurance.

About your comment that Sanji is weak
It’s not the case…Queen is just too strong…

Similar case with Zoro, we don’t go around saying Zoro is weak cause he was ragdolled by King (With Enma too)….
King is simply that strong, and Zoro said it
Queen is simply that strong and Sanji said it

Marco himself hyped both King and Queen together in similar breathe

sure Queen attacks look clumsy but they are still sharp and powerful… sure he jokes around and looks funny, but this is his character and not powerscaling…This is like you guys shitting on Kaku exactly compared to Jyabura.. and we all know who was the funny with idiotic forms and who was the cooler between the two…

Similar shit, but different way to look at it by you guys
Yeah, Queen was genuinely pretty strong this chapter.

Sanji's turn around in the last page was sudden, but I imagine it will be explored in the next chapter.

Anyway, I was happy with Queen's performance, and the gag reactions were really fucking funny. Totally understandable for everyone to be shocked after something like that.

About your comment that Sanji is weak
It’s not the case…Queen is just too strong…

Similar case with Zoro, we don’t go around saying Zoro is weak cause he was ragdolled by King (With Enma too)….
King is simply that strong, and Zoro said it
Queen is simply that strong and Sanji said it

Marco himself hyped both King and Queen together in similar breathe

sure Queen attacks look clumsy but they are still sharp and powerful… sure he jokes around and looks funny, but this is his character and not powerscaling…This is like you guys shitting on Kaku exactly compared to Jyabura.. and we all know who was the funny with idiotic forms and who was the cooler between the two…

Similar shit, but different way to look at it by you guys
Base sanji is weak in comparison to commanders. Zoro is doing fine against king sure he was pushed back but at least he was fighting. Sanji was submitted this chapter, only reason he got saved was because Queen shot himself with his cannon not once but twice (plot armour).

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Marco wasn't full power. Yet he still got beat by base King.
Yeah because fighting BM, then fighting both commanders, healing the life floor, and then having a 1 vs 1 with King is a fair fight…

The portrayal of Marco holding his own against King and Queen is enough to tell he is superior to both of them.

Them being is hybrid or not is barely relevant. Oda just wanted to show those forms against the SH. Except if you’re telling me that Sanji in base and feeling weird managed to « push » Queen harder and put him into hybrid.

Marco > King

Big Mom pointed out Enma because Zoro was using a one sword attack. We literally know for a fact that Enma isn't a better sword than Wado.

He was destroyed. He was shocked he could even get up.

1. I said often. Meaning the people who put him next to Zoro and above Jinbe WITHOUT Germa upgrades. If you didn't say those things about Sanji, don't worry.

2. Sanji's experiments made him look like a completely regular human. What Oda had the scientist state made it seem like it wouldn't happen. Which is why the Suit activating his biology makes no sense, unless it's actually nanobot stuff instead of actual mutation. Then Queen calling him a cyborg also makes sense, but we don't know that yet.

If you want to defend this point then please go back and find an old post where you assume that he will get his exoskeleton despite having the Raid Suit.

- Zoro's first link to Wano in text was Thriller Bark. What happened there? His body was busted to the point of not being able to fight, as a sacrifice to save Luffy against an opponent they couldn't beat. What happened on the roof? Same thing. Except they have tons of active allies, and this elixir has a huge drawback that makes it impractical in most circumstances.

And if you were cool with allies showing up to shove shadows down Luffy's throat then I don't know why this is something that stands out.
I will comment on number 2 only:
That’s totally not the case.. this was never Oda’s intention and if you think so.. you’re just caping.

1- Sora mainly objected to the idea that they will be robbed from their emotions… not the powers itself… so her drug may have caused to supress Sanji’s genes, but mainly this was meant to keep his emotions.

2- There is NO POINT whatsoever, for Oda to create such backstory if it was not gonna give Sanji his power up… you are saying Oda wants to show up Sanji is human? No shit sherlock! Sanji was already considered human by us fans before WCI… what changed sir? The flashback was done in order to give Sanji future potential power ups regarding his genes… as simple as that…

Oda wants to show his family are rotten? Easy, he can make his father and brothers are normal bullies without the whole experimentation shit…

the whole experimentation was in the flashback for Sanji to power up… these were all build up for this moment and somehow when it happened.. you say this was not the intention Oda had, and that this is bullshit?

why because it didn’t fit your narrative and didn’t happen the way you want to play out?

People have been theorizing about Sanji’s awakened genese since forever, and you’re telling me that there was no set up for it?

c’mon!

Big Mom pointed out Enma because Zoro was using a one sword attack. We literally know for a fact that Enma isn't a better sword than Wado.

He was destroyed. He was shocked he could even get up.

1. I said often. Meaning the people who put him next to Zoro and above Jinbe WITHOUT Germa upgrades. If you didn't say those things about Sanji, don't worry.

2. Sanji's experiments made him look like a completely regular human. What Oda had the scientist state made it seem like it wouldn't happen. Which is why the Suit activating his biology makes no sense, unless it's actually nanobot stuff instead of actual mutation. Then Queen calling him a cyborg also makes sense, but we don't know that yet.

If you want to defend this point then please go back and find an old post where you assume that he will get his exoskeleton despite having the Raid Suit.

- Zoro's first link to Wano in text was Thriller Bark. What happened there? His body was busted to the point of not being able to fight, as a sacrifice to save Luffy against an opponent they couldn't beat. What happened on the roof? Same thing. Except they have tons of active allies, and this elixir has a huge drawback that makes it impractical in most circumstances.

And if you were cool with allies showing up to shove shadows down Luffy's throat then I don't know why this is something that stands out.
Bro they were literally saying that Enma is not an ordinary sword, they did not give a fuck about the other two even when Zoro was using the other two swords, they put emphasy only on Enma, so no the sword is def a power increase.

1)it was protrayed in the story since the beginning and after the timeskip as well that Sanji is comparable to Zoro, happened in act 2, happened in return to Saboudy, happened in FMI etc, when it protains to Jimbei once he fought Who's who it was clear who was above, this is like believing Sanji was weaker than Franky before Diable Jambe.

2) the key word here is "made it seem", considering what happened later that same arc and then in chapter 931 it was clear the direction Oda was going with it, predicting it before got nothing to with it it's still logical after everything that happened snd it recontextulizes some scenes and abilities that Sanji had pre ts already, like how does Diable Jambe work, the fact that he can turn on fire during his fight with Absalom you might say accidental, but considering that Oda was already planting the seeds for Wano and WCI there i tend to believe that it was intentional. I won't really discuss Zoro's medicine cuz like i said i don't mind it, but the two things are not even remotely close.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.