Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogard

You can't win
Chapter was very interesting, one of the best in the year. It had almost everything. A thrilling 1 on 1 duel, with more info about King's abilities, Zoro's evolution with conqueror haki, flashback with his old friend Kuina(long time we didn't see her, so it was a nice touch, especially with his declaration at the end), flashback giving more info on the cursed swords and the origin of Zoro's village, all that on the path to tame Enma

What i found the most interesting though, was that in terms of narrative, the Zoro vs King battle is going similarly to the Luffy vs Katakuri battle

- At first, Katakuri aimed at killing Luffy due to his threat/potential. King tried to do the same to Zoro when he was bandaged
- Katakuri tried to beat Luffy at his own game by imitating his techniques as a way to display his complete superiority. King tried to beat Zoro at his own game, with a close range sword duel and hardening, as a way to display his complete superiority
- Katakuri wasn't understanding why Luffy tried to challenge him, why he was continuously fighting with aim at victory even in a situation he was completely outclassed in. King doesn't understand why people like to stick to one fighting style, he doesn't understand the swordsman code, why a swordsman would be willing to protect his sword so much he even risk death to protect it
- Katakuri ended up wanting to have a good duel after seeing Luffy's mid fight evolution. King went from aiming at defeating Zoro by fighting from the distance to look for a duel and seemingly getting angry at Zoro risking his death to save a sword, he literally kicked him back to the island for their battle to proceed and expressing some kind of interest at Zoro taking his swords back

And by the end of all this, Katakuri ended up acknowledging Luffy's resolve, and aim at becoming the pirate king

Looking at the direction Oda is going with this then, it's not impossible that there will end up being some kind of respect between Zoro and King by the end of this battle, with King ending up understanding Zoro's behaviour as a swordsman, and his kingly ambition to become the WSS

1. King > Zoro before Chapter 1033.
  2. If King can contend with Advanced Haoshoku Zoro, he'll be above Yamato as well.
Sorry but based on panel feats she has more showings than king

Able to fight kaido longer than luffy in a 1v1 and even taking coc induced attackers and still fighting

The only person to survive thunder bagua to the head even tho she blocked it

Also for some people saying kings app is higher than kaido…that’s a lie kaidos ap I a so strong that if it touches your head once you’re getting knocked out and worse you can’t even completely block it

you guys think sanji will get coc too? Not trolling or anything but that doesn't seem like the way oda is going with him even though he can't hurt queen just like zoro couldn't hurt king
I don’t think he’s going to get many haki upgrades before the series ends

Future Sight minimum then it’s all flame upgrades from there imo

IF he’s a Lunarian I could see Oda slowly diving into that for him

:hope: I wonder what crazy attacks Oda will come up with that are stronger than Lion's Song and Hell Memories.
What about ashura?
Cant wait this fight made in anime.
The effect will be epic, like when zoro v killer attacking with his base already destroyed the ground around him what about this 3 sword imbued with CoC. :steef:

you guys think sanji will get coc too? Not trolling or anything but that doesn't seem like the way oda is going with him even though he can't hurt queen just like zoro couldn't hurt king
:hope:

Imma be honest, sanji was never really forshadowed to have it, except for one gag during wci

There is only option for him to get it without being an asspull

The flammes turn out to be coc all along and it's not lunarian related

It's not like sanji doesn't have the traits for it, it's just that he wasn't hinted at to have it

In my opinion he missed the chance to become strong warrior. He choose to become only the cook in SH crew. Its decided when he destroy the raid suit.
But maybe he will have ACoO, maybe almost like katakuri at least. Btw in SH crew there already jinbe who can replaced sanji from trio monster, but i dont think jinbe life span is long enough.

In my opinion he missed the chance to become strong warrior. He choose to become only the cook in SH crew. Its decided when he destroy the raid suit.
But maybe he will have ACoO, maybe almost like katakuri at least. Btw in SH crew there already jinbe who can replaced sanji from trio monster, but i dont think jinbe life span is long enough.
Jinbe was pretty much set to never replace Sanji as soon as Oda had him fight Who’s Who instead of Queen or Jack + he’s pushing 50

The only one who COULD replace him is Yamato and that’s still a stretch

Status
Not open for further replies.