Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
goddamit, sanji is toying around against a calamity, this is what we call "mid diff" lmfao.
he even thinking about something else throughout the fight , keep get distracted and most importantly doesnt even need RS or any "special weapon" cough*like enma, getting ragdolled or even need any flashback to make him stronger lol. resemblace to what he did to jyabura.
on other hand, queen is really really a versatile and tough beast.

Meh. Will only be able to truly judge that when we know if it’s the end of the fight or not. That’s a poor chapter, if it’s the end of the fight it’s a shit one.

I get the purpose of Queen having Sanji and his brothers tech so that Sanji can symbolically surpass them, and I get why he doesn’t need Reiju’s from that perspective- she’s on Sanji’s side- but really, a guy called the Plague who has Germa tech should be using Poison Pink’s stuff.

Pointless lasers from the eyes are much the same as pointless lasers from any other part of Queen, so that’s not up to much.

The Niji-to-Yonji attack combo was a bit better choreography wise, but Queen literally does not move his feet. He’s so damn static as a fighter it’s unreal.

Since when has Sanji been training his CoA? Seems like an attempt by Oda to answer critics that his powerups have been handed to him, but it’s a case of show, don’t tell here. We saw Luffy and Zoro train to win their fights at the end of Act Two, Sanji should have had the same.

The bit with the geisha walking into a hugely dramatic battle after a mouse was really contrived. I never much expected “evil Sanji” to go anywhere and that’s basically confimed now.

Then at the end… because we’ve literally seen everyone and their mothers batter Queen, there’s no impact to that attack. Hell Memories was better because it came right after Sanji came to his emotional decision.

If Queen can come back- again- then Oda’s got a last chance of fixing the fight (I doubt he will, this had a sense of finality about it) but overall he really hasn’t managed to balance Queen being quirky and having a load of fun cyborg powers and Queen being an actual threat. He’s been a glorified punching bag. When he crippled Sanji earlier Oda should have made him do that using the Germa powers, that would have made for a stronger fight than him using the funny but stupid Brachiosnake.
Personally I don’t think this is the end of the fight. I really believe that for the calamities to be defeated it needs to be fleshed out more than the current situation because after all, this should be a close call fight. But then again, it might be Sanji’s “magic pill and he can return to the fight” moment.Might make his way to protect Robin and Brook from CP0.

Here’s something very important that I’ve noticed though:
Overall Wano has been a very good arc but Oda’s suffering from drawbacks. Generally when he builds an arc it has this detailing and story telling momentum that focuses on a certain group of characters. But in Wano, it is clear that he cannot keep up with the sheer amount of characters and emotional connections he needs to make with the audience. Hence why moments like Kine’mon somehow not being cut by Kaido and Flying 6 ‘too short to be true’ fights are created.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I swear the only thing I could think of reading this chapter was "Sanji CoC when??!!?"
Spending time in the waiting room again isn't good for my meme gene :josad:

Sorry bro @Doggo, I couldn't think of a third "Sanji CoC When??!!" spammer to team up with @MonsterZoro and @YASER, I hope you don't mind being in a dumb meme :neesama:

Also @Zoro D Goat I finally included you in a meme like you requested, but you're pandaman!! Can you find yourself? :myman:

What's a bigger plot twist: Fuckthis1 and Fuckithis 2 are alive? Or that Reborn is 106.101 :crazwhat:
This is fucking gold.

You deserve a month of VIP for this.

I'll set it up later once my paycheck arrives.

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
I want to ask you Sanji fans, are you really satisfied with the visual of his new PU?
I expected more when I saw "Ifrit Jambe" in spoilers thread, maybe a new design, new color, ranged attacks, better control or some AOE? There's a lot of possibilities, but instead of that Oda just put some lightnings/sparkles. Come on, Robin's Demon Form looks so much better and interesting.

And before you say "Oda won't modify Sanji's main power that much", well, DJ worked in Pre-TS because it was unique, an exclusive thing. But now, seriously, how many characters can use/produce fire in Onigashima, 8,9? Oda even introduced King who can literally use the same technique lmao

Also, the worst part is: there's not much fights left for him,against Queen was supposed to be a game changer but all he got was exoskeleton(basically a hardening but without coloring) and lightning. Let me guess, his next PU will be the "Ifrit" thing in his entire body? Oda, you're more creative than that.

After all, some fans are more concerned about CoC than his character's aesthetic signature...

I swear the only thing I could think of reading this chapter was "Sanji CoC when??!!?"

Sorry bro @Doggo, I couldn't think of a third "Sanji CoC When??!!" spammer to team up with @MonsterZoro and @YASER, I hope you don't mind being in a dumb meme :neesama:

Also @Zoro D Goat I finally included you in a meme like you requested, but you're pandaman!! Can you find yourself? :myman:

What's a bigger plot twist: Fuckthis1 and Fuckithis 2 are alive? Or that Reborn is 106.101 :crazwhat:
lmao

I want to ask you Sanji fans, are you really satisfied with the visual of his new PU?
I expected more when I saw "Ifrit Jambe" in spoilers thread, maybe a new design, new color, ranged attacks, better control or some AOE? There's a lot of possibilities, but instead of that Oda just put some lightnings/sparkles. Come on, Robin's Demon Form looks so much better and interesting.

And before you say "Oda won't modify Sanji's main power that much", well, DJ worked in Pre-TS because it was unique, an exclusive thing. But now, seriously, how many characters can use/produce fire in Onigashima, 8,9? Oda even introduced King who can literally use the same technique lmao

Also, the worst part is: there's not much fights left for him,against Queen was supposed to be a game changer but all he got was exoskeleton(basically a hardening but without coloring) and lightning. Let me guess, his next PU will be the "Ifrit" thing in his entire body? Oda, you're more creative than that.

After all, some fans are more concerned about CoC than his character's aesthetic signature...
Should've been black flame:josad:

Oda has this special knack of making the losers look like total dick cheese. There's a reason why the phrase "so and so looked so weak" is so common with OP specifically. It's not just a matter of people failing to praise the victor and condemning the loser. It's Oda actually fucking up during the fight and failing to deliver as usual.

Additionally, not only has the panelling long gone down the shitter...not only has the story become a micky mouse skit...but the art...one of the last things Oda still had going for him, is now so routinely ass.

This manga has become so aggressively stinky.

This Sanji fight was meh. It wasn't terrible, but it just felt lacking in certain areas. Now, I don't know if Queen is completely down. Usually, when Oda does the "Blank vs Blank" titles, it's the final confrontation. It happened with Jinbe, Robin, and Franky. Queen also doesn't feel like he has anything else to really show us. I know some people want the Ice Oni thing, but it would just feel unnecessary at this point.

That shit with the mouse and the girl is some of the dumbest stuff I've seen during Onigashima.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope

:ihaha:
Dont worry. I dont mind.
Damn, that shit was good. LMAO

I was hoping for a more dynamic change; the problem is the limitation of black and white manga. The color image looked pretty cool with the massive red lightning bolts.

I’m hoping that when Sanji needs to push himself further well see a more dynamic change in the power up, but the name Ifrit Jambe is very cool at least.

However, I still have hope that once Sanji learns more about DJ and how he has these abilities, we’ll get a bigger change.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
I agree. Which admiral do you think will he fight at the end? Kizaru is the fastest one so it would make sense. And fujitora uses a sword so it seems he will be fighting Zoro. But both make sense. As Sanji’s strong legs could allow him to fight even in the high gravity. But I think it’s gonna be Zoro vs fuji, sanji vs kizaru and Yamato vs Greenbull. Luffy V Sakazuki
Any admiral is fine besides Fujitora

Personal preference Kizari

Status
Not open for further replies.