What is King’s real name?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this fight ends this chapter and there's no ashura, fights not better than zoro vs Mr. 1. Even if there's Ashura and fights over I wouldn't like it because I'd want to see more of King. If it ends like Queen it's not as good. Queen at least pulled something surprising out before he went out.
I would prefer a new finisher tbh

Hopefully King doesn't pull a Katakuri on us next chapter.... Don't wanna see the worlds strongest swordsman version of this.....

"Will you go to the roof to cut Kaido's head off, pirate hunter?

OF COURSE I WILL!! That freaking condom can't do it without me!!

You're looking quite far... into the future!"

PLEASE ODA MAKE IT HAPPEN

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Well, firstly your description of his character, atleast when you look at the whole series and not just post TS, is objectively wrong.

Secondly, I'm not the one who was acting like every other fanbase are connoisseurs of literary greatness while Zoro fans are power obsessed meatheads. He has more to him other than that - ofcourse strength plays a role in Zoro's character, his ambition directly involves his strength - he aims to be the World's Strongest Swordsman.

I hate what Oda did with this manga too and as I said earlier we're mostly just looking to see this through till the end thanks to nostalgia and memories hoping that binge re reads make these shit arcs better.
Some of us set our standards for liking a character so high that we forget people can like simpler things. Not everyone is looking for masterpieces to read. People are allowed to love simple things. Personally, the more I learn and grow, the simpler are the things I prefer loving.

If this fight ends this chapter and there's no ashura, fights not better than zoro vs Mr. 1. Even if there's Ashura and fights over I wouldn't like it because I'd want to see more of King. If it ends like Queen it's not as good. Queen at least pulled something surprising out before he went out.
This fight is not topping Zoro vs Mr.1, I fear

I don't think any zoro fight will. Maybe only Mihawk vs Zoro has the potential to pull that one

Zoro vs Daz Bones is peak fiction, Oda's art was something else... He's not doing it like he used to do anymore.

What I would like to read in the full summary:

-Zoro narrating his use of ACoC/further explaining his epiphany from 1033
-Well-choreographed clash and trading blows
-Several new attacks
-Well-done King/Kaido flashback and lore
-New island destroying finisher

I don't think any zoro fight will. Maybe only Mihawk vs Zoro has the potential to pull that one

Zoro vs Daz Bones is peak fiction, Oda's art was something else... He's not doing it like he used to do anymore.
Its gonna surpass Kaku tho..... But honestly lets see the Raws first. Oda has done amazing things in 1 chapter of fighting before, look at 895

Pre Timeskip fights are on a whole new level honestly. They had less fancy attacks but looked far more brutal. Fucking Pearl looked like he hurt Sanji more than. Queen

I can't speak for others, but at least for me, part of the reason I like Kid is because he is the perpetual underdog. Unlike Luffy and Zoro, Kid isn't chosen by god. He fails all the time and ultimately, won't achieve his main goal of becoming pirate king.

I just find that so much more real than Zoro, where the entire point of his character is just to do big feats. That's it, more or less.
So reality is not just in Shonen or even manga, but in majority of main stream fiction the heros are there to win in the end and if you hate that then its best not to be fans of any hero. And that happens because historical purpose of creation of fiction was to bring joy to people, victory isn't guaranteed in real life but when someone suspends their disbelief for fiction they are in a sense taking a break from troubles of real life.

Zoro's character is relatable because we see his trials and tribulations, we have clear account of his motivations, where his overwhelming desire to achieve his goal comes from, the promise to his friend, we see him start out as a no body and bust his ass day in and day out. What Zoro does aka bust your ass towards the goal, work hard and work smart is a way to success and of course success isn't guaranteed but that's where Zoro being a hero comes in the play, he's there to give positive perspective and motivate.

Luffy is the same but problem with Luffy is his trials and tribulations feel shallow, his motivations are vague, he has no Kuina, he wants to be Pirate King just cuz, his definition of freest man on seas is Wonky, he will end up being pirate Jesus something he didn't even work his entire life towards unlike Zoro.

Yeah of course Kidd will fail because he's a side character, he's there to enhance the story not to be the story. Zoro and Luffy don't move the plot they are the plot, story revolves around them so of course when story ends they will win.

Anyone reading this manhwa? Its my new favorite, its like restarting adventure theme, full of battle, but the tension and battle is extremely good i love the protagonist as well as a character.

Zoro vs King is by far the best fight of post TS and I am not sure how anyone can even deny that

Luffy vs Katakuri was drizzling sacks of shits and one of the most Boring fights in One Piece

Luffy vs Lucci is overrated trash

Zoro vs Ryuma was better tho

So reality is not just in Shonen or even manga, but in majority of main stream fiction the heros are there to win in the end and if you hate that then its best not to be fans of any hero. And that happens because historical purpose of creation of fiction was to bring joy to people, victory isn't guaranteed in real life but when someone suspends their disbelief for fiction they are in a sense taking a break from troubles of real life.

Zoro's character is relatable because we see his trials and tribulations, we have clear account of his motivations, where his overwhelming desire to achieve his goal comes from, the promise to his friend, we see him start out as a no body and bust his ass day in and day out. What Zoro does aka bust your ass towards the goal, work hard and work smart is a way to success and of course success isn't guaranteed but that's where Zoro being a hero comes in the play, he's there to give positive perspective and motivate.

Luffy is the same but problem with Luffy is his trials and tribulations feel shallow, his motivations are vague, he has no Kuina, he wants to be Pirate King just cuz, his definition of freest man on seas is Wonky, he will end up being pirate Jesus something he didn't even work his entire life towards unlike Zoro.

Yeah of course Kidd will fail because he's a side character, he's there to enhance the story not to be the story. Zoro and Luffy don't move the plot they are the plot, story revolves around them so of course when story ends they will win.
We dont even know what kidds goals are ? I dont think he wants to be pirate king or actively hunting poneglyph so whatever his ambition is will fullfill . If pound can literally meet his daughter then Kidd will also have happy ending in his own storyline .

Status
Not open for further replies.