rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Not to be a hater, but the worst part of this chapter is Sanji. I'd rather have those two pages added to the fight. And it makes the last chapter a little less satisfying with the conclusion cut off. I guess it's to keep the audience guessing but it was mostly 70/30 on Queen being defeated last chapter.

Excellent chapter all around. Arbel or Albert (gotta see what VIZ does with it) got a different feel to him than King. Seeing that emoting is just a whole new vibe. I wish Oda hit on this earlier but I can understand how the pacing of the fight might not allow it. Arbel/Kaido was a solid mini flashback. I like the friendship they have and that Kaido is the one who rescued and called Arbel King. Very reminiscent of Luffy saving Zoro and Teach "saving" Shiryuu.

The combat and all is very cool. So even in his speedy form, Arbel took two lower end CoC attacks just fine and required a three sword style, advanced CoC blow to finish him off. A massive upgrade over the version Linlin was afraid of 20 chapters ago. Arbel's flame attacks are also a tier above regular fire and that's just his innate abilities, not even a DF thing. It's also amazing seeing Arbel make his ultimate attack in Kaido's image. Again, I get a feeling that these two connect on a deeper level.

I'm a big fan of Arbel taking so much damage at the end. His wing is completely cut off and the cut region looks further bisected. His sword is done for and his arm might even be cut off at the elbow. That level of fidelity in a fight fucking rules. Nothing's worse than seeing someone beat up with a few lumps on their head and that being that. Scars and consequences from the battle >>

Holy shit this chapter was Amazing
First thing
HAKI HAME HA Zoro.

The biggest leak of conqueror's Haki in the series
Bu bu bu Pure swordsman, Roger the air bar Haki man.
Doesn't matter that Roger is Ace lover swordsman
Roger is commented as a swordsman by Oda.

But anyways this is the most devastating attack in the one piece besides Hakai.
THE BIGGEST TRAIL OF CONQUEROR"s HAKI IN THE SERIES

But one very important thing the way this chapter developed, initially Zoro did figure out King's plan

And he shows his combat IQ and top tier reflexes and uses that strategy

But this is where the tides of the battle truly change, and Zoro has reached a whole different tier than King

Basically a man whose defense is so strong he can NO SELL Kaido damaging attacks with his wings and Fire is afraid he's gonna get hurt and boom we transition to this

KING IS STANDING IN HIS FIRE MODE --> Not moving rapid fast, and also everytime he moves this fast he runs out of fire, not create fires.
So King with his fire defense he launches biggest fire attack

Zoro cuts through his fire and then also cuts his wings (An ADDED LAYER that no sold Tatsumaki that can hurt Kaido) and cut through his fire defense.

Basically Zoro MASSACRED KING

THE BEST FIGHT OF POST TIME SKIP ONE PIECE BY FAR
And
ZORO IS OFFICALLY A TOP TIER

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
It’s apropos for Sanji’s character arc to conclude by defeating a Germa wannabe.
Queen represented everything Sanji hated about Germa, down to only using the abilities of his hated brothers and not using Reiju's as there wasn't any resentment there. The fights heart is on point, it just happens that Oda paneled it poorly and the action was very lack luster. Definitely not one of Sanji's top fights.

On the other hand, this or Daz Bones vs Zoro might be Zoro's best fight.

King is just a regular jobber with no kings haki. Kata is shits on him. The only thing he has going for him is being from a special loser race that got wiped out. Without that he would probably be sub 1 billion in bounty. Starting to think Jack is really one of the most impressive Commanders to have 1Billion at 28yrs (same age with supernova more or less).
That little flashback though was kinda nice.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I wonder why the WG would even still care if they found out King was Lunarian. Does he know something that is a danger to them or can his existence lead people to knowing the true history of their world?
They wanna harness Lunarian DNA for weaponry, is the explanation that makes the most sense. Every experiment they've had has lead to some weapon.

Kizaru's fruit —> Pacifista lasers
Kaido's Fruit —> An artificial dragon fruit.

I guess they wanna make use of Lunarian fire for some weapon.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
King is just a regular jobber with no kings haki. Kata is shits on him. The only thing he has going for him is being from a special loser race that got wiped out. Without that he would probably be sub 1 billion in bounty. Starting to think Jack is really one of the most impressive Commanders to have 1Billion at 28yrs (same age with supernova more or less).
That little flashback though was kinda nice.
Tell me you're a Luffy fan without telling me you're a Luffy fan

This was a banger of a chapter

Holy shit Sanji kicked Queen so hard he got sent flying off Onigashima, that's some G4 AP

Kaido being captured and experiment on in Punk Hazard strengthens the theory Vegapunk took Kaido's dna and put it into Momonousuke's devil fruit. This also makes Vegapunk look shady af lol

No wonder King didn't want to take off his mask, he is too handsome and would take all the spotlight from Queen lol

This is easily Zoro best fight post ts hands down, holy shit that ending panels looks nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.