rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Queen represented everything Sanji hated about Germa, down to only using the abilities of his hated brothers and not using Reiju's as there wasn't any resentment there. The fights heart is on point, it just happens that Oda paneled it poorly and the action was very lack luster. Definitely not one of Sanji's top fights.
Same as what I said last week.
I'm having a hard time buying the battle's resolved. Choreographically, it reads like a pre-climax battle chapter. Even though, from a characterization standpoint, the battle's conclusion's been reached. One of my beloved characterization techniques is forcing a character into believing he'd abandoned his life long values. It didn't matter whether Sanji actually attacked Osome or not, he accepted that he did. In turn forcing him to navigate the complexities of his code. His self sacrificing kindness, ancestry contempt and pervertedness have always been at odds with his loyalty to the crew. His character truly shines when he's coerced into the eye of the storm of said conflict. Character wise, this has probably been his best fight outside of his "fight" with Luffy.

Combat wise, Ifrit Jambe is a fantastic concept that could've been done more extravagantly. It looked good, and is a much needed power up for Sanji, but I believe it needed to be a little more elaborate. It lacked the usual dynamic Oda "punch" for new techniques. Either way, since I believe the fight's not concluded, I'm optimistic it'll be better showcased next chapter.
Thematically, the fight was great. Choreographically, it didn't read like an epic fight where Sanji gets a new power up. Hence my disappointment in 1034 being the finisher. Either way, I still think this is one of Sanji's best fights and wraps up his arc from WCI nicely. Just would've liked to see Ifrit Jambe more fleshed out.
On the other hand, this or Daz Bones vs Zoro might be Zoro's best fight.
This is 2nd for me. Zoro vs Mihawk is still my favorite.

They wanna harness Lunarian DNA for weaponry, is the explanation that makes the most sense. Every experiment they've had has lead to some weapon.

Kizaru's fruit —> Pacifista lasers
Kaido's Fruit —> An artificial dragon fruit.

I guess they wanna make use of Lunarian fire for some weapon.
This is some endgame shit

Kaidos DNA
Kizarus laser
Kings ability

Imusama prob will combine this for the final fight

This would be nice theory

[Repost from deleted thread]
Am I the only one getting these Roger/Luffy adventure type vibes from young Kaido? He’s acting as if he was the next joyboy and knows it. Hard to believe that this version of Kaido would go on to do the horrible things we know.

Something tragic must have happened on the way for such behavior to arise..maybe his wife died or something.

Also the bond between these two highlights how much better Kaido is at taking care of a little brother than his own child.
Indeed, this chapter seem to be drawing a strong parallel between the characters of Kaido and Roger. I should be surprised if the Kaido backstory is not coming in the next few chapters.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
"The fire is burning, that was useless"
"He's quick, which means i can cut him!"

So if king activates his flame, he's invulnerable to even coc coated attacks? That's insane

And he took 3 coc coated attacks before taking on zoro's last attack while in base form

King's durability and defence is insane
Maybe not immune, but with Zoro's limited stamina, I think the implication is that defense Arbel wouldn't take enough damage from it to matter. Even Speedy Arbel was handling two lower end CoC strikes pretty well.

Now that my Zoro tribute out of the way

WHAT A FUCKING BEAST KING IS

Look at TEMPURADON

This is 4 Kilometers long large mountain level attack. It literally destroyed the bed rock of the Island. King Kong Gun barely did 500 meters worth of damage and this attack wasn't even meant to be DC based unlike King Kong Gun.

In terms of AP it is at least King Kong Gun
In terms of lethality it shits on King Kong Gun

We also see mountain sized explosion from King. Dude literally Allah Hu Akbars the largest pure explosion we have seen in One Piece

We see He has his own version of fucking Daifunka, his fire burns as hot as Magma

FIRE BURNS AS HOT AS MAGMA
My **** stomps Sabo

King has lethality of Akainu
Power of King Kong Gun

He can literally vanish in a Speed Based Mode

Well now I am tired rest tomorrow

But point is KING IS STRONGEST YONKO COMMANDER EVER

Nah, last clear panel we see of Arbel he wasn't.
Fire is his defense form TAC, stop trying to reinvent Manga.
When back is on fire, only than can he summon fire.

Everytime they in speed mode there is not fire. Check out that kick on Zoro
Check out devine spear
Check out first page

Now check out the trainsion from Speed mode to defense mode, King brings out fire his back is on fire

Status
Not open for further replies.