• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
What Zoro does in his fights - chopping people into pieces. :crazwhat:
What Luffy does in his fights - smiling. :saden:
And someone still calls Luffy's fights good. :cantseeme:

What part of 2 JOYboy candidates meeting you don't understand? Luffy is reminding Kaido of the light his eyes had before he became like this and that's just so obvious at this point.
What part of "cringe is bad" you dont understand? :kriwhat:
Where do you see him struggling in that panel
Cant see what you dont wish to see. :milaugh:

Alright chapter. You can tell it’s the first one of a new volume, a lot of it is scene setting.

So yeah, Kaido did think he was Joy Boy. Seems to have gave up by the time him and King were talking there though. Suggests that the Lunarians have their own legends about him, maybe?

Then we get Oda drawing some pretty strong parallels, first with King having made the Zoro promise, then with Zoro saying he’ll be the King of Hell, drawing to mind Rayleigh being the Dark King. New epithet? Would like to know what it is in Japanese.

Again, the shame about King is that Oda waited until he was setup to be defeat to really make him interesting. This guy should have had a presence throughout the arc.

I like Usopp saying he thinks the samurai way is stupid. His best moment of the arc (he’s not had much). Wonder what Marco will do now.

The epic battle of Raizo vs Fukurokujo lasting so long because they’ve bith paralysed each other is pretty funny.

CP0 living up to hype, which is nice. Coming at the expense of trashing Drake, meh, I don’t care about Drake so okay.

And Luffy vs Kaido is doing this Joy Boy, good to laugh thing.

So yeah, decent chapter, moves some things forward, sets the scene for the next few chapters.

B

Ballel

Again, the shame about King is that Oda waited until he was setup to be defeat to really make him interesting. This guy should have had a presence throughout the arc
Yes, I absolutely HATE this. King was this uninteresting, bland character in a black, edgy suit that didn't say anything except .......

Only these last chapters made him interesting and it bothers me so much that we got to see so much of Queen and almost nothing of King throughout this arc.

The three calamities and the flying six are down for the count, Kaido's army has been decimated, something that will take years to recover from, but CPO still thinks that the Raid will Fail.
Its official Morj either an agent of CPO or he is newsman supporting WG propaganda
Can't wait to see the next video where Morj perform mental gymnastics about the Raid.
Despite how ridiculous Raizo vs Fukurokuju, its indirectly keeping Orochi from fleeing the island and will soon met his final end

B

Ballel

It's not really something that's confirmed. Kaido even said, 'You couldn't be Joyboy ...either'. This really implies that it's something you can become and doesn't necessarily have to be a reincarnation thing.
Wasn't talking about real reincarnation but rather about 'Joyboy' being a role. Kaido is all about being the strongest, he looksdown on weak people, there is no true loyalty within his crew. Luffy is different, his crew is technically a microcosmos of what the world is supposed to be like. A wold where only strength matters, a world where Kaido is pirate king, is far from being inclusive.

Yes, I absolutely HATE this. King was this uninteresting, bland character in a black, edgy suit that didn't say anything except .......

Only these last chapters made him interesting and it bothers me so much that we got to see so much of Queen and almost nothing of King throughout this arc.
It reminds me of Ace a bit, where the flashback that fleshed him out and made him an interesting tragic character… mostly happened after Sakazuki had shiskebabed him.

Oda has very strange priorities at times.

kaido is fast but his AP is remarkably inconsistent in onigashima, sometimes he can one shot luffy, and sometimes he can't even take down a heavily injured scabbard.
but i suppose luffy can tank more than kin'emon, especially with AdvCoC being a massive game changer and all.
two kaido hits = one luffy hit.
the strongest creature getting surpassed in mere hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.