Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really not trying to shit on Kaido, but I think one of the biggest reasons why I like OP is that "powerscaling" is relative.

I forget who I was talking to, but they made a great point that between Crocodile, Enel and Lucci, those villains where all dangerous for Luffy in different ways and depending on the scenario, would be entirely broken to fight with someone else. Luffy was "lucky" he found out Crocodile's logia weakness and he was a natural enemy of Enel. To that perspective though, one can also assume that Luffy "struggled" more with these villains more progressively in different ways. Enel didn't damage Luffy as much, but his mantra and electricity speed got the better of Luffy more than Crocodile was probably a more difficult fight. Lucci could take hits, dodge them and use far more lethal techniques in his own way against Luffy.

In this way, while post-timeskip has an obvious power progression due to Haki (Doflamingo < Katakuri < Kaido), I think what follows is gonna go back to a very classic type with One Piece in some regards. What I mean by this is the following:

- If he fights, let's say, Kizaru, Kizaru's powers as a light user are absolutely broken. You literally cannot react fast enough unless you have strong observation. In a case where FS may work for Luffy, does he have it as well as assumeldly Rayleigh would (this assumes Rayleigh has FS, but it seems likely considering how he reacts to Kizaru).

- If he fights Akainu, then Oda will probably go the route of his Logia being by far the most lethal devil fruit in the world or something like that. One false move can kill or permanently maim you.

- If he fights Blackbeard, then chances are he has 3 extremely powerful/world ending devil fruits that he can probably awaken by natural ability.

- If he fights Shanks, then it depends on Shanks' user limit as a fighter/haki user, which we don't really know yet.

- If he fights Im, same deal, we don't know what makes him broken/advantageous.

In all instances, fights will Luffy would be "different" and by shonen progression, "harder" than Kaido, but it does not necessarily mean they are physically stronger than him or can take punches like he does.

Can someone have higher AP but weaker defense? Sure, that fits Akainu or even Shanks to me. Can someone be much, much faster but also less tanky? Sure that can be Kizaru. Can someone be a much bigger all rounder in terms of "broken" power but still, less tanky/durable? Sure, that could fit Blackbeard to me.

Hopefully that gets the point across. Ther le are ways to do future opponents without really shitting on Kaido's title.
Post automatically merged:

While luffy vs Lucci is my fav ; luffy vs kaido may takeover it :steef:
I'm hoping it gets even more brutal and lasts a long time, his fights normally last as long as all remaining conflicts so we'll see if that's 10 or 20 or even 30 chapters lol

So :

- Akainu appareance was funny :

- "It will be serious with kaido vs luffy, not like zoro vs king or sanji vs queen" :

Anyway, the fight was okay despite multiples flaws .. it's coming to the end!
Also looks like the gorosei weren't talking to that soldier guy (what would they ?), so actually they didn't speak about zunisha! :bamathink:

So :

- Akainu appareance was funny :

- "It will be serious with kaido vs luffy, not like zoro vs king or sanji vs queen" :

Anyway, the fight was okay despite multiples flaws .. it's coming to the end!
Also looks like the gorosei weren't talking to that soldier guy (what would they ?), so actually they didn't speak about zunisha! :bamathink:
Coming to an end is relative lol, we'll still be reading this fight in 10 chapters, watch. Oda tends to elongate Luffy's fights until everything else is resolved and there's a lot left (including Big Mom)

Really not trying to shit on Kaido, but I think one of the biggest reasons why I like OP is that "powerscaling" is relative.

I forget who I was talking to, but they made a great point that between Crocodile, Enel and Lucci, those villains where all dangerous for Luffy in different ways and depending on the scenario, would be entirely broken to fight with someone else. Luffy was "lucky" he found out Crocodile's logia weakness and he was a natural enemy of Enel. To that perspective though, one can also assume that Luffy "struggled" more with these villains more progressively in different ways. Enel didn't damage Luffy as much, but his mantra and electricity speed got the better of Luffy more than Crocodile was probably a more difficult fight. Lucci could take hits, dodge them and use far more lethal techniques in his own way against Luffy.

In this way, while post-timeskip has an obvious power progression due to Haki (Doflamingo < Katakuri < Kaido), I think what follows is gonna go back to a very classic type with One Piece in some regards. What I mean by this is the following:

- If he fights, let's say, Kizaru, Kizaru's powers as a light user are absolutely broken. You literally cannot react fast enough unless you have strong observation. In a case where FS may work for Luffy, does he have it as well as assumeldly Rayleigh would (this assumes Rayleigh has FS, but it seems likely considering how he reacts to Kizaru).

- If he fights Akainu, then Oda will probably go the route of his Logia being by far the most lethal devil fruit in the world or something like that. One false move can kill or permanently maim you.

- If he fights Blackbeard, then chances are he has 3 extremely powerful/world ending devil fruits that he can probably awaken by natural ability.

- If he fights Shanks, then it depends on Shanks' user limit as a fighter/haki user, which we don't really know yet.

- If he fights Im, same deal, we don't know what makes him broken/advantageous.

In all instances, fights will Luffy would be "different" and by shonen progression, "harder" than Kaido, but it does not necessarily mean they are physically stronger than him or can take punches like he does.

Can someone have higher AP but weaker defense? Sure, that fits Akainu or even Shanks to me. Can someone be much, much faster but also less tanky? Sure that can be Kizaru. Can someone be a much bigger all rounder in terms of "broken" power but still, less tanky/durable? Sure, that could fit Blackbeard to me.

Hopefully that gets the point across. Ther le are ways to do future opponents without really shitting on Kaido's title.
Post automatically merged:

I'm hoping it gets even more brutal and lasts a long time, his fights normally last as long as all remaining conflicts so we'll see if that's 10 or 20 or even 30 chapters lol
Yeah

--Against kaido the way I see it , going by feats Kaido 100% beats kizaru/fuji ; beats aokiji extreme diff and it can go either way with akainu

Status
Not open for further replies.