What has awakened that the Gorosei are talking about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, works for short stories.
Oh at least stories that let the MC take the back seat from time to time.

One Piece actually is the opposite on both situations.
:suresure:
it works a lot with a younger audience
I think we just aged out
:milaugh:
seeing consequences(possible death)
learning from them
are quite mature themes

I

Indigo

I see
but zoro has a lot of fans
and suffers from much of the same
I think theres a lot more to it than character development
I feel like the enma chap was the first time zoro has had some focus as a person in a while.
Because Zoro isn't the MC, he doesn't get nearly the same screen time that Luffy gets, so it's more accepted that he doesn't have huge character development.

BUT.

Zoro does have character development and it develops very slowly, with him starting not giving a shit for Luffy's dream and only his own, to giving up his life for Luffy's dream in Thriller Bark.

In the Post-TS Zoro has given almost 0 screen time for Zoro, only trash fights against meh characters. Wano is the first time we got more from him.

All Straw Hats got shafted in the Post-TS for Jesus Luffy, and the Luffy schtick got old in the Post-TS.

Every arc is Luffy gets there, gets invested in the people, fights the villain, defeats the villain and save the people, move on.

In the Pre-TS this worked better because every arc was about another Straw Hat besides Luffy and we got more intereactions from him with the crew, in the Post-TS is the Luffy show and he only interacts with a few characters from the land he is saving and the villain, every single time.

People shitting on Big Mom, yet reality, she along with her Top Tier partner, Kaido, faced Luffy, Zoro, Law, Kidd, and Killer, whom combined are TIERS above Sabo and 3 Revo Veterans.

And Big Mom left the scene with basically 0 damage.
Meanwhile Fujitora got bandaged for 2 weeks and Ryokugyu still missing forever.

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
I see
but zoro has a lot of fans
and suffers from much of the same
I think theres a lot more to it than character development
I feel like the enma chap was the first time zoro has had some focus as a person in a while.
Not a fan of post ts Zoro either. He used to be my fav character but this issue is more punctuated in Luffy because he gobbles up everyone's screen time. If he isn't going to grow in any way shape or form apart from combat then Oda shouldn't waste so many panels on him.

The only character in the SH's with characters development constantly has been Sanji and Ussop. I really liked Zoro's enma flashback and I want to see more stuff like that for Zoro especially when it doesn't lead to a new power up.

Status
Not open for further replies.