What has awakened that the Gorosei are talking about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
People still underestimate Luffy’s physical strength it seems. Throughout the series, he’s always been portrayed to be near or superior to most of his enemies in that regard, the main issue has never been how hard Luffy hits, it’s been about finding a way to make his fists connect.

He literally one-shotted a Sea King in the first chapter. The issue with Kaido has been more about hax than it was Luffy being weak imo. That’s why he couldn’t hurt Kaido initially no matter how much he boosted his attacks. If Luffy had internal destruction in Act 1 he would’ve made Kaido hurt.

I think at this point in the story Luffy is probably top 2 in terms of physical strength after Kaido

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Wait, you thought Arlong Park and Alabasta were good because of world building????

What are YOU smoking lmfao
Are you fucking serious?
How the fuck do you analyze a story's worldbuilding like One Piece using each arc individually?
An arc is just an arc set inside a bigger scope.
You clearly are just throwing a bunch of random words out here to farm for likes or whatever.

Arcs happen in specific locations inside a much bigger world. And the events on said locations might or might not have effects on other places.
Saying "you think Arlong Park's worldbuilding is good or bad?" makes absolutely no sense at all and I'm kinda surprised you think it does.

And honestly? The elements present in Arlong Park and Alabasta actually contribute a lot to the world building of the story as a whole.
We are introduced to the Fishmen race and their conflict with the humans. Said conflict that have major ramifications later on, like Sabaody Archipelago, Fisher Tiger, Jinbe, etc. There's also Luffy's first bounty and how he starts making a name for himself. We even get to see Mihawk and Shanks interacting. It gives a sense of a large world where events unfold separately from the main cast.
Alabasta? The Nefertari as one of the families that didn't originally ascend to Mariejois with the others, the Poneglyphs, the Ancient Weapons, we get a glimpse at how the politics work in One Piece, with the Government trying to hide Crocodile's defeat at the hands of pirates by giving Smoker the credit, etc.

And don't even let me get started on Jaya/Skypie.

Again, what the fuck are you talking about?

Last edited:
I see you are already trying to give excuses, how any of that make Luffy bad?

I can't believe the entity of One Piece fandom decide character writing based on how "powerful" or "special" they are
read what I said again, I don't mind Luffy being special, it's common in all shonen but his DF is also special it will make the character so shitty. In 90 volume we never had a teasing on his DF and in 1 arc everything around Luffy is special

Yeah, the same way I don't mind the zoro and sanji powerups.

Some people can't imagine liking ALL THREE CHARACHTERS lmao.
It's always pick a side.
:kata:
I don't mind power ups either, I love power ups, what I dislike is power creeps

Luffy getting adv coc and ryou is fine

Luffy going from getting one shotted in his second most durable form, to being able to casually tank attacks from kaido without even using haki, makes no sense, specially when he was knocked out by apoo earlier

It doesn't make luffy bad as a character, but it does remove some of his charm

He's supposed to be a creative person who was handed a shitty power and turned it into something legendary
He still did that, it’s crystal clear Luffy’s fruit was shit. Luffy trained and was clever such as pumping blood to speed himself up. It being a god fruit would not take away anything from Luffy’s past accomplishments.

It’s awakening making Luffy so OP though is a step in the wrong direction, and will take away some of Luffy’s charm as this rubber boy beating monsters

Question for luffy fans

Are you really happy that luffy went from getting one shotted by one kaido attack in gear 4, to barely taking any damage after getting hit by multiple attacks?
I am not a Luffy fan but i will answer this lol..
The only logical explanation that i can found is that adv. CoC can be used as defence as well.
I mean after Luffy unlock it he could deal with kaido's power way better than before.
So its a general pu and not just ap.
Oda needs to clarify that ofc or else is just a theory

Current Big Mom would get beaten up by Luffy. His performance in base, gear 4, advanced armament and obv, CoC coating, CQC skills, immunity to one of her homies.

Her only hope would be some downside/limitation on Luffy's powers.
Luffy's strong, but I still don't see him beating a fresh yonko at the moment. Extreme diff if you ask me.
I kind of feel that Big mom has potential to be strongest-in-verse due to her broken ass fruit.

He still did that, it’s crystal clear Luffy’s fruit was shit. Luffy trained and was clever such as pumping blood to speed himself up. It being a god fruit would not take away anything from Luffy’s past accomplishments.

It’s awakening making Luffy so OP though is a step in the wrong direction, and will take away some of Luffy’s charm as this rubber boy beating monsters
That's exactly my point

I am not a Luffy fan but i will answer this lol..
The only logical explanation that i can found is that adv. CoC can be used as defence as well.
I mean after Luffy unlock it he could deal with kaido's power way better than before.
So its a general pu and not just ap.
Oda needs to clarify that ofc or else is just a theory
:josad: so armement haki is nothing but a dollar store version of conquerors haki?

Only in the One Piece community is Drunken Style fighting considered lame. It's usually the coolest shit wherever it pops up.

No wonder people make fun of us so much. Surrounded by a bunch of miserable losers smh
:lusalty::lawsigh:
If it isn’t a tall swordsman with a pretty face, ki blasts and spikes all over his body, it’s lame and a gag.

I swear to God, Weevil would be in most people’s top 10 strongest characters if he had Doflamingo’s design lmao

@Extravlad

Current Big Mom would get beaten up by Luffy. His performance in base, gear 4, advanced armament and obv, CoC coating, CQC skills, immunity to one of her homies.

Her only hope would be some downside/limitation on Luffy's powers.
Kaido saying he hasn't been that serious in a while pretty much confirms it since he fought Big Meme for 3 days just a week ago

Luffy > Big Meme is canon

Yeah, the same way I don't mind the zoro and sanji powerups.

Some people can't imagine liking ALL THREE CHARACHTERS lmao.
It's always pick a side.
:kata:
What people don’t know is I actually enjoy all 3 characters

1. Sanji
2. Luffy
3. Zoro my all time top 3 fav strawhats. I just criticize Zoro the most because everyone on this forum treats dude like a god. I always go for the underdog’s in any given situation because the underdogs are typically the cooler characters from my perspective

Even with King, Queen and Jack, Jack is still the coolest looking Calamity to me

Status
Not open for further replies.