What has awakened that the Gorosei are talking about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For real tho

Do any of you feel any tension in this fight?

are you really scared of Kaido?

do you feel like he is this hard obstacle to overcome right now?

Be honest!
Kaidou is strong, no one in Onigashima can even compete against him aside from Luffy, but now he's not scary since Luffy already matched him.

Not saying its Kaidou's fault tho. Its Oda's plot restriction that stopped someone as strong as Kaidou from killing key characters like all Scabbards, all Minks, even Zunisha, even Yamato (it will be more impactful if Zoro and Law dead, but of those two must be exempted from death due to fanbase, then Yamato who is stronger than them can be inflicted with death since she's not the main cast).

So its the lack of consequences Oda himself made since he wrote himself into a corner from making such a WSC, not Luffy or Kaidou's fault, since Oda must neutralize WSC using plot restriction lol.

I highly doubt that the DF talk is about Zunesha, looks like a red hering to me.
What should this thing be called, mythical long legged Elephant fruit?
And when it turns back into "human" form the minks are fucked or what?
Then there is the fact that it only communicates over VOAT like the sea kings.
..nah

And I love those unconventional fighting elements Oda put into that fight, like Luffy grabbing his Kanabo or them using headbutts, back then a ggn bell was what finished Kuro, I loved that fighting style of Luffy.
And it makes sense, that Kaido still has stronger haki, like come on, the gap inbetween YC1s and real top tiers is huge.
So Katakuri would also not dethrone his mother, judt by learning CoC coating
Yeah zunisha as a power of df is kinda ridicolous. It walking on the sea without feeling it, and its size is ridiculous.
I think the df name already known, not like zunisha that unknown till now.

Agreed about Luffy here.

I just wish there are some character-exploration moments in which Zoro or Law fighting against strong enemies, while side-glancing from afar at Luffy playing around and running away from enemies chasing him, and understands Luffy so much that they say to their enemies, "That brat wearing a strawhat...may never escape being a boyish child who get scolded and slapped by us and being extremely dumb most of the time."

And then Zoro or Law slice their enemies while looking cool and all before saying,

"...But never forget. That is solely because you, are not worthy of HIS WRATH, that defeated The World's Strongest Living Being !!!"

Moments like this :steef:
We got something like this when Roger fought against Whitebeard. Remember how Rayliegh was going ahead and Roger stopped him and went ahead to fight Oden. And then Rayleigh replied "you just want to fight with him yourself".

Yes, I get your point. These moments are special, we will get this hype moment at the start of next arc or maybe after that.

Kaidou is strong, no one in Onigashima can even compete against him aside from Luffy, but now he's not scary since Luffy already matched him.

Not saying its Kaidou's fault tho. Its Oda's plot restriction that stopped someone as strong as Kaidou from killing key characters like all Scabbards, all Minks, even Zunisha, even Yamato (it will be more impactful if Zoro and Law dead, but of those two must be exempted from death due to fanbase, then Yamato who is stronger than them can be inflicted with death since she's not the main cast).

So its the lack of consequences Oda himself made since he wrote himself into a corner from making such a WSC, not Luffy or Kaidou's fault, since Oda must neutralize WSC using plot restriction lol.
i'm not saying it's their fault

But it's sill bad that there's no tension, right?

Bashing Luffy yet praising someone who :
  • Somehow can block a combo attack from Yonko and still fight a bit after
  • Who took magical healing drugs to heal up
  • Who can use adcoc straight after unlocking CoC
  • Who can use kinnemon fighting style coz he saw it once lol
Yeah yeah luffy sucks but Zoro asspulls are great

i'm not saying it's their fault

But it's sill bad that there's no tension, right?
It is still bad. Too many powerscaling without proper buildup, tension and consequences, shows that One Piece focuses more on fanservice currently. Its to make us fandoms happy with each our favorite chars accomplishment, i hope its more than that but currently it couldnt escape being fanservice.

Status
Not open for further replies.