What has awakened that the Gorosei are talking about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny that all this criticism wasn’t there until Luffy fought Kaido. It has nothing to do with the chapter being good or bad.

This shit about lack of tension is horse s**t. There are several moments I can point to where things got really bad for the good guys where we were unsure as to whether or not the raid would fail. Naturally the good guys eventually overcome the bad guys. It’s only now towards the end that these people start complaining. It doesn’t matter that Luufy lost 3 times for him to get to this point. No it NEEds more tension.

:okay:
Point to those moments. I will wait

My biggest disappointments are clearly Jack and Queen. Sanji vs Queen was nice for Sanji's character but as a fight it was pretty underwhelming due to the fact Queen never really felt threatening, and the ending of the fight was quite anticlimatic (so much that many doubted it was the actual finisher). And Jack -got like 4 pages worth of fighting the entire raid.
Sorry, but for all the hype emperor crews have gotten since arguably Enies Lobby, I genuinely wanted much more from two of Kaido top 3 fighters
I do completely agree with this. Even if it was Inu, I wished he gave Jack an actual powerset. Nothing really made him unique.

Same thing can be extended to Page 1 too. No named moves and a fight completely stolen from Usopp. And yeah I agree with Queen, I was underwhelmed by it, especially when Zoro vs King was great and it's at least looking like Luffy vs Kaido is starting off pretty well

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
That is one criticism I can get behind. I do with the Beast Pirates did have some levelnof differentiation when it came to being a competent Yonko crew with awakening users (save for Kaido).

I'm currently "ok" with what we have, but am a little annoyed by Usopp and Chopper mostly. This is why I always say that if Oda is meant for these crews to be blitzed like this, then at least give Big Mom's crew something to do before they are permanently irrelevant. I'd love the crew to get more action moments. Maybe they still do, but I'm not counting on that
I would say Usopp annoys me way more than Chopper. Chopper may not have had a fight but I liked the moments where he cured the Ice Oni virus and the period where he tussled with Queen, he was able to get a couple of highlights in this arc.

I'm not sure what Usopp did this arc other than having some goof moments with Nami, babysitting Tama, sniping some drunks or people with their backs turned and getting saved by Izou when he's supposed to save Kiku and Kinemon. I have a feeling he'll have some kind of moment before the arc ends but as one of my favorite Straw Hats, he could really use some hype. Here's hoping Elbaf redeems him.
:hapnoel:

No, it is not even close to that,
If you don't see that Wano has zero tension, that doesn't mean that others should feel same way.
In Ennies lobby there was tension of danger. While here is just ZERO pay off, like Crydo is just some guy, not the villain of story.
And what about off-screened calamities? Losing memories? Are you a fool?
Keep it up, you have been constant in your arguments. I also share the same views, yet the fans do not realize this. However, it has started to show in the sales; OP is out of top 10.

I would say Usopp annoys me way more than Chopper. Chopper may not have had a fight but I liked the moments where he cured the Ice Oni virus and the period where he tussled with Queen, he was able to get a couple of highlights in this arc.

I'm not sure what Usopp did this arc other than having some goof moments with Nami, babysitting Tama, sniping some drunks or people with their backs turned and getting saved by Izou when he's supposed to save Kiku and Kinemon. I have a feeling he'll have some kind of moment before the arc ends but as one of my favorite Straw Hats, he could really use some hype. Here's hoping Elbaf redeems him.
:hapnoel:
I count "big" moments typically as double spreads or just generally good paneling. Usopp has had none of those this arc and Chopper definitely had quite a few scenes, I agree.

It's crazy because we all know Oda has good stuff planned for Usopp. The Sugar snipe chapter is probably one do the series best, and we know he's building up to Usopp having monstrous CoO, but it's like....why not elaborate on that this arc? No growth for Usopp??? Especially when we are 1/2 arcs away from Elbaf?

Can you imagine reading Marineford weekly? It’s hype as a read through but Jesus is it slow
Marineford did one thing I don't think Oda will ever dare do again : Killing two important characters.
It was especially impactful because Oda free Ace and acting like he and Luffy were going to sucesfully escape... just to kill him 2 chapters later.
I'm not bloodthirsty for death, as I wouldn't read One Piece otherwise but I genuinely thought ONE character would have died in this war by now.
Guess the will of Pell is a curse the manga will never be free of

No, it is not even close to that,
If you don't see that Wano has zero tension, that doesn't mean that others should feel same way.
In Ennies lobby there was tension of danger. While here is just ZERO pay off, like Crydo is just some guy, not the villain of story.
And what about off-screened calamities? Losing memories? Are you a fool?
They say OP is long and adventure manga. Long does not mean Oda has to sacrifice quality. There are many authors who get a headstart and start off amazing. But, their writing capabilities show when it comes to concluding the story; not dragging it.
The success in this matter is different. One may argue that overall sales and money = success, but what about the reader experience and loyalty to fans?

Keep it up, you have been constant in your arguments. I also share the same views, yet the fans do not realize this. However, it has started to show in the sales; OP is out of top 10.
The lack of serious consequences in actions pretty evident

Add to the fact , the lack of urgency to Onigashima falling
Post automatically merged:

Marineford did one thing I don't think Oda will ever dare do again : Killing two important characters.
It was especially impactful because Oda free Ace and acting like he and Luffy were going to sucesfully escape... just to kill him 2 chapters later.
I'm not bloodthirsty for death, as I wouldn't read One Piece otherwise but I genuinely thought ONE character would have died in this war by now.
Guess the will of Pell is a curse the manga will never be free of
Aside from the killing
Marineford have serious consequences on mistakes
We have Jozu losing an arm for his loss of focus

Jinbe and luffy havin deep scars
Oars jr losin his leg

I will say that I think we still need to wait till the end of the arc to fully judge certain aspects. If you are still wanting things from Usopp or Brook or Chopper or more Jinbe/Franky scenes, etc, then its possible they still happen by virtue of what comes next.

Big Mom's crew IS still a lingering plotline and hasn't been addressed. Not saying they HAVE to show up, but Oda does need to address them.

Will CP-0 catchup to Brook/Robin? Could Franky/Jinbe hold them off? Things like this.

The lack of serious consequences in actions pretty evident

Add to the fact , the lack of urgency to Onigashima falling
Right.

Theory makers go ape shit on every U-turn Oda takes.

For instance; Momo asked Shinobu to use her fruit on him. He got older now, but why not before the start of the raid so that he can take command? Why the story of him getting captured was dragged out?

It may seem writer's thought process at first glance, but if you analyze it carefully the editors are doing their job to drag the story as much as they can, yet still make it sound somehow interesting and maintain the balance.

Funny that all this criticism wasn’t there until Luffy fought Kaido. It has nothing to do with the chapter being good or bad.

This shit about lack of tension is horse s**t. There are several moments I can point to where things got really bad for the good guys where we were unsure as to whether or not the raid would fail. Naturally the good guys eventually overcome the bad guys. It’s only now towards the end that these people start complaining. It doesn’t matter that Luufy lost 3 times for him to get to this point. No it NEEds more tension.

:okay:
List all those moments
I will wait for your list

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
I count "big" moments typically as double spreads or just generally good paneling. Usopp has had none of those this arc and Chopper definitely had quite a few scenes, I agree.

It's crazy because we all know Oda has good stuff planned for Usopp. The Sugar snipe chapter is probably one do the series best, and we know he's building up to Usopp having monstrous CoO, but it's like....why not elaborate on that this arc? No growth for Usopp??? Especially when we are 1/2 arcs away from Elbaf?
Considering Oda is adding Zuneshia to the mix in Wano, there might be some chaos happening here after Onigashima lands. Because there will be that plus the WG, plus the BMI Pirates.

It might be more involved with the WG considering that Usopp has almost 0 connection to the BMI Pirates like other members (including Carrot :myman:).

But if that doesn't happen then I'm hoping Elbaf has an antagonist that'll need to betaken down cause it won't be good news for Ol' Usopp if it's a Zou-Type transition arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.