What has awakened that the Gorosei are talking about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a misconception

He explained in an sbs that the one piece will be found in 5 years

There's still dozens of possible plot lines after luffy becomes pirate king
I think it meaning literally Luffy's journey will finish (his most "interesting part") to Laugh Tale in 5 years is appropriate (though he still will overestimate, it's been 2+ years already). However, what follows I think will only be the final war, not dozens of plotlines literally, but huge tying up of loose ends to the plot.

I 100% think Oda is separating the final war from the actual Journey. Point in case, he's actually called the 100 chapters from Amazon Lily/Impel Down/Marineford as a side story, not the actual journey. As such, the final war and end plot isn't "really" the journey.

It also just makes sense too, because Whitebeard essentially spoiled how its gonna go down:

It essentially points to the structure: Find all Road Poneglyphs -> Lodestar/Laugh Tale -> Final War.

Tldr: 5 years left imo ONLY ever meant Luffys journey to Laugh Tale and One Piece, not the massive final war that probably be longer than Wano at this rate, considering it requires like 5x the characters.

It's a misconception

He explained in an sbs that the one piece will be found in 5 years

There's still dozens of possible plot lines after luffy becomes pirate king
Yeah, I remember him saying that the mystery of what the one piece is would be resolved in 5 years. And that that was why he felt like the story of the one piece itself would be over in 5 years.
They do say 5 years every year though.

Yeah, I remember him saying that the mystery of what the one piece is would be resolved in 5 years. And that that was why he felt like the story of the one piece itself would be over in 5 years.
They do say 5 years every year though.
Yup, but Oda is funny like that in that he never really says the "manga" or serialization will end. Final War could be a huge chunk of plot that he's excited to draw after the story of THE One Piece finishes/found. We have to remember he called ID/Marineford side plot, not the actual journey. And this makes sense too, Luffy isn't trying take down the WG yet.

If we’re moving to Kaido fight next, it will mean that Kid and Law will only stall big mom and not defeat her

If she’s going down this arc, it will only happen BEFORE Kaido since he’s final villain of the arc, OR if she goes down after then it’s by someone else not Kid and Law… a new person coming up…

other than that, she will be stalled only

Status
Not open for further replies.