What has awakened that the Gorosei are talking about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like this is gonna be the new excuse for Luffy fans lol.

First it was “Luffy will never be a child of prophecy unlike that trash Naruto” and now it’s “Well teeeechnically Luffy was hinted to be destined way before Naruto so technically Naruto copied One Piece”
:gokulaugh:
Oda did hint at Luffy being Joyboy. I ststed this im a thread 2 years ago

Luffy is joyboy

Luffy is joyboy, and Wano needs to be opened for when Luffy returns from Laughtale.

Chapter 626, 647, 649, 968 & 972 confirm that.

Oda has also pointed to Luffy being Joyboy

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EMafHAUWsAUzt_5?format=jpg&name=large

Joyboy's special power is to make people as well as livomg creatures friend and foe follow him, which he has done all throughout the manga.

Chapter 949 has shown this.

This also ties to Luffy using the Voice of All things to telepathically communicate with Momo and laws submarine in chapter 914 & 915.

That power is the also the power to control Poseidon, as stated by the fishmen.island legend.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
What’s Un-natural about it?? We saw him enhancing the size of attacks long before he was trolling luffy G3.... He does so literally to trap luffy initially at the wedding. There’s nothing unique about it, Kata trolling noticeable superior to G3 factually.

That’s more so the technique requiring momentum, then an actual clash. Let’s get this straight those attacks weren’t comparable at all, G3 was completely trashed. Which heavily goes against the suggestion “PM”, an attack that should be noticeable above Kata trolling G3 lvl. Since Awakening clearly been implied stronger then ur base arsenal. This is just gross scaling imo that common with Kata.
Nope doesn’t make any logical sense imo!! the implication was Kata troll G3, vastly superior to Luffy Not marginally.

Ur basically suggesting there’s no difference, or a marginal difference between trolling Kata. An his most powerful awakening attack!!! Doesn’t make a lick of sense imo.... That moment was never about luffy blocking Power mochi. It was about him reacting to what Kata was doing before hand(basically unlocking FS).
Firstly, why do you think an attack Katakuri quite literally made up on the spot by just blowing Mochi absolutely cannot be stronger than an attack which he has spent decades honing? Like take G4 Luffy for example, we all agree that the Headbutt which broke through Doffy's Offwhite was troll but nice counter, something he never used again ever in his life. But it is stronger than Culverin and Double Culverin, attacks that he practically spent months honing while training in Ruskaina.

An attack which may not be strong as a single move but when the purpose of his awakening is to give him versatility, range and environmental control - it does the job really well if you ask me. A spam of Power Mochi's even if it's individually G3 level, is really hard to fight against if you don't have strong durability or hax. Exactly like Flap Thread - a single Flap Thread may not be that dangerous but a barrage of them is too strong.

It barely even gains momentum... what exactly do u mean it’s not going to be boosted. The anime showed Kata G3 pretty while.
By boosted I mean, if the mechanism is stopped. Like say Kong Gun, it's unstoppable after the compression is released since the full power of the punch is going to be thrown out like a Cannon. Similar to that Power Mochi is also a move where he outputs that power as soon as he makes that move. It hasn't shown to gain momentum or anything. Katakuri sticks it out like his arms and uses it that way.

Well here ur just making stuff up. “PM” was never shown not G4 lvl to begin with!!! It’s just at that time nobody was allowed to have G4 AP. Whereas now anybody can have G4 AP. See king/Sanji as prime examples. Kata never directly clashed with G4, an him not doing so doesn’t suggest his AP below.
If it was G4 level, he would've clashed with actual Kong Gun attacks straight up instead of redirecting them.

King and Sanji? I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but how many G4 level attacks does Sanji and King have? I don't think IJ are casual Kong Gun level attacks. Boeuf Burst surely is above G4 though but that's about it. Tankyudon is a G4 level attack, Tempura Udon has the DC of a G4 attack but is comparable to Mogura Thrust rather than Power Mochi.

And importantly, none of those attacks are spammable unlike Power Mochi.

Plus that isn't how feats work - you give G4 level AP feats to characters who show those feats. Not the other way around.

Plus you are obviously missing the point that King and Sanji both are physical fighters who have enhanced bodies unlike Katakuri to begin with.

block mochi isn’t a form tho lol.... He’s in base when using said haki, an can apparently apply haki directly to his awakening. So again there’s no world in which Kata trolling even comparable to normal “PM”, let alone the amp G3 version.
Has he ever done that to his awakening though? Once again, I don't remember the fight but I remember Luffy specifically highlighting his "block mochi defenses" and was only ever shown to wince in pain when his armament was refined in that particular form.

If we use current scaling why not?? King apparently KKG lvl for doing a feat not even directly comparable to KKG or nearly as impressive. It’s all a matter of perspective since PM & G4 never clash directly
I am one of the biggest King fans on the forum and I made the thread where I highlighted Tempura Udon's scaling. I myself disagree with the KKG DC scaling lol. I've always said it's mid-G4 DC and KKG scaling is flawed since Doffy's body caused that impact and not the fist itself. So you're talking to the wrong guy about it lol.

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
Unlike Naruto, Luffy wasn't destined to become the 'child of prophecy' when he was born.

Luffy is the 'child of prophecy' because he is the way he is. As in he meets the conditions to be said prophetic child. It could have been anyone, but it hapenned to be Luffy.

I swear some people have so much hatred for a character that it blinds their reading comprehension.
Fr, if you hate the child of prophecy so hard, feel free to drop the manga and stick to reading Sanji's food wars
It's not like Luffy is the sole reason why their fave has any sort of relevance in the story in the first place:giogio:

Status
Not open for further replies.