What has awakened that the Gorosei are talking about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You smoking crack? JJK art is god-tier, its fights are 100x better than OP fights
LOL, I can't draw better even on a drunk day, I barely can tell what's happening, need to reread the chapter everytime, and I'm not the only one in my entourage to say so. I still like it but let's not be dishonest about it, I'm just waiting for the anime version

Lol...sad to throw water on your "huge" victory but he exaggerated things...:suresure:
you do know the sales of 2021 and you do know its place...and you even proclaimed that it will not be even in top 20 next year.....
Yes, I know that...but apparantly people needs more time for dropping in once and for all. You know we will see how you will react if ZKK happens/ not happens. Thumbs up CLOWN the ODA! You made right desicion with all this is build up of ZKK with no pay off, or that will piss off part of OP community to the point when they will just drop this shit.
:suresure::suresure::suresure:

Yes, I know that...but apparantly people needs more time for dropping in once and for all. You know we will see how you will react if ZKK happens/ not happens. Thumbs up CLOWN the ODA! You made right desicion with all this is build up of ZKK with no pay off, or that will piss off part of OP community to the point when they will just drop this shit.
:suresure::suresure::suresure:
I'll ask Oda to make the Gomu Gomu the legendary fruit to make you happy, don't worry.

I agree with this part, I also think that Luffy vs Shanks is going to happen, although I don't know in which format. The fact that Luffy says that he's going to defeat all 4 Emperors but shows only 3 fingers, means that Luffy has his own way of dealing with Shanks. I personally think that Luffy wants to have a "duel" with Shanks–something like Zoro vs Mihawk–to find out who is the strongest. Plus, I think Luffy's crew will fallow Luffy's steps and have duels with Shanks' crew.

I disagree with this part for multiple reasons: 1. Shanks has a "VERY" visible scar on his face left by none other than Blackbeard himself. Scares are "VERY" important in one piece; Whitebeard's huge scar in his chest was left by someone who was clearly his enemy, Luffy's scar was left by Akainu who was trying to kill him, Kaido's scar was left by Oden who was also trying to kill him etc. Shanks' scar has the same meaning, their conflict (for whatever reason) hasn't been solved yet, which means that their final show down has yet to happen. 2. Blackbeard and Shanks are clearly enemies; Blackbeard essentially killed his captain's son by giving him to the Marines, Blackbeard also tried to kill/capture Luffy too. 3. And third but not least, Blackbeard has to–and probably wants to–take down all Emperors for his goals, which means that at some point Shanks and Blackbeard, one way or the other, will fight, with one of them eventually dieing–and since Blackbeard has to fight against Luffy later on, means that Shanks will be the one to lose, unless you think Blackbeard doesn't kill his enemies like Luffy.

If all of this still doesn't change your mind, then I guess we'll agree to disagree.
It doesn't convince me, but I agree with your bolded statement.

The only other thing I can say is to have a look at my sig post to get my opinion on this. I completely believe Blackbeard is tied to the endgame, just along with Luffy and Shanks. The final war will be a monstrosity in this way. I just don't believe that Shanks will be "linearly" taken care of before Blackbeard. I think its more complicated than that. It's similar to how BM and Kaido are both going down this arc from different parties, except I believe Luffy, Blackbeard and Shanks will all clash on different ideals. I believe Shanks and Blackbeard are enemies, in fact I viewed they both represent Order/Chaos to a degree, both things Luffy will clash with.

My point is, what I'm trying to say doesn't really harm anything related to Blackbeard, except for the fact that I do not believe his crew will kill the Red Haired Pirates. I've never really subscribed to that idea.

But yes let's just agree to disagree

I will say that I think we still need to wait till the end of the arc to fully judge certain aspects. If you are still wanting things from Usopp or Brook or Chopper or more Jinbe/Franky scenes, etc, then its possible they still happen by virtue of what comes next.

Big Mom's crew IS still a lingering plotline and hasn't been addressed. Not saying they HAVE to show up, but Oda does need to address them.

Will CP-0 catchup to Brook/Robin? Could Franky/Jinbe hold them off? Things like this.
Tbh, not judging the arc. Just the process of reaching the conclusion.

And almost all of the users I have interacted with here agree that Oda includes foolish and unnecessary stuff, but it can be argued that it is his way of telling the story. Personally, I don't like 1) Tama plot 2) Gathering Samurais plot 3) Big Mom 4) Big Mom kids/pirates in Wano 5) Momo getting captured and fake deaths of Kanjuro 6) Wasted chapters in Ringo 7) X-Drake and Queen plot

Just wait until Joy Boy is revealed to be Luffy's ancestor! :steef::steef::steef:
So what about Ace? Why he failed here? I asked here simple questions:
I really don't know If I need to explane basics of what good story is, but apparently I need to to do this.
Let's start with comparison of different stories and how they was build up:
1. Naruto was strongest case he has sealed Nine-fox demon in himself, that destroyed village and it took life of "strongest" fourth kage to just seal him. No one was ever asking question, why Naruto was strong enough to defeate anyone;
2. Bleach, it's a bit different...but Ichigo gained power to defeate Aizen with big pay-off losing his power, plus he gained shinigami+hollow power, which was already explaned as stronger than usual shinigami, so no questions there, and pay-off was huge;
3. Hunter x Hunter - Gon was apreccicated and "seen" by everyone by his potential, so in the end to defeate Pitou he used all his potential, and was nearly dead after that, losed all his nen;
4. Dragon Ball - in that story Goku was never even showed as normal human being, he was from different race, race of strongest, so there was no Big Deal to him became stronger than any other sayajin, case unlike others he learned to only brutal way of life, but learned also to love and care about others, which made him special between his race;
5. My Hero Akademia - Deku received the Power of Strongest...so how he can not be in the end strongest?!
6. Natsu was special from the very begining, he was END and much more, so there is no questions about him;

I can continue that list but thing is that all those shonen characters have power and that power was explaned, unlike One Piece where main theme was " make your dream possible, even if it is impossible". So Luffy was basically compared to others like just a guy with dream, that has no super power inside of him. And even learning COA COC did not made him different from others. But aside of him we have Ace, the Roger's son, who failed in defeating Younko. We have many other pirates whose life was destroyed because they wasn't able defeate a Younko: Doffy, Crocodile, Moria...all of them, and much more people. Because of that fact only there was build whole plot lines, that made em live peaceful life, plotting their revenge like Crocodile. And we talk about people who was adults, not just youngest of them. Ace was young but he failed in his mission. BlackBeard planned whole his life to became stronger then Younko. This is not about power scalling, this is about PLOT of ONE PIECE. Now question is what they lack, that Luffy has? If Oda made just Luffy super power guy who is special, it wouldn't be big deal right here, but it is case Luffy just success in something where everyone failed.
And that is the problem,NO explanation, NO excuse...this is just FAIL. EPIC FAIL.

Nana and Death Note outsold One Piece each for a while during the 2000s.
For a while at the year or ended the year outselling One Piece? That's my point.
Post automatically merged:

One Piece's current output is less than the rest, most mangaka do not get the same breaks like Oda. MHA released 4 volumes last year. OP released 3 and has been for 4 years now
If you want a fair judgment we can argue about sales per volume.

People complain about Fairy Tail but Oda does similar mistakes . Kinemon is the best example
Kishimoto did the best, he separated himself from Boruto and still earns some profit from it :gokulaugh:

This is business, we can all agree. The fan inside me gets agitated, but if I think like a man who needs to pay his assistants and feed his family I won't mind adding a few extra chapters (fillers). So, yeah, whatever, we still enjoy reading and ranting about it.

Kishimoto did the best, he separated himself from Boruto and still earns some profit from it :gokulaugh:

This is business, we can all agree. The fan inside me gets agitated, but if I think like a man who needs to pay his assistants and feed his family I won't mind adding a few extra chapters (fillers). So, yeah, whatever, we still enjoy reading and ranting about it.
You know Kishimoto is the current writer of Boruto right?

Status
Not open for further replies.