What has awakened that the Gorosei are talking about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know that One Piece can ending as GOT series? People talk about it till they see it's ending. SO if ending will be huge dissapoint people will never talk about One Piece only case of few good arcs.
Agree, but to be fair I just so far only connected all the arcs which we see so far without putting the future arcs into it. And the future will tell us if the manga end bad or good.

Considering Oda has planned the ending of OP and has confirmed its always been the same, I doubt this will happen.

Game of Thrones failed because the showrunners did not follow GRRMs notes and rushed to the end of then series. They've even admitted to changing things that the author told them to do.
Well, if next arc will be same as Wano or even worser, what you will say? Why you believe that Next Arc, or even Final Arc will be better then this?
Post automatically merged:

Agree, but to be fair I just so far only connected all the arcs which we see so far without putting the future arcs into it. And the future will tell us if the manga end bad or good.
Wano was hyped by Oda, by editors...and there was no pay-off, so OP ends for me when Wano will come to it's ending. I just want to see that there is nothing left.

That was Anime only. He literally never fought those two

Apoo caught him off guard and Luffy was only KO for a second

And Yamato didn't save him
Luffy that has FS didn't react to Batman's arrow, Zoro did. And also not react to Gazelleman stealing Tama. That is struggling to me.

Apoo got nobody off guard. Stop that bullshit offguard excuse. Luffy is INVADING Onigashima he overkilled that fodder at called attention to him. He took the first attack from Apoo so he is not off guard and he has FS. There is no offguard excuse for someone with FS. And he wasn't KO for a second because Zoro had to carry him and he only wake up to bite that SMILE Wolf guy if I'm correct.

Yamato saved Luffy and carried him.

Well, if next arc will be same as Wano or even worser, what you will say? Why you believe that Next Arc, or even Final Arc will be better then this?
See, here's the problem, I don't think the arc is bad unlike you lmao

And like I've told a 1000 people already, the final arc will involve characters and plotlines that have been setup way before Kaido or Big Mom. One Piece is built on delivering its mysteries towards the end, which we haven't gotten to.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
Luffy that has FS didn't react to Batman's arrow, Zoro did. And also not react to Gazelleman stealing Tama. That is struggling to me.

Apoo got nobody off guard. Stop that bullshit offguard excuse. Luffy is INVADING Onigashima he overkilled that fodder at called attention to him. He took the first attack from Apoo so he is not off guard and he has FS. There is no offguard excuse for someone with FS. And he wasn't KO for a second because Zoro had to carry him and he only wake up to bite that SMILE Wolf guy if I'm correct.

Yamato saved Luffy and carried him.
To be fair, I'm pretty sure FS is not a spidey sense type of ability alongside CoO in general, don't you have to actively use it?

People comparing Enies Lobby to Wano and saying it's the same thing with tension because there's no deaths don't fucking get it.

Enies Lobby had tension because we fucking cared about Robin and getting her out of that shit show of a life she had. Even if Oda didn't kill anybody, there was still tension that Robin could be taken, she was getting closer to the gate all time, one of the hypest scenes is Usopp sniping the bridge from far away when there was no one free to help her.

Now, it's true that i think Oda believes the audience cares about Tama, Momo, The Scabbards and the citizens of Wano because of the ground work he did over 100 chapters. But i'm gonna be honest, i really don't care about them that much, it doesn't even come close to how much i cared about Robin back there.

It's that simple why i was so much more emotionally invested there and not now.

Why should you want Luffy to die?
Personally, I want Luffy to die because it hammers home the things Oda has been saying about the ending and it being bitter sweet.

Luffy has made tons of proclamations to him dying for his dreams, that he would rather die than give up or fail, that he would die just to see things happen or accomplish what he needs to. The series is based on that idea of taking a risk in adventure, going where you want regardless of it meaning death.

But foremost why I want it to happen is precisely because it does drive home that this whole thing just might be the "Legend of Strawhat Luffy". A kid who came into the world, became Pirate King at less than half Roger's age, liberated the world from the Government and Yonko, and finally achieved his secret dream. With him dying, it really puts together everything we've been seeing from Luffy.

There's a lot of talk with Luffy about "revisiting" locations or sailing GL again after he's done, but I honestly don't think it'll happen. Or at least I think it shouldn't happen. A lot of the crew reflect on Luffy based on how he's either saved them or gave gave purpose.

I think with that, and the idea that a living will does exist as a concept in this series, could mean Luffy lives on in his crewmates by the end.

People comparing Enies Lobby to Wano and saying it's the same thing with tension because there's no deaths don't fucking get it.

Enies Lobby had tension because we fucking cared about Robin and getting her out of that shit show of a life she had. Even if Oda didn't kill anybody, there was still tension that Robin could be taken, she was getting closer to the gate all time, one of the hypest scenes is Usopp sniping the bridge from far away when there was no one free to help her.

Now, it's true that i think Oda believes the audience cares about Tama, Momo, The Scabbards and the citizens of Wano because of the ground work he did over 100 chapters. But i'm gonna be honest, i really don't care about them that much, it doesn't even come close to how much i cared about Robin back there.

It's that simple why i was so much more emotionally invested there and not now.
Hi. Well you should have been more emotionally invested in Enies Lobby, because that was the focus of the whole struggle. It was a crew that was falling about. The struggles were more emotional and designed that way. Wano is more comparable to Alabasta. The heros trying to save a country they like and Luffy gets to fight a strong bad guy.

For tension, you ignored the Straw Hats. Oda may want people to care about the Scabbards, Tama, etc, but they aren't the whole focus. Did you care about Dock 1, The Franky Family, Kokuro, Chimney, and Yokozuna in EL?

Luffy was drowning, Zoro had all of his bones broken, Sanji was trapped by a woman, Nami was begging for her life, Usop was helpless, Chopper used a new power up that accomplished nothing, Jinbe was being pushed back, and The Franky Shogun actually took damage.

The Strawhats have not had an easy time. Robin is still being hunted. Big Mom wants Robin. CP0 are in active pursuit. Compare BM and CP0 to Spandem...

Onigashima could blow up for 2 separate reasons and the WG is waiting on the shore. There is tension.

Maybe the difference is that during Ennies Lobby you weren't overanalyzing every chapter with a community online.

I'm a lurker and never post, but I still think conversation is good. But we can't deny that most of us consume current One Piece differently than we did the pre-TS. That doesn't mean criticism isn't valid, but I feel like people rarely acknowledge the difference in the way they read or watched pre vs post TS.

Personally, I want Luffy to die because it hammers home the things Oda has been saying about the ending and it being bitter sweet.

Luffy has made tons of proclamations to him dying for his dreams, that he would rather die than give up or fail, that he would die just to see things happen or accomplish what he needs to. The series is based on that idea of taking a risk in adventure, going where you want regardless of it meaning death.

But foremost why I want it to happen is precisely because it does drive home that this whole thing just might be the "Legend of Strawhat Luffy". A kid who came into the world, became Pirate King at less than half Roger's age, liberated the world from the Government and Yonko, and finally achieved his secret dream. With him dying, it really puts together everything we've been seeing from Luffy.

There's a lot of talk with Luffy about "revisiting" locations or sailing GL again after he's done, but I honestly don't think it'll happen. Or at least I think it shouldn't happen. A lot of the crew reflect on Luffy based on how he's either saved them or gave gave purpose.

I think with that, and the idea that a living will does exist as a concept in this series, could mean Luffy lives on in his crewmates by the end.
I think it will be a little to extreme for a shounen to let the MC die, for a shounen that goes for more of 20 years where people all over the world love Luffy even more so, let alone the fact that after he topple the WG there is literally nothing to stop him, the only way it's a draw VS Imu (if he is the final boss). The thing on the lifespan it's clearly ridiculous, he only lost 10 years, the rest are all headcanon of paranoid fans

I haven't watched it so I can't say for sure
TOEI is kicking Oda's ass as far as Wano is concerned.
Post automatically merged:

pre TS animation is GOAT and post-TS few episodes are great except for pacing........now, wano at parts it is great and at parts it is too much beams and colors....
I don't mind as long as it looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.