What has awakened that the Gorosei are talking about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Using sales as an argument for downplaying One Piece :tchpepe:
Some people will always use sales to push their agendas, it is a bit dumb for some people to use sales as proof that One Piece is suddenly bad or not that great anymore.

However in the past, One Piece fans were trying to use sales as proof that One Piece is the best manga of all time and is better than every other manga.

Demon Slayer and JJK fans are now trying to use sales as proof that their series is the best and is better, and Black Clover haters try to use sales as proof that Black Clover is bad and a terrible manga.

So yeah at the end of the day it's just people using sales to push their agendas.

He ate meat had magic mental powers and went back up 5 mins later

He was Still moving after that
Got stabbed and is fine

Nothing happened

Nothing happened
What resulted afterwards doesn't matter. He sank into the water with nobody there to help. What we know as the reader is that Luffy will be fine. That much is true.
However that doesn't change the fact that there were plenty of moments with tension throughout the arc. Something you guys chose to disregard because you heard it being said somewhere and chose to repeat it. But the truth is you guys have absolutely no clue what moments of tension are. Your just regurgitating what others have claimed with zero evidence. :whitepress:

What resulted afterwards doesn't matter.
Doesn't change the fact that there were plenty of moments with tension throughout the arc. Something you guys chose to disregard because you heard it being said somewhere and chose to repeat it. But the truth is you guys have absolutely no clue what moments of tension are. Your just regurgitating what others have claimed with zero evidence. :whitepress:
The only times I ever felt tension in the arc were in Act 1 back in 923.

Leave it to Oda to write a war where no one dies
:cantseeme:

I think it will be a little to extreme for a shounen to let the MC die, for a shounen that goes for more of 20 years where people all over the world love Luffy even more so, let alone the fact that after he topple the WG there is literally nothing to stop him, the only way it's a draw VS Imu (if he is the final boss). The thing on the lifespan it's clearly ridiculous, he only lost 10 years, the rest are all headcanon of paranoid fans
Not really about him sacrificing lifespan, I just think that he may end up dying.

Just because a fanbase loves a character, does not mean the author is not willing to kill them off. Sure, Ace isn't even in the same realm as Luffy, but Oda had no problems killing Ace to drive the plot.

I just think Luffy actually dying drives home a lot of the themes about the story, but I'm not saying it will at all. I just prefer it that way.

There's plenty of stuff I would change if I could like the million fake deaths, pacing or weird setups to fights and how some seem lacking (Usopp in particular) but I think the biggest factor in how I end up valuing Wano will be the wrap up, like Marineford it's being setup as a landmark moment with all the changes in the world already in place and characters putting focus on the dawn or what comes next after this fight so that's what I'm currently looking forwards to.

Stuff like an additional mystery now with the secret fruit rub me the wrong way but I reserve my full blown outrage until I see where it's all going because I'm expecting the biggest lore drop and narrative setup since stuff like the New World outline in Post Enies Lobby or the current arc setup in Punk Hazard.

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
Yeah, I think that it has been a good arc overall, but it hasn't delivered on the years and years of build up it has had. If the raid doesn't fail then I'll see it as a good arc on the level of Dressrosa, but it could be so much more.
IF the arc has a great ending (which I am certain it will) then it would have been somewhat worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.