Who is the skeleton / Whats the purpose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like 1039 and 1040 will parallel 1009 and 1010 respectively. In 1038, Kid's line about the water and the rock is basically the inversion of the point he made in 1008, where he said that it was as if their attacks did zero damage(with Luffy having faith they were doing damage).

similar to 1009, 1039 will have Big Mom use a massive attack, likely showing her full power. Kid and Law might try to beat her situationally by throwing her off the island but utlimately that would just be anticlimactic and unnecessary as the duo are 1 power up away from beating BM.

While that happens, I feel like Oda will introduce a plot point of Kid and Law's haki getting stronger as they are fighting. Then I think 1040 will be the big haki awakening moment like 1010. The duo will fully awaken ACoA due to their sheer willpower and combined with awakening, will be able to dominate and defeat Linlin.

I think 1038 already foreshadows the haki bloom with Kid and Law showing insane willpower and Law's shock wille doing more damage than it did last time.

That interview literally just says the main characters won't all fly because then the crew wouldn't need a ship. Nothing about flying in general. Also nothing about supernatural elements in general, he just said he's not putting a sorcerer in the story.
Nothing you've presented contradicted what I presented.

You may want to reread the part that states:

That one point is rather supernatural, but everything else is normal.
There is no ambiguity about what 'everything else' is referring to, the series in general. This was understood by the original translator Rika (who is still active today) and I later confirmed myself personally when I read the interview in Japanese for myself.

There's also no point in attempting that angle of argument because in my post, I directly pointed out that this statement has softened over time and changed alongside Oda. What does remain is the notion that where and when possible, Oda attempts to realistically ground many, but not all, ideas in his universe.

Also, you took the liberty of twisting the words of the interview by limiting it to the main crew and their ship. Again, I urge you to reread:

They won't fly! (laugh) Because if they fly, they won't need ships anymore.
So if anyone is misrepresenting Oda's words, it's you. But don't take my word for it:

―作品の中にルールみたいなものってあるんですか?

「空飛ばない(笑)。空飛んじゃうと船必要なくなっちゃうし、何でも出来ちゃうんで。海にこだわってますね。あと、いっぺん読み切りで魔法使いとか出したんですけれど、連載では使いません。とんでもない状況は全部悪魔の実のせい。あの一点だけは不思議なんですけれど、あとはフツー」
When translating, Rika understood that the question refers to the work as a whole and Oda's answer reflects that. If he has characters flying it will cheapen the need for ships and his characters can do anything. He does not mention any specificity of the crew so your understanding is appreciated.

But even this clarification is moot because it's besides that point, I agree that fantastic elements can exist in the story. However, when and where possible, Oda will attempt to ground them like for example your next point.

Also raizo IS doing ninpo just because. Do you think his paralysis jutsu is a devil fruit power and fukurukujo just happens to have an identical power?
Raizo's techniques which many argued were actually 'just because' all had explanations. For months, people argued vehemently against that notion and they were all proven wrong. Same for Onimaru. People literally raged at me over Onimaru, screaming that he was magical and...well...

Now that Raizo's doing something else, the process is once again repeating itself but this remains well within Oda's already established boundaries for hypnosis/power of suggestion in his world as explored via Miss Goldenweek. Power of suggestion/control is a mildly fantastic element but it's one that is grounded within our own world that he has exaggerated and is certainly not 'just because' as you've suggested. In fact, while the explanation may have a power of suggestion explanation, I could also see an outcome where Oda makes it a gag. The sky's the limit for explanations and outcomes, literally anything is possible. But it won't be 'just because'. In truth I don't even know if it will be expanded on in the main story, but it time, it will come out, just like everything else has, supplemental or otherwise.

When pseudoscience doesn't fit and when the story demands it, Oda will include a fantastic element and there's...nothing wrong with that. I'm literally arguing in your favor, and that has always been my understanding.

and taking credit for the souls idea for a podcast a year ago when joyboy has been talking about it for like minimum three years now
To this point, I think I've been polite albeit direct, but how dare you attempt to smear me by saying I 'took credit' for any idea with zero to go on besides your bias.

I have been publicly discussing the importance of souls in One Piece since March 19th, 2016 or like I said in my post (that I urge you to reread without glasses of bias) half a decade. Turns out it's actually over half a decade. I simply brought up that tweet because of how timely it was. And your suggestion of 'minimum' creates a muddled cloud of time that only favors you because you can point to any untangible period you see fit whereas I know precisely the date, that I began publicly discussing the importance of souls in One Piece. I would *never* argue I was the first to do so, I'm sure through the years many have. But prior to Chapter 820 I was never aware of such an idea and the ideas I presented were entirely my own so for you to wildly suggest not only that I stole them, but stole them from a given individual and then wanted to take credit for them, is disgusting.

I think it's very clear that you're splitting hairs for no reason other than to be contrarian because it turns out that I am actually fully against the notion that you mocked me for holding. I'm happy leaving this here to speak for itself, hated or believed. If you do have questions or would like clarifications, I welcome them in the Inbox. Thank you for your time.

If BM is to lose then it's going to be because of things already teased like Midd's assigned magnetic fields lasting longer and trapping BM long enough for Kaido to be defeated, haki asspulls are cool but this ain't a bargain sale.
It would honestly be an asspull for their haki to not level up. These type of extreme diff deathmatch fights are rare in OP, and we know they can cause haki blooms.
Luffy got it multiple times in similar scenarios and so did Zoro

When Kid and Law are giving it 150% and resolving to die just to bring linlin down, I think it only makes sense they get ACoA. Especially since ACoA is so crucial to beating such opponents.
Post automatically merged:

Without ACoA, their win wouldn't make much sense. But I see no reason why oda shouldn't give it to them. Luffy and Zoro already have ACoC, which is a level above even ACoA, so even if the duo gets ACoA, Luffy and Zoro would still have better portrayal.

Gents it's really beautiful what oda is doing with zoro. Let's go through the list pertaining to whom this shinigami is. We can deduce that it is either a hallucination with zoro seeing something that isnt there due to the stress and pain of the drugs setback or its zoro subconsciously seeing the personification of his life force/energy being stripped away. Zoro has always been known to show spirit/demon personifications within his attacks so it's interesting that it's now being presented to him via his life force leaving him due to the effects of the drug.

Now again let's go through the list of whom it can be and why in every single case it's a win for zoro

Brook: if its brook, more than likely brook is using an ability of his via his spirit form to help or encourage zoro to get up. The end result is zoro still managing to get up to accomplish something. The more he fights the strain placed on his body the more his will/haki blooms

Hiyori: if he is seeing hiyori then more than likely she was also the figure the scabbards saw as they were being healed which again implies she will heal him and encourage him to help luffy reminding him of why she entrusted the sword Enma to him. Ending result this sets up zoro getting a haki bloom, getting a black blade, and being only partially healed from the after affects of the drug

Toki : the exact same situation as hiyori with zoro experiencing the same results

Hawkins: if its Hawkins then the after affects from the drug that zoro is experiencing are going to be completely lifted thanks to hawkins potential grim reaper card affect. End result is zoro getting up with the side affects lifted

Sanji: if its sanji trying to attack him so that he can wake up it will be zoro trying to fight his pain subconsciously while being encourage by sanji in the process. With sanji continously reiterating that luffys needs zoro it will force zoro to break his limits thus fighting through the pain which will be him subconsciously defeating the grim reaper. Ending result zoro gets a massive haki bloom and blackness his blade

Ryuma: If the grin reaper is ryuma or he sees ryuma spirit nudging him to get up and defeat this subconscious grim reaper then the ending result is zoro still getting up fighting through the pain and thus getting a haki bloom while also blackening his blade

Kuina: if he subconsciously sees her spirit it will be similar to the ryuma example only difference being that zoro will make wado ichimonji a black blade first ontop of haki bloom

Last edited:
And we see metal contructs dont do shit to Meme in general.
This is headcanon. All that was said was that "Big Mom's body is like an iron balloon", not that she is literally impervious to damage.
Post automatically merged:

If you noticed, Punk gibson did leave a slight bruise on big mom. So its not implausible for much stronger attacks to do damage

Exactly why would oda bring up the whole "shinigami zoro thing" if he wasn't (a) going to have zoro fight through the pain using pure will thus increasing his haki or (b) have zoro be healed? Both situations have zoro placed in getting back up to do something lol
It's kinda of amazing that anyone can reach the conclusion that this will end with anything aside from Zoro looking good. Even if Franky helps him flee, he still looks like WCI Luffy with Sanji... except King didn't cause that much damage himself.

There is no ambiguity about what 'everything else' is referring to, the series in general. This was understood by the original translator Rika (who is still active today) and I later confirmed myself personally when I read the interview in Japanese for myself.

There's also no point in attempting that angle of argument because in my post, I directly pointed out that this statement has softened over time and changed alongside Oda. What does remain is the notion that where and when possible, Oda attempts to realistically ground many, but not all, ideas in his universe.

Also, you took the liberty of twisting the words of the interview by limiting it to the main crew and their ship. Again, I urge you to reread:

So if anyone is misrepresenting Oda's words, it's you. But don't take my word for it:

When translating, Rika understood that the question refers to the work as a whole and Oda's answer reflects that. If he has characters flying it will cheapen the need for ships and his characters can do anything. He does not mention any specificity of the crew so your understanding is appreciated.

But even this clarification is moot because it's besides that point, I agree that fantastic elements can exist in the story. However, when and where possible, Oda will attempt to ground them like for example your next point.

Raizo's techniques which many argued were actually 'just because' all had explanations. For months, people argued vehemently against that notion and they were all proven wrong. Same for Onimaru. People literally raged at me over Onimaru, screaming that he was magical and...well...

Now that Raizo's doing something else, the process is once again repeating itself but this remains well within Oda's already established boundaries for hypnosis/power of suggestion in his world as explored via Miss Goldenweek. Power of suggestion/control is a mildly fantastic element but it's one that is grounded within our own world that he has exaggerated and is certainly not 'just because' as you've suggested. In fact, while the explanation may have a power of suggestion explanation, I could also see an outcome where Oda makes it a gag. The sky's the limit for explanations and outcomes, literally anything is possible. But it won't be 'just because'. In truth I don't even know if it will be expanded on in the main story, but it time, it will come out, just like everything else has, supplemental or otherwise.

When pseudoscience doesn't fit and when the story demands it, Oda will include a fantastic element and there's...nothing wrong with that. I'm literally arguing in your favor, and that has always been my understanding.

To this point, I think I've been polite albeit direct, but how dare you attempt to smear me by saying I 'took credit' for any idea with zero to go on besides your bias.

I have been publicly discussing the importance of souls in One Piece since March 19th, 2016 or like I said in my post (that I urge you to reread without glasses of bias) half a decade. Turns out it's actually over half a decade. I simply brought up that tweet because of how timely it was. And your suggestion of 'minimum' creates a muddled cloud of time that only favors you because you can point to any untangible period you see fit whereas I know precisely the date, that I began publicly discussing the importance of souls in One Piece. I would *never* argue I was the first to do so, I'm sure through the years many have. But prior to Chapter 820 I was never aware of such an idea and the ideas I presented were entirely my own so for you to wildly suggest not only that I stole them, but stole them from a given individual and then wanted to take credit for them, is disgusting.

I think it's very clear that you're splitting hairs for no reason other than to be contrarian because it turns out that I am actually fully against the notion that you mocked me for holding. I'm happy leaving this here to speak for itself, hated or believed. If you do have questions or would like clarifications, I welcome them in the Inbox. Thank you for your time.
Damn dude, you're crazy

If linlin falls in 1040, Kaido could very well be defeated by 1045, which I believe is what some leakers speculated
I don't believe Big Mom will be defeated before Kaido, Oda is bias towards Luffy and I have a feeling that he wants Luffy to defeat a Yonko first and not Kid and Law.

Look at how he handled Luffy vs Kaido in the previous chapter and how he handled Kid and Law vs Big Mom in this chapter, a majority of the previous chapter was focused on Luffy vs Kaido meanwhile Kid and Law vs Big Mom in this chapter was only focused towards the end and the fight itself was very underwhelming compared to the Luffy and Kaido fight in the previous chapter which was way better.

you literally are trying to take credit for the idea. youre doing it in this post while pretending its not what youre doing. "i can also see oda just make it a gag" gtfo the ultimate excuse for people who are full of shit. oh it doesnt fit my headcanon? gag! did you forget the straw hats have had more than one ship?

I don't believe Big Mom will be defeated before Kaido, Oda is bias towards Luffy and I have a feeling that he wants Luffy to defeat a Yonko first and not Kid and Law.

Look at how he handled Luffy vs Kaido in the previous chapter and how he handled Kid and Law vs Big Mom in this chapter, a majority of the previous chapter was focused on Luffy vs Kaido meanwhile Kid and Law vs Big Mom in this chapter was only focused towards the end and the fight itself was very underwhelming compared to the Luffy and Kaido fight in the previous chapter which was way better.
There is 0 chance BM goes down after Kaido.

Status
Not open for further replies.