Who is the skeleton / Whats the purpose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If linlin falls in 1040, Kaido could very well be defeated by 1045, which I believe is what some leakers speculated
Eh, still too soon imo. Like id be inclined to agree if there weren't so many extraneous plotlines left to finish up. Sure, BM might go down in a chapter or 2 (or fucking 10 lol who knows), but Luffy's fights always are the last major thing accomplished. We don't even know:

- what's happening with Zunisha
- Orochi/Hiyori
- Fukurokuju/Raizo
- Kazenbo/Yamato
- Denjiro
- CP-0
- Apoo
- Momo/Onigashima
- Zoro/Shinigami
Etc

Just way too much to still cap off, not including the scenes he constantly draws with the crew doing things (like Jinbe/Chopper this chapter).

Frankly. I think Kaido isn't going down till the 1050s, maybe the 1060s if he drags this out. I'm not even confident BMs fight will be entirely focused on for 1-3 straight chapters. It might be dragged out on its own for 5/8/10 chapters too with other scenes around

Last edited:
Eh, still too soon imo. Like id be inclined to agree if there weren't so many extraneous plotlines left to finish up. Sure, BM might go down in a chapter or 2 (or fucking 10 lol who knows), but Luffy's fights always are the last major thing accomplished. We don't even know:

- Orochi/Hiyori
- Fukurokuju/Raizo
- Kazenbo/Yamato
- Denjiro
- CP-0
- Apoo
- Momo/Onigashima
- Zoro/Shinigami
Etc

Just way too much to still cap off, not including the scenes he constantly draws with the crew doing things (like Jinbe/Chopper this chapter).

Frankly. I think Kaido isn't going down till the 1050s, maybe the 1060s if he drags this out. I'm not even confident BMs fight will be entirely focused on for 1-3 straight chapters. It might be dragged out on its own for 5/8/10 chapters too with other scenes around
+Kaido Backstory didn't even Arrived yet

Nothing you've presented contradicted what I presented.

You may want to reread the part that states:

There is no ambiguity about what 'everything else' is referring to, the series in general. This was understood by the original translator Rika (who is still active today) and I later confirmed myself personally when I read the interview in Japanese for myself.

There's also no point in attempting that angle of argument because in my post, I directly pointed out that this statement has softened over time and changed alongside Oda. What does remain is the notion that where and when possible, Oda attempts to realistically ground many, but not all, ideas in his universe.

Also, you took the liberty of twisting the words of the interview by limiting it to the main crew and their ship. Again, I urge you to reread:

So if anyone is misrepresenting Oda's words, it's you. But don't take my word for it:

When translating, Rika understood that the question refers to the work as a whole and Oda's answer reflects that. If he has characters flying it will cheapen the need for ships and his characters can do anything. He does not mention any specificity of the crew so your understanding is appreciated.

But even this clarification is moot because it's besides that point, I agree that fantastic elements can exist in the story. However, when and where possible, Oda will attempt to ground them like for example your next point.

Raizo's techniques which many argued were actually 'just because' all had explanations. For months, people argued vehemently against that notion and they were all proven wrong. Same for Onimaru. People literally raged at me over Onimaru, screaming that he was magical and...well...

Now that Raizo's doing something else, the process is once again repeating itself but this remains well within Oda's already established boundaries for hypnosis/power of suggestion in his world as explored via Miss Goldenweek. Power of suggestion/control is a mildly fantastic element but it's one that is grounded within our own world that he has exaggerated and is certainly not 'just because' as you've suggested. In fact, while the explanation may have a power of suggestion explanation, I could also see an outcome where Oda makes it a gag. The sky's the limit for explanations and outcomes, literally anything is possible. But it won't be 'just because'. In truth I don't even know if it will be expanded on in the main story, but it time, it will come out, just like everything else has, supplemental or otherwise.

When pseudoscience doesn't fit and when the story demands it, Oda will include a fantastic element and there's...nothing wrong with that. I'm literally arguing in your favor, and that has always been my understanding.

To this point, I think I've been polite albeit direct, but how dare you attempt to smear me by saying I 'took credit' for any idea with zero to go on besides your bias.

I have been publicly discussing the importance of souls in One Piece since March 19th, 2016 or like I said in my post (that I urge you to reread without glasses of bias) half a decade. Turns out it's actually over half a decade. I simply brought up that tweet because of how timely it was. And your suggestion of 'minimum' creates a muddled cloud of time that only favors you because you can point to any untangible period you see fit whereas I know precisely the date, that I began publicly discussing the importance of souls in One Piece. I would *never* argue I was the first to do so, I'm sure through the years many have. But prior to Chapter 820 I was never aware of such an idea and the ideas I presented were entirely my own so for you to wildly suggest not only that I stole them, but stole them from a given individual and then wanted to take credit for them, is disgusting.

I think it's very clear that you're splitting hairs for no reason other than to be contrarian because it turns out that I am actually fully against the notion that you mocked me for holding. I'm happy leaving this here to speak for itself, hated or believed. If you do have questions or would like clarifications, I welcome them in the Inbox. Thank you for your time.
Wow you are so serious in arguments...and about Raizou's skills of all things...

There is 0 chance BM goes down after Kaido.
And like I said before I don't believe Oda will have Kid and Law defeat a Yonko first before Luffy.

Oda having Kid and Law defeat a Yonko before Luffy, will take away Luffy's big moment of being the one to defeat a Yonko first.

Seriously look at how he handled Luffy's fight with Kaido in the previous chapter and how he handled Kid and Law's fight with Big Mom in this chapter, Oda is more bias toward Luffy than he is with Kid and Law which is again why I don't believe he's going to have those two defeat a Yonko before Luffy.

You have all this buildup throughout the New World/Post Timeskip with the Yonko's and Luffy challenging them, Oda imo is definitely setting up Luffy to be the one to defeat a Yonko first not Kid and Law.

If I'm wrong then I guess Oda is super bias towards Luffy like I originally thought.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
And like I said before I don't believe Oda will have Kid and Law defeat a Yonko first before Luffy.

Oda having Kid and Law defeat a Yonko before Luffy, will take away Luffy's big moment of being the one to defeat a Yonko first.

Seriously look at how he handled Luffy's fight with Kaido in the previous chapter and how he handled Kid and Law's fight with Big Mom in this chapter, Oda is more bias toward Luffy than he is with Kid and Law which is again why I don't believe he's going to have those two defeat a Yonko before Luffy.

You have all this buildup throughout the New World/Post Timeskip with the Yonko's and Luffy challenging them, Oda imo is definitely setting up Luffy to be the one to defeat a Yonko first not Kid and Law.

If I'm wrong then I guess Oda is super bias towards Luffy like I originally thought.
I don't think the order matters as long as Luffy gets to beat a Yonko in a one-on-one.

Why does it matter when Kid and Law are getting a lesser feat by 2v1ing a weaker yonko?

Luffy also already got a major haki power up against kaido, however we're yet to see anything like that for Kid and Law, despite the sheer difficulty of the fight being more than enough to justify a haki bloom.

If the duo gets ACoA like I theorized, then big mom will easily fall before kaido.

Why does it matter when Kid and Law are getting a lesser feat by 2v1ing a weaker yonko?
It does matter, as the first Yonko losing to the protagonist is a pivotal moment in the story. Even if Law and Kid are secondary protagonists, they are protagonists none the less. Oda has built this moment up for over 20 years. To have another Yonko fall to two of his rivals, right before Luffy takes down his first Yonko, would be very uncharacteristic of Oda, especially since he built up such an antagonistic relationship between Big Mom and Luffy, just one arc prior, over the course of almost 90 chapters.

I’ll try this civil approach thing for a while but ngl if it gets too annoying I’ll revert back to classic Kaios
Post automatically merged:

I go too damn hard to be completely civil

It does matter, as the first Yonko losing to the protagonist is a pivotal moment in the story. Even if Law and Kid are secondary protagonists, they are protagonists none the less. Oda has built this moment up for over 20 years. To have another Yonko fall to two of his rivals, right before Luffy takes down his first Yonko, would be very uncharacteristic of Oda, especially since he built up such an antagonistic relationship between Big Mom and Luffy, just one arc prior, over the course of almost 90 chapters.

Yep! Glad to see that someone gets it.:kata:

It does matter, as the first Yonko losing to the protagonist is a pivotal moment in the story. Even if Law and Kid are secondary protagonists, they are protagonists none the less. Oda has built this moment up for over 20 years. To have another Yonko fall to two of his rivals, right before Luffy takes down his first Yonko, would be very uncharacteristic of Oda,
So basically, Luffy is so important that Kid and Law can't even enjoy the significantly lesser feat of 2v1ing the weaker yonko because that would undermine Luffy? They're called his rivals for a reason. They get to have feats that are somewhat comparable.

especially since he built up such an antagonistic relationship between Big Mom and Luffy, just one arc prior, over the course of almost 90 chapters.
Oda doesn't care about this. Luffy is already 1v1ing a stronger opponent. Linlin will never be a threat to Luffy again.

Don't

- Orochi/Hiyori
- Fukurokuju/Raizo
- Kazenbo/Yamato
- Denjiro
- CP-0
- Apoo
- Momo/Onigashima
- Zoro/Shinigami
Etc

Underestimate power of oda if he want he can end half of these plotlines in a single chapter

So basically, Luffy is so important that Kid and Law can't even enjoy the significantly lesser feat of 2v1ing the weaker yonko because that would undermine Luffy? They're called his rivals for a reason. They get to have feats that are somewhat comparable.
What's even the point of having the timeskip training if a Yonko could just be taken down by a teamup of two people who spent 2 years in the New World?

Oda doesn't care about this. Luffy is already 1v1ing a stronger opponent. Linlin will never be a threat to Luffy again.
What do you mean lesser feat? Big Mom is a Yonko. She rules 1/4 of the New World, and she is one of the strongest characters in the entire World, that Kaido himself acknowledges that a serious fight against would be to the death. Her losing, would have just as a monumental impact on the entirety of the One Piece World, as Kaido losing. On what planet should she be considered a "lesser feat", of being defeated?

What do you mean Oda doesn't care about stuff like that? Name me one character Oda has built up as a antagonist to Luffy, that he handed off to someone else to lose to. Law couldn't even get the W against Doflamingo, when he had way more of a build up and reason to be the one to take him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.