Did Kanjuro Kill Big Mom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
People are getting confused with the order of the events here

Big Mom is already having her flashback crying about how she wants to know what the One Piece is even before the explosion happens

This indicates she had accepted her loss to Kid/Law anyway

The explosion isn't here to defeat her, it's either here to here to kill her or turn her into O-Lin
Post automatically merged:

Preskip cp9 had 6/7 of these things :giogio:
You really think Oda kills off a character, let alone Linlin.

Lmfao, when will people ever learn.

This is OP, not AoT. It's not even Demon Slayer in that regard.

The borderline non-conclusion of this fight and the obvious return of Big Mom in future arcs, paired up with the absolutely terrible handling of her as a character in Wano has me seriously questioning Oda's competency as a writer.

Like straight up, if you remove Big Mom from this arc, not only does nothing change, it probably becomes better.

Like don't get me wrong, if Law and Kidd had won with the attack at the end of last week it would have been very questionable/inconsistent, but in all honesty, I think the implications of what we're getting this week for the rest of the story is even worse.
Big Mom from the get go was portrayed chaotic.. As a character in the story all her decisions are understandable. The problem the community has with her is not within the boundaries of wether she’s inconsistent or not. It’s in how did she become an emperor in the first place with such little intellectual skills. With her being an inconsistent character I cannot agree. With her being too dumb, to that I can agree.

So once again Oda found a way to take BM out of the picture for a while without an actually decisive battle outcome (yes, Kidd/Law won in a way, but not by actually knocking her out in a classic battle).

With that it's also clear that this raid is not failing, since only Kaido vs Luffy is left + the neverending Fukurukujo vs Raizo gag.

Hype chapter for sure, but can't help being really disappointed by Oda's writing. Same old blueprints (be it Linlin or the arc structure) once again. It gets really boring.
There are now only few Plot lines left. Thats good

Big Mom from the get go was portrayed chaotic.. As a character in the story all her decisions are understandable. The problem the community has with her is not within the boundaries of wether she’s inconsistent or not. It’s in how did she become an emperor in the first place with such little intellectual skills. With her being an inconsistent character I cannot agree. With her being too dumb, to that I can agree.
And that’s where you fail to comprehend.

BM’s dumb moments are all just power level dumb shit exaggerated by PL rats.

In verse she’s a businesswoman, runs an entire country, makes political alliances, runs the best intel network, invests in scientific research, uses her DF in a variety of creative ways.

She’s def slow but far far from dumb.

If someone like Luffy can become the Pirate King then there is no reason why Big Mom shouldn't be a Yonko. Same for many of the marines and World Government officials.

What was the Yamato plotline for?

:choppawhat:

Off the top of my head I can think of is introduction of remaining numbers and all those events with CP0, XDrake and Appo. But all these events didn’t help Yamato’s character in any way, did it? I mean it’s not a bad thing. I am just trying to understand if there’s more to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.