What's the gorosei shitting themselves about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It´s likely at this point, especially with the Who´s who plot point, but kind of do not want to believe Oda could be that stupid, essentially doing the same mistake Kishi did with Naruto.
What mistake? Men's Dreams. Inherited Will. The Man who Roger has been waiting for. Someone who will come along and spark a War that will turn the World upside Down... Etc... Etc...

There is no surprise here. We knew it was coming for years.

B

Ballel

What sort of penance is that??? He killed and enslaved the ppl of Wano. He has to die according to Kin and the ppl of Wano
Lolda writing style:kayneshrug:

I hate it too. And I generally HATE so damn much that it seems so easy to redeem profoundly evil, twisted individuals such as Kaido, Big Mom, Crocodile etc.
They cause so much suffering, they commit mass murder, genocide, the only reason Oda doesn't show them rape people is because he is writing for children.
Yet for some reason all this is forgotten and forgiven when they "change their ways" "turn good" or anything that involves their "tRaGiC pAsT", because a sad backstory apparently serves as an excuse for their entire wretched behavior.

It´s likely at this point, especially with the Who´s who plot point, but kind of do not want to believe Oda could be that stupid, essentially doing the same mistake Kishi did with Naruto.
Whilst still obviously trash, it is admittedly kinda different from Naruto in that OP never tried to pretend Luffy was some talentless underdog. And Luffy being destined for something has always been a known fact.

He made luffy split the sky in 5 min
Acoc and acoa in days
Fs in a day
He doesnt care
Next thing is the awakening gorosei are afraid
All that shit is too fast, granted, but i don´t have a problem with it on a basic lvl, since both Zori and Luffy trained with literal top tiers, so it´s logical that they would be prepared for the next step (and we see Rayleigh prepare him for it).
But they earned that training because of who they are and their determination, it´s ok.
The Gomu Gomu being the uber fruit even the Gorosei shit themselves over, a whole different story.
It´s no different than Naruto supposedly representing hard work over talent (Sasuke), but having a magical beast inside him that bails him out whenever he is about to lose.

So Luffy is potentially:
- Job Boy.
- humanity's hope or whatever according to Imu and the Gorosei.
- some kind of Wano diety according to Hyogoro.
- ate a legendary devil fruit.
- is Sun god Nika.

am I missing something here?

not only that he has two dreams after all , a worthy death like Roger, Oden and WB , so if Luffy kills him he will get that,so Luffy will not fulfill that for him, the other dream is being Joyboy and Luffy is Joyboy after all, so indirectly he takes his another dream too.
to be honest if he dies , it will be only by taking his own life since his dream were crushed.
but we already know per kaidos introduction that he can not kill himself lol

B

Ballel

My alternate theory: Luffy gonna do what Kaido is trying to do the pirates he defeated...Luffy is gonna break Kaido will...that's how he is going to defeat Kaido...Kaido will lose because his will will be broken in the hands of Luffy not because Luffy punch is strong.....now the main question is how that is going to happen?...that is where Oda and his writng skills come...it can be bad or it can be good.....just my cents....
Would be good if Oda had balls.
But it will turn into something like Luffy 'breaking his will' by making him realize that Kaido's not Joyboy.
Then Kaido's ambition is broken, but he has found the new Joyboy in Luffy and gladly accepts his new king.

Whilst still obviously trash, it is admittedly kinda different from Naruto in that OP never tried to pretend Luffy was some talentless underdog. And Luffy being destined for something has always been a known fact.
Odas point always has been, everyone can reach their dreams if they are determined enough.
The destiny stuff never interfered with Luffy having a ridiculous ability, being goofy, yet having an unbending will against showy opponents.
It was never about Luffy getting there because of the fruit, heck most people would say it´s a weakness, and at least for me, i never doubted Luffy could achieve what he has even without the fruit due to his determination, he would find a different way (like Garp for example).

Now with CoC and Gomu being uber, that impression is meaningless.

I don't think anyone ever thought of Luffy being a talentless underdog, he always had great genes and had connections with important people. But there's a huge gap between being some dude with talent in fightin and being THE chosen one with god tier devil fruit. 10 years ago you made a theory about Gomu Gomu being special, OP fans would laugh at you, saying Oda is "above that.

Status
Not open for further replies.