Rate this chapter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

I'm a bit worried for his health cause I expected him to take more breaks in 2022 actually:josad:
I would agree but only if he cuts down as much random nonsense out of the chapters too especially. I've argued for him going monthly for years and only focusing on what truly matters in the chapters and not having such an obsession with timings and chapter numbers too.

Oda is too much of a workaholic though by far. I think he only takes these once a month breaks or whatever because he was forced to by being hospitalised at least twice now?

He should really realise from Miura's situation and his own as well as some other mangaka who have and do suffer that he needs to slow down, especially at his age but he keeps bloating the series out and dragging it too long too.

But then again we should be on 85-90% of the series done by now if I remember right, I think it was said we were 80-85% done at the beginning of Wano but I may be wrong lol. I heard it ages ago ofc.

Oh here we go, it was said to be 80% done at 912 chapters so maybe 85-90% done post Wano then especially hopefully?

https://hypebeast.com/2018/7/one-piece-manga-80-percent-finished

Now please excuse me whilst I put my armour on in preparation to Oda/OP fanboys coming after me again:

:catpole::catblush::catsweat::catsure:

Also just noticed this btw, holy fuck!

Back in 2016, Oda said that One Piece was around 65 percent finished despite saying the manga was 60 percent done in 2012.

:chopoff::usoprice:

I would agree but only if he cuts down as much random nonsense out of the chapters too especially. I've argued for him going monthly for years and only focusing on what truly matters in the chapters and not having such an obsession with timings and chapter numbers too.

Oda is too much of a workaholic though by far. I think he only takes these once a month breaks or whatever because he was forced to by being hospitalised at least twice now?

He should really realise from Miura's situation and his own as well as some other mangaka who have and do suffer that he needs to slow down, especially at his age but he keeps bloating the series out and dragging it too long too.

But then again we should be on 85-90% of the series done by now if I remember right, I think it was said we were 80-85% done at the beginning of Wano but I may be wrong lol. I heard it ages ago ofc.

Oh here we go, it was said to be 80% done at 912 chapters so maybe 85-90% done post Wano then especially hopefully?

Now please excuse me whilst I put my armour on in preparation to Oda/OP fanboys coming after me again:

Back in 2016, Oda said that One Piece was around 65 percent finished despite saying the manga was 60 percent done in 2012.

Nah you're right
Obviously the manga industry is first to blame for reducing its authors in these conditions but Oda's situation is even in small part his fault too

G

Gorosei Informer

Nah you're right
Obviously the manga industry is first to blame for reducing its authors in these conditions but Oda's situation is even in small part his fault too
Yeah absolutely, they overwork their employers and it ends up causing them severe health problems and even fatal for ones like Miura ultimately, although he was FAR from doing weekly manga anymore ofc. But it can still do long term and even permanent damage that will fuck up your life in the future as you get older especially ofc. I'm learning that the hard way from overworking so hard at former jobs where I've injured my back especially, but also my arms and legs somewhat. And especially my mind and heart (figuratively/emotionally) lol. That level of stress is a literal killer and damages your brain too, even permanently potentially.

There is the extreme all round Japanese work ethic culture ofc and thus that contributes here too, but Oda also does insist on doing everything in OP by himself as much as possible, including the backgrounds and thus extremely detailed backgrounds of Wano's capital by himself too. I think this is one of the reasons why Wano is so desolate aside from the capital itself, not just for narrative reasons ofc, but to put a LOT less strain on Oda on what needs to be drawn and thus can just be focused on one location.

I really want to see Oda see his life long work to the end on preferably natural terms, to not be rushed or worst of all, to never be able to finish it like what happened with Miura. That's why I get frustrated and stressed that One Piece keeps taking so long and dragging out, its like tempting fate and death themselves. Being too greedy will have consequences after all, both in short and long term and even ultimately ofc.

There's also the fact I don't want to miss out on the ending of OP too, I want to be alive for it and the longer it takes, the more likely that may not happen for me either so I also have my own selfish reasons too ofc haha.

I kinda wish we knew what the OP was, had dealt with Laugh Tale and taken the story in a new direction with Xebec, Rocks Pirates, Imu, Void Century, Joyboy and such AFTER that where there is SO MUCH to see and talk about there anyway and would have refreshed the story and given us a whole new adventure and mysteries to go on easily ofc.

I know this Oda's extremely crucially/carefully planned masterpiece that has been in the works for over half his lifetime but I don't want to have to keep following this for so many more years and constantly worrying about whether I will be around still to see it actually end or worse, Oda may not be around to finish his story himself if he carries on like this.

I imagine the weekly breaks are happening but he's getting increasingly closer to 50 and thus old age, he really needs to slow down even more, especially as he's still doing weekly. I fear he probably feels burdened like Atlas does, some of the comments he has made before and the immense expectations put upon him by almost the entire fanbase, even country of Japan itself worshipping him and making him into a cult and God pretty much, making his series to be like a religion and him reigning at the top for YEARS, even over a decade at least maybe and even outselling the entire history of Batman comics at least and apparently the Bible too!

Oda is probably the closest I can imagine to feeling like he is Atlas as a creative worker in the world. I cannot imagine the immense burdens/expectations he has on his shoulders, not truly. I can sort of try to imagine it but I bet he must feel so overwhelmed in a way he can only truly know and understand too ofc.

And some of that is his own fault indeed too as you said.

Yeah absolutely, they overwork their employers and it ends up causing them severe health problems and even fatal for ones like Miura ultimately, although he was FAR from doing weekly manga anymore ofc. But it can still do long term and even permanent damage that will fuck up your life in the future as you get older especially ofc. I'm learning that the hard way from overworking so hard at former jobs where I've injured my back especially, but also my arms and legs somewhat. And especially my mind and heart (figuratively/emotionally) lol. That level of stress is a literal killer and damages your brain too, even permanently potentially.

There is the extreme all round Japanese work ethic culture ofc and thus that contributes here too, but Oda also does insist on doing everything in OP by himself as much as possible, including the backgrounds and thus extremely detailed backgrounds of Wano's capital by himself too. I think this is one of the reasons why Wano is so desolate aside from the capital itself, not just for narrative reasons ofc, but to put a LOT less strain on Oda on what needs to be drawn and thus can just be focused on one location.

I really want to see Oda see his life long work to the end on preferably natural terms, to not be rushed or worst of all, to never be able to finish it like what happened with Miura. That's why I get frustrated and stressed that One Piece keeps taking so long and dragging out, its like tempting fate and death themselves. Being too greedy will have consequences after all, both in short and long term and even ultimately ofc.

There's also the fact I don't want to miss out on the ending of OP too, I want to be alive for it and the longer it takes, the more likely that may not happen for me either so I also have my own selfish reasons too ofc haha.

I kinda wish we knew what the OP was, had dealt with Laugh Tale and taken the story in a new direction with Xebec, Rocks Pirates, Imu, Void Century, Joyboy and such AFTER that where there is SO MUCH to see and talk about there anyway and would have refreshed the story and given us a whole new adventure and mysteries to go on easily ofc.

I know this Oda's extremely crucially/carefully planned masterpiece that has been in the works for over half his lifetime but I don't want to have to keep following this for so many more years and constantly worrying about whether I will be around still to see it actually end or worse, Oda may not be around to finish his story himself if he carries on like this.

I imagine the weekly breaks are happening but he's getting increasingly closer to 50 and thus old age, he really needs to slow down even more, especially as he's still doing weekly. I fear he probably feels burdened like Atlas does, some of the comments he has made before and the immense expectations put upon him by almost the entire fanbase, even country of Japan itself worshipping him and making him into a cult and God pretty much, making his series to be like a religion and him reigning at the top for YEARS, even over a decade at least maybe and even outselling the entire history of Batman comics at least and apparently the Bible too!

Oda is probably the closest I can imagine to feeling like he is Atlas as a creative worker in the world. I cannot imagine the immense burdens/expectations he has on his shoulders, not truly. I can sort of try to imagine it but I bet he must feel so overwhelmed in a way he can only truly know and understand too ofc.

And some of that is his own fault indeed too as you said.
Yup
Nothing encapsulates the situation better more than the "Just 5 years left bro" meme from Oda in 2020 and Oda saying "Wait, Wano isn't finished yet?" for Jump Festa 2021. Same shit happened with WCI where he admitted it took too long

Last edited:

Lord Goda is putting his own life at risk and some people still think he is only interested in being famous or making money when they don't realize how many sacrifices he needs to go through in his life and therefore how shitty the quality of the life is objectively from the physical standpoint :josad:

G

Gorosei Informer

Yup
Nothing encapsulates the situation better more than the "Just 5 years left bro" meme from Oda in 2020 and Oda saying "Wait, Wano isn't finished yet?" for Jump Festa 2021. Same shit happened with WCI where he admitted it took too long
Yeah, I remember also he said he regretted what happened with Dressrosa too and vowed to not repeat it again lmfao. That 5 years left thing is really a meme, never seen such extreme moving of goalposts before. Luffy awakened his DF and stretched the length of the story itself lmfao. Thats why Toei drags out the anime so much too.

Lord Goda is putting his own life at risk and some people still think he is only interested in being famous or making money when they don't realize how many sacrifices he needs to go through in his life and therefore how shitty the quality of the life is objectively from the physical standpoint :josad:
Yeah he does work extremely hard, too much for his own good especially and he's sacrificing a LOT, in fact too much once again imo. Things he cannot get back or replace for the sake of telling a story and entertaining us. I fear he is going to really regret it in future, despite how successful OP is and will be ultimately.

Yeah, I remember also he said he regretted what happened with Dressrosa too and vowed to not repeat it again lmfao. That 5 years left thing is really a meme, never seen such extreme moving of goalposts before. Luffy awakened his DF and stretched the length of the story itself lmfao. Thats why Toei drags out the anime so much too.

Yeah he does work extremely hard, too much for his own good especially and he's sacrificing a LOT, in fact too much once again imo. Things he cannot get back or replace for the sake of telling a story and entertaining us. I fear he is going to really regret it in future, despite how successful OP is and will be ultimately.
Maybe Oda san wishes his work to be over by the time it turns 30

I think he wanted to do Green Bit + DR as two separate arcs which would've ironically helped tremendously the pacing. Imagine a DR with no Tontatta or Caesar, that'd probably make DR be around 75 chapters which would've been a fine length for Alabasta 2.0 instead of 100 fucking chapters

B

Ballel

I think he wanted to do Green Bit + DR as two separate arcs which would've ironically helped tremendously the pacing. Imagine a DR with no Tontatta or Caesar, that'd probably make DR be around 75 chapters which would've been a fine length for Alabasta 2.0 instead of 100 fucking chapters
He Tried to combine two arcs and ended up making one monster-length arc instead. Was kinda counter-productive'.

Status
Not open for further replies.