Who will defeat Kaido?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
redon on Pirate King forums:

the Popeye comparisons is a good one, because one of the things that "awakening" gives Luffy's fruit is "freedom". And that "freedom" allows Luffy to fight as he wants, and in this case (for now) it's to fight as if he were a cartoon, with all sorts of crazy things.

And as you can see, that doesn't only affect him, it also affects the enemy (that's why Kaidou in one image also looks like someone out of Looney Tunes or something).
WHAT THE FUCK

Are oda's balls that far down your throat?

How about CAPTURE HIM SO YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TABS ON THE FRUIT
If Oda explain the retcon properly, it'll make sense imo. If i try putting myself in Oda's shoes and respect World Government having enough power:

---

- WG tried to erase that fruit from history by changing his name in fruit database. WG didnt want the world knowing since one news will lead to another, forming a rebel army against them

- WG just tried to keep track on whoever eating that fruit

- WG just being informed that Luffy's fruit is Gomu2 since Enies Lobby (start of Cp0 relevance)

- WG kept track on Luffy, but didnt think anything since the fruit itself didnt even awaken in 800 years, meaning pre-TS they didnt worry about Luffy awakening it since Luffy's powerlevel was nothing special, meaning he cant utilize that fruit either, so he was just like everyone in the span of 800 years. Not worthy of the excalibur. Afterall, Akainu severely injured him. No worries for WG, they just needed to keep track.

- Now, WG is worried now. Since Luffy emerged post-TS, and finally showed worthy powerlevel to compete with WSC, making the island the most dangerous place on the planet. In a world-class battle, Luffy showed his worth, meaning he may develop into an enough threat for Kaidou and thus also a threat to World Government, and more importantly he may awaken in the battle against WSC. But it's a step too late.

---

If Oda address these premises n a chapter or two, while switching back and forth between Gorosei's conversation about this and Luffy vs Kaidou battle, it can at least be an okay retcon imo.

Shanks literally saved luffy before everyone in marine ford though.....
Though Shanks the snitch might come out to be true.. :myman:
Maybe, I would like it if shanks is antagonistic to luffy
Yeah I'm aware I'm currently discussing the implication of the spoilers
Maybe more like shanks make the gorosei aware but due to wano having bigmom + kaido they are a bit hesitant, only when zunesha shows himself the gorosei had no other choice but to interfere.

Just 1 more problem, we dont know the connection of those with imu and the giant strawhat

:eeke:

Oda completely contradicts himself with the concept of "freedom". Gomu Gomu no Mi is a Legendary Fruit that "avoided" the World Government for 800 years and it ended up in the possession of a kid who resembles people of the previous eras that happened to not be chosen by fate ( I'm talking about Roger and Joyboy here ).

Luffy is free as a person but his fate was sealed a long time ago.
A legendary fruit, which is low tier unless you master it, doesn't take away from Luffy's accomplishments. Many people had the fruit before Luffy but he was the first person in 800 years to awaken it.

Also yes, there is contradiction in the fate vs destiny thing, but i'm waiting to see how Oda tackles it. For instance, what will Luffy's response be when he finds out that he is destined to be the world savior when he himself doesn't want to be a hero. It will be interesting for sure.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
From Redon in PirateKing

"Luffy doing exactly like this to Kaido in the chapter
(But without pulling his whisker/moustache)"

ODA YOU ABSOLUTE FUCKING SLUT, I WAS JOKING ABOUT THIS SHIT!!!
The only funny part about this is just how little respect Oda has for his audience, I am truly stunned to see fucking Tom and Jerry stars around a God damn Yonko’s head…if Luffy hits him with the Batman sound effects in chapter 1045, I’ll post a video of me dipping my balls into scalding hot water, I genuinely believe that would hurt less than this.
:pepestop::luffyswat:

redon on Pirate King forums:

the Popeye comparisons is a good one, because one of the things that "awakening" gives Luffy's fruit is "freedom". And that "freedom" allows Luffy to fight as he wants, and in this case (for now) it's to fight as if he were a cartoon, with all sorts of crazy things.

And as you can see, that doesn't only affect him, it also affects the enemy (that's why Kaidou in one image also looks like someone out of Looney Tunes or something).
Part of the text of what says Gorousei in the chapter, thanks to redon from Arlong Park Forums.

Gorousei: "The awakening of that fruit will give the rubber body even more “strength” and “freedom”.
It is said that, it is the most... ridiculous power in the world!!"
What the shit :pepestop:
Wait so does this mean there's still an actual Rubber Fruit somewhere down the line?
Maybe Rocks ate it thinking it was the actual Nika fruit but in reality it's just rubber :pepeshit:

If Oda explain the retcon properly, it'll make sense imo. If i try putting myself in Oda's shoes and respect World Government having enough power:

---

- WG tried to erase that fruit from history by changing his name in fruit database. WG didnt want the world knowing since one news will lead to another, forming a rebel army against them

- WG just tried to keep track on whoever eating that fruit

- WG just being informed that Luffy's fruit is Gomu2 since Enies Lobby (start of Cp0 relevance)

- WG kept track on Luffy, but didnt think anything since the fruit itself didnt even awaken in 800 years, meaning pre-TS they didnt worry about Luffy awakening it since Luffy's powerlevel was nothing special, meaning he cant utilize that fruit either, so he was just like everyone in the span of 800 years. Not worthy of the excalibur. Afterall, Akainu severely injured him. No worries for WG, they just needed to keep track.

- Now, WG is worried now. Since Luffy emerged post-TS, and finally showed worthy powerlevel to compete with WSC, making the island the most dangerous place on the planet. In a world-class battle, Luffy showed his worth, meaning he may develop into an enough threat for Kaidou and thus also a threat to World Government, and more importantly he may awaken in the battle against WSC. But it's a step too late.

---

If Oda address these premises n a chapter or two, while switching back and forth between Gorosei's conversation about this and Luffy vs Kaidou battle, it can at least be an okay retcon imo.
Here's my thing tho. Why let Luffy roam free. They captured kaido but can't capture enies lobby luffy? Having direct tabs on the fruit is infinitely better then letting roam free. You don't leave something like this to chance even if the fruit awakening has a %.01 chance of happening. This fruit is your only downfall and you nullify any chance of it happening no matter how small

Status
Not open for further replies.