Who will defeat Kaido?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i can't seem to take any criticism about the arc seriously aside from the fake death. Binge reading the arc literally solves all of the pacing issues and the tension issues. Its mindboggling that ennies lobby's figts according to some are better than this. This arc justifies any outragous powerups, or atleast tries to, better than any other arc in the series. Hearing you moan and bitch gets tiring since a lot of people are actually enjoying these developments. AGAIN , IF THE STORY IS NOT GOING ACCORDING TO YOU WHAT YOU WANT IT TO BE IS NOT ODA'S PROBLEM. HE HAS BETTER UNDERSTANDING ON HOW HIS CHARACTERS ARE MEANT TO BE PORTRAYED.

This fruit aside.

The WG does fear symbols. Remember Ohara? They didn't allow Clover to say the Ancient Kingdoms name. They were listening calm enough until he was about to say the name and they freaked out. Like Clover said, the fear the ideals of the AK, rather than the power.
So they fear the idea of nika and sun god? Thats why they change the fruits name?
Make sense tbh

So Remember Kanjuro’s words when he made the Kazenbo

After rereading chapter 1030, it kinda makes sense why the kanzenbo is burning Orochi.

Orochi: Cast all the stragglers in the castle into the abiss of hell. Drag them as low as our brethren, trapped in their graves. Free their souls, Kanjuro, free US in a blaze of glory.

Kanjuro: As you wish, please enjoy my final show, The suicide pact of the Kurozumi clan<

So pretty much Orochi is responsible for his undoing here

I actually can just feel bad for them

They didn't had any choice on their lives, they were born to be literal mindless soldiers and Judge's puppets

The fact that they cheered for Sanji by the end of WCI is awesome to see because it not shows them almost being "grateful" towards Sanji's kindness for saving their lives, but gives you a glimpse of how good brothers they would be if they weren't designed to be trash by their own father
Eh, maybe but still cant stop myself for hating them, not having emotions is one thing, beating up and clowning sanji is other, yes their father made thwm emtionlesss but he never told them to go and keep beating sanji, clown him etc. even when he was Crying after He fought with luffy they were laughing, they dont have emtions yes but they are assholes by their choice lol

rereading Enies Lobby actually annoyed me a bit coz its the first arc where power ups actually come out of nowhere like gear 2 and gear 3 plus Zoro's Ashura and what not and people don't have issues with it coz of nostalgia

whereas at least, adv COA and all make sense

point is, you cant say everything pre ts made sense coz it didn't and then say post ts power ups don't make sense

Not to call you out specifically but this is another problematic line of thought.

“Because it’s One Piece and we’ve had previous examples of good long term story telling structure and payoff, we can overlook bad writing in the present because it will all be worth it and make sense in the end.”

I’m telling you this as a regretful AOT fan and someone who’s been disappointed by a lot of media, the potential of future payoff is a really bad way to excuse bad writing in the present, since it almost never goes well.
I mean, is it bad writing if it make sense in the end? Maybe not the best way to go about it, but if all was explained well, then, what's the problem?

Though I get what you mean, but I'm talking about those who are writing off the whole story based on incomplete information. If everything is explained and it still doesn't make sense, then they're free to do so, but at the moment, I believe that people shouldn't just drop the whole thing or write the whole manga off because things are shaky right now. Holding that opinion for the present chapter only, however, is more than fine.

And I understand disappointment just fine. I was a hardcore AOT and GOT fan for years and... we all know what happened there. I merely have more trust in Oda than Isayama at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.