Who will defeat Kaido?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As they said no one awakened it in 800 years, + they had the balance of powers installed for reasons like this. It's only when Big Mom got defeated that they considered a possibility that Luffy will awaken to beat Kaido.
But why even risk such a thing. Its thebupmost incompetence. Just capture luffy when he was a upstart to avoid any possible awakening no matter how small the chance

no one awakening the fruit doesn't mean it can't be brought up once as a cause for concern........
they discuss probable threats in their domain all the time
if something like that was mentioned
and oda did this now
that would be foreshadowing . it wasn't so now fans are coming up with their own rational to justify why they didnt care or take action.

its ok to acknowledge this might not have been a fairly recent insert.
But no coincidence they snapped only when BM got defeated, they never considered that Kaido is going to lose.

Guys I am thinking currently all 3 admirals might not be able to capture straw hats
What do you guys say
I am still waiting for that New Magazine info. A random guy here was constantly bragging about how the Admirals would be featured as Luffys rivals in there. Until then i wait with any judgement. Could be fake, could be a translation error like usual, hmm.

:ohreally:

But why even risk such a thing. Its thebupmost incompetence. Just capture luffy when he was a upstart to avoid any possible awakening no matter how small the chance
Capture a kid Luffy when there's Garp, Shanks, Dragon, and by that Ace with WB keeping an eye on him, and even the Marines would get upset, they don't know of this legendary df, they would get thrown off on why hunt a little 8 year old.

Besides even if he awakens it would be worthless if they kill Robin too, that should still be their priority.

I think they were naive they were thinking that in 800years not a single user was able to do awakening so they didn't gave much thought
yeah sure
actually tbh
run with that.
Post automatically merged:

But no coincidence they snapped only when BM got defeated, they never considered that Kaido is going to lose.
actually no
It was zunesha came through iirc

Yeah but Marco still has a transformation. If Luffys passive ability is rubber he needs another transformation into Nika besides awakening
Yeah, we'll have to wait and see how that is explained... most likely not until Luffy meets Shanks again?

Though there is also the option that the fruit is faulty and doesn't have transformations and only awakening gives us what we've got.

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Hustlerversity Graduate
I am still waiting for that New Magazine info. A random guy here was constantly bragging about how the Admirals would be featured as Luffys rivals in there. Until then i wait with any judgement. Could be fake, could be a translation error like usual, hmm.

:ohreally:
Aren't you supposed to be off for 7 months?!

Yeah, we'll have to wait and see how that is explained... most likely not until Luffy meets Shanks again?

Though there is also the option that the fruit is faulty and doesn't have transformations and only awakening gives us what we've got.
If Oda planned this better. Gear fourth could have been his zoan transformation and snakeman his hybrid but we know it's more of a haki thing.

So you are saying all zoan awakenings follow same rule?
As a reader, all will follow the same criteria...like Logia user body is fluid...with one specific exception(though awakening can be same).
It's never mentioned as rule by oda...but based on the writing/story readers are supposed to get think of the criteria like that...same with Kata/DD who generate stuff and Awakening makes them make surround same as their element/whatever they generate. But we know paramecia has wide variety of stuff...so we can stick to just one criterion...like law and kids fruit...they do follow same thing effecting other stuff but they don't generate stuff so they did not convert anything.
Zoan was said to have increased physical enhancement as we saw in ID and monster point is pretty much a zoan awakening(we all know he is supposed to get a human form but he doesn't have a proper human form at all). So we expect the same.
Oda can either add another exception here for Nika..but the fact remains...like he is not a rubber man..rubber is not his ability is expected to zoan property who had rubber powers so his awakening should be related to human/Nika, not rubber. Or are we supposed to say Nika was a rubber man who had the abilities which are similar to the awakening of DF? :kayneshrug: Even that has holes because if Nika is the one who has rubber properties...then he should be rubber only when he is awakened.... not all the time. We will get a lot of issues if we try to think of rules.

People really think it would be that simple to send 3 admirals, 10 VA, without any question on a village to hunt a child lol.

Some odds are simply against the Gorosei. Luffy was in Impel Down, Luffy was "beat" by Kuma, Kizaru, Magellan. The balance of powers they installed is destroyed.

Capture a kid Luffy when there's Garp, Shanks, Dragon, and by that Ace with WB keeping an eye on him, and even the Marines would get upset, they don't know of this legendary df, they would get thrown off on why hunt a little 8 year old.

Besides even if he awakens it would be worthless if they kill Robin too, that should still be their priority.
This is exactly what i was thinking. People forgetting that luffy had "allies" in the marines all this time. The debt the World Government owes Garp for the God Valley incident alone is..

:kawak:

And even Aokiji worked in their favour numerous times. When he didn't report stuff to his superiors or "attacked" luffy in marineford when akainu was ready to go for him.

If Oda planned this better. Gear fourth could have been his zoan transformation and snakeman his hybrid but we know it's more of a haki thing.
I heard some people suggest that his gears might actually be pseudo hybrid forms forced by Luffy. Kind of like Rumble Ball with Chopper, but forcing his fruit through haki and creativity because he has no idea he got a Zoan That's why he had a time limit while no other character his level ran out of haki like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.