Who will defeat Kaido?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In before the Yami Yami no mi isn’t actually a logia but a hito hito no mi as well which is why Blackbeard can’t become intangible.
Never heard this spin quite intersting.

On another note this makes me go back to a theory I've always had of a devil that had ever DF power and when he died he spread his powers to Devil fruits.

Greg on AP

TBH, I texted him about this chap and got some of his thoughts on it. Ultimately his no effs given attitude was focused directly at the mindsets of some of the kinds of posters in this thread and he was spot-on and their reactions are just...chef's kiss. Just as planned kinda thing. I've a mind to text him about this fruit thing but the second I do I gotta keep my trap shut about it and it's way too much fun to discuss so for now I'm happy to remain ignorant.

Pretty interesting

Oda was already expecting this kinda of reaction without giving a single f which kinda reassures me he knows wtf he is doing and how he is gonna explain everything.

--After seeing the pics I don't know how to feel about this chapter

--It's feels underwhelming somewhere with respect to the hype

--Luffy's new form is cool but it lacks the weight G4 had imo and it's a basic luffy powerup chapter , important one but still...
Kaido joins other looney tunes villains and now stay tall among badasses like Wile D. Coyote and Elmer Fudd

:kaidowhat:

I think this was planned for a while, at least until Law revealed his chest tattoos. It’s not a coincidence both warlords who saved Luffy have nika related stuff branded on their chest

Yeah goofiness was always part of the story
But it was really fun and done smartly
It always flowed so nicely, nothing felt that forced
Water Luffy still makes me laugh to this day

But gear 5 Nika is lot lot worse : completely change Luffy power and originality, Luffy doing all those crazy stuff with the gum gum was amazing. With the Nika ? Not that much.

And the goofiness here is pushed tenfold, it’s completely looney tunes territory. And it doesn’t suit the story. Especially after 4 loses against Kaido and when tension was at his maximum.

I don’t really like the way Luffy powers are going but let’s see maybe when I’ll cool down i will see it with clearer eyes but for now it’s not good, at all
The nature of the power changed, not the power itself, and the looney toons shit is absolutely in line with one piece as a whole, Oda literally said he made Luffy a rubber man to make ridiculous shit

Status
Not open for further replies.