Who will defeat Kaido?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, just like how everyone was told Zoro wouldn't fight and scar Kaido or have CoC. Oda was trolling us about that.

Some will never learn. I guess this is what happens when they think they are Oda and knows everything.

Oda: Luffy has a normal DF. Nothing special about it. I don't want Luffy to have powerful DF it would make his adventure too easy.

Also Oda: Luffy has a extremely rare and powerful mythical DF with god like powers.

Right now he has Zoro encountering Death but some thinks it's for absolutely no reason and Oda is spending time drawing scene involving Zoro to waste time.
I’m not saying you’re entirely wrong but not all setup has adequate payoff even if it should

One of my main problems with this chapter is some of the setup for Orochi’s death pretty much leading nowhere

Oda introduced the Ame No Habakiri which is known for being used to slay a mythical snake just to have Orochi burn to death at the hands of Kanjuro

:snoopy:

Granted, there still 100% is context missing

We don't know why they went from Robin to Luffy in 1 page of the same chapter when Zunisha showed up. We don't know what made them go "wtf, kill Luffy now" basically
I think the difference is who the orders came from.

We don’t know if the order to capture Robin came from the Gorosei or from Kong

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Marines: "There’s a new Pirate named Monkey D.Luffy. He defeated Sir Crocodile. He has the Gum Gum fruit."

Gorosei: "What a D. , the most dangerous bloodline, with the Gum Gum fruit we’ve been hunting for 800 years? Hmm let’s wait for another 2 years."

After Marineford

Marines: " Monkey D.Luffy is a serious threa..-"

Gorosei: “ WE ARE GONNA WAIT!!! "

Great writing
The reason why they finally realized that the Gomu Gomu no Mi is the fruit that they've pursued all along was shown during the Reverie.

Shanks stole the fruit from the WG. He knew about it's true nature, something that the WG just notices because Shanks was the one who informed the WG about it.

I'm not defending OP, don't get me wrong. But the criticism you put forward was/can be explained bro.

Actually that's the key piece missing here. They changed the order in the middle of fight. Some thing must've happened. They might have learnt about Nika just then and tried to do damage control. But it's too late already.
Likely what Oda is going for is:
"Pff this joyboy shit is pure nonsense, no way its real...Emu is such a prankister switching the name of this one DF 800 years ago."
*The Zuninsha apears*
"Wasnt there something about a giant elephant in that joyboy story thing? OH FUCK KILL THE KID NOW"

Dosent make it much better though....

They shit their pants because of Ace but couldn’t hunt a D. Clan member who has "similar" abilities to Nika, attacked Enies Lobby, has a STRAW HAT and became a great pirate within a short period?
After Marineford it was even known that Luffy is Dragon son… Dragon is the biggest foe of the WG.
Plenty of DF share abilities. You’re not going to think “omg that’s the OP OP no mi!” If you see the Nagy Nagy fruit despite having similar compositions lol

Plenty of DF share abilities. You’re not going to think “omg that’s the OP OP no mi!” If you see the Nagy Nagy fruit despite having similar compositions lol
Yeah I know that. It’s not a "proof". I listed the other things because of that. If you consider them all together then it’s proof enough that Luffy has potential to be the next Nika.
I would’ve sent an Admiral to hunt his ass… just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.