Rate this chapter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
just a lot of dumb shit tbqh.

Disclaimer: Thoughts of 2 friends of mine *and* myself. I agree with what is written here.

- Luffy not earning this powerup, he already got adv. CoC without putting in any effort. Previous battles he always learned something new our figured out weaknesses or simply was strong enough already. This also kills the entire tension that started to build up last Chapter. For the first time in Onigashima all hope felt really lost and i thought we'd finally get "the darkest moment" like we get every major one piece arc. It was a good chapter, but not enough for what wano is needing. They aren't struggling for their victory. Literally next Chapter Luffy is up again. These defeats Luffy received aren't meaningful if they can't create a lasting impact. There are no consequences that result for the alliance out of him losing. And the worst of all imo is that he actually gets rewarded for losing by getting his DF Awakening all of a sudden. And also...it can restart Luffy's heartbeat apparently? How can we take any fight in the future seriously when Nika's ability can just restart Luffy's heartbeat?
On the tension point I want to say that this thematically fits with what Oda does to his fights. For example; Croc in Alabasta was working in the shadows to overthrow the Kingdom so Luffy throws him up in the sky for everyone to see. Doflamingo was high and mighty in his throne looking down on people so Luffy knocks him down to the ground. In Wano people are suffering and joyless, so he makes a power up that will make people laugh as he beats Kaido. I honestly think that's good writing, we don't need an edgy fight all the time.

though the power ups in this arc are inexcusable, i just gotten used to the idea so it doesn't bother me as much. Besides in EL Luffy literally pulled up 2 new power ups out of his ass.
If Luffy was going to get something like this I would want it to be something with training and some kind of realization. I dunno anything but him literally losing and then it suddenly activating.

- World Govt being absolutely incompetent. Ordering to Capture Robin, but then suddenly oh wait, Rubber fruit which they forgot to chase even if they were trying to for the past 800 years.
I think we need to wait and see for more clarification. if the fruit has been in the hands of hundreds of bums who died before awakening it makes sense they only now start to pay attention to Luffy after he becomes a big name and maybe shanks warns them.

Just my 2 cents on those points

AL sama

Red Haired
which plotholes exactly?
here's the most recent example

few chapters ago gorosei wasn't even sure if the fruit truly existed or now they're saying they know everything about it and have been chasing it for 800 years

I don't even wanna bring up my favorite character and how this chapter messed him up real bad

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
here's the most recent example

few chapters ago gorosei wasn't even sure if the fruit truly existed or now they're saying they know everything about it and have been chasing it for 800 years

I don't even wanna bring up my favorite character and how this chapter messed him up real bad
They chased it for 800 years, maybe their ancestors, and never got it. Just logical they aren’t sure if it really exists. You have the world under your control, more or less, for 800+ years and it doesn’t appear. Non existing is a logical assumption.