Rate this chapter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its not a poor excuse. The fruit was unawakened in the hands of a rookie they probably felt good about crushing, so they sent people after him on multiple occasions, whether it was about the fruit or Luffy is irrelevant (to directly address your last point). It doesn't matter why they were going after him, it has no bearing on the act of catching him or him getting away. The reason doesn't help or hinder Luffy's eventual escape. They sent people after him, that's all that matters.

As far as Dragon goes, what i said doesnt make it more problematic. He's not a moron, if he recognizes that they're targeting his son for any reason other than the ordinary, especially if its dangerous to the World Government, hes not going to sit back and let it happen. He will have intervened. Not to mention that he's running a clandestine organization, which makes it obvious to them that he would have spies in place, which means it would be more likely that he would find out about any overt action on their part as it pertained to Luffy.
Whether it was about the fruit or not is obviously relevant, it’s the entire question actually.
Trying to use them going after him for incidental issues is irrelevant because all other reasons should pale in comparison.

That’s such a funny response. The effort put into a hunt or chase is obviously heavily dependent on the reason for it. Going after someone because they created a dirty bomb that can level large cities would obviously be different from going after someone because of a parking ticket.

Saying “the police knocked on his door to see if he had money for the ticket but left when no one answered” is not an adequate response to “why didn’t they catch that guy with the nuclear bomb?”
Lol…they sent people after him…please.

And now you think that Dragon has the teleportation fruit so he could go from Baltigo to anywhere Luffy is in an instant once his spider-sense is triggered that Luffy is in danger?
Yet somehow several of his comrades got imprisoned and he wasn’t there for them.
Why should concern about Dragon potentially showing up be greater than a fruit that poses a greater threat than him that it needed to be erased and they’ve been hunting for 800+ years while Dragon has only been an issue for less than 30?

This chapter has shown me exactly how much I've lost interest in one piece. Its still cool to see G5 and Luffy smacking kaido, but its lost its magic. I see all these OP fans losing their mind on reddit and twitter, meanwhile I'm just content to read the spoilers and when they came, it honestly wasn't anything earth-shattering.

I even predicted that Luffy might be a mythic zoan after 1037 and Luffy's abilities were basically what a lot of people thought the gomu gomu no mi awakening would be even before the whole nika plot was revealed.

I remember being a teenager and reading chapter 784. It was the chapter G4 was revealed. OP just had a magic back then that I don't feel anymore. I guess I'm too old.
It's not we old it's that shit is different. Not in a good way. I guess. Not losing my shit but certainly I'm so far disappointed lol.

That’s a poor excuse. The fruit was regarded as a bigger deal than a Yonko, so why should Dragon being suspicious about the WG wiping out his son be an issue to them in the slightest? Are you suggesting that Dragon would somehow magically intuit that it was because of a devil fruit that secretly got its name changed that they have been hunting for 800+ years?

They should consider the possibility of Dragon becoming suspicious about a secret he can do nothing about to be a bigger issuer than the actual fruit itself?

All you’ve done is just point out why it’s all the more problematic that the son of their current greatest enemy is running around with the fruit of their original greatest enemy.

And this is beyond pretending to be obtuse: when have they ever gone after Luffy specifically for his fruit? Please take as much time as you need…
That's what I'm saying, I don't recall any time they went after Luffy specifically for his devil fruit. They went after him cuz he was getting more notorious and after he declared war on the WG at Enies Lobby. They still wanted Nico Robin more than Luffy until like 3 chapters ago, so that doesn't even work.

Whether it was about the fruit or not is obviously relevant, it’s the entire question actually.
Trying to use them going after him for incidental issues is irrelevant because all other reasons should pale in comparison.

That’s such a funny response. The effort put into a hunt or chase is obviously heavily dependent on the reason for it. Going after someone because they created a dirty bomb that can level large cities would obviously be different from going after someone because of a parking ticket.

Saying “the police knocked on his door to see if he had money for the ticket but left when no one answered” is not an adequate response to “why didn’t they catch that guy with the nuclear bomb?”
Lol…they sent people after him…please.

And now you think that Dragon has the teleportation fruit so he could go from Baltigo to anywhere Luffy is in an instant once his spider-sense is triggered that Luffy is in danger?
Yet somehow several of his comrades got imprisoned and he wasn’t there for them.
Why should concern about Dragon potentially showing up be greater than a fruit that poses a greater threat than him that it needed to be erased and they’ve been hunting for 800+ years while Dragon has only been an issue for less than 30?
No, it actually doesn't matter at all. Knowing the reason why the World Government is in pursuit of him doesn't change the strength oe effectiveness of the admiral that they send. Its like saying Akainu would have been weaker in comparison at Marineford had he not known Luffy was Dragon's son.

Shanks made it from the New World to Marineford in a matter of days. Rayleigh swam from Sabaody to Amazon Lilly in a matter of days. We know Dragon can fly. He could have easily made it to Luffy on short notice, as he we know he did when he went from (presumably) Baltigo to Loguetown on short notice to see Luffy off. The question you asked regarding Dragon has an obvious answer, enough so that it I shouldn't even have to bother answering it; because Dragon is trying to destroy them. That's why.

My initial thought was that Oda only "recently" plan Luffy to have this Nika fruit to which many of us were pretty disappointed including me ngl

But......

After rereading some earlier chapters again N again and try to see if there's connection way before. I could see quite many reference and some hint/ foreshadowing.

Sun God Nika:
Yeah we all know Skypie so i don't need to talk about that (especially so many Sun symbol). In
Alabasta too, so two of the most major early arc has already shown it. After timeskip there's just too many.
About Nika .......
Oda said one of his favourite panel is the campfire silhouette of Luffy looking like Nika which is in Skypie arc.....So could it really be that Oda always plan for Nika in very early stage??
:choppawhat:

One of greatest features of Nika/Joyboy: "LAUGH"

"Laugh" also shown the importance since the very beginning of the series and it is one of the core of one piece.

About the Devil fruit and it's connection to fire finally make sense??:

I believe we don't have any clear explanation about how Luffy could produce heat (G2) just by being a rubber, and especially a fire ( Red hawk)
Now Oda made clear the DF is a mythical "Sun" God Nika, maybe because it has Sun in the name and Luffy hair is also like a fire ( i don't think it's just for a show or decoration lol), this "Sun" is the reason he could produce heat and fire??
:zorothink:

Now let's talk about which seemingly be the most plot holes and nonsense to the reader

This thing is still a question, i really couldn't find how it could really make sense, it's like that plot hole when WB pirates were simply clueless about Oden and Wano situation. It's just for plot

First, lets pretend WG doesn't know the DF is real, not a myth
But then again even if WG aren't sure about it, we have Imu who will know at least more about it, and still doesn't take action all this time.

My only idea how it will make sense is that the WG don't want ppl to know about it, only very few ppl including the top Cp0 agent only knew about it, The guard who told Who's Who about Nika also just disappeared ( most probably killed) and Who's Who himself was prisoned due to his failure guarding

What about Rob lucci?? Maybe Rob lucci doesn't know about the DF during pre-time skip?? So they didn't punish him because there is no consequences.
WsW might be punish since he got the information about the importance of fruit since he was supposed to be the incharge of guarding it.

This could be the reason the entire Marines might not know about this, even the likes Sengoku.
And hence no Admirals, are sent pre-skip
But again this is a very weak reasoning.
Since WG should have no restriction and could just order Admirals to do the job without the need of giving the reason or information about the importance of fruit. Marines will just follow without question, just like the Ohara incident.
:sanmoji:

...........So my final conclusion is that, i can see that Oda already plan about Nika/Joyboy/Sun at a very early stage. But i don't think he plan the revelation well, especially it all comes under the Devil fruit.
The Devil fruit is the weakest link to me, I'm fine with Luffy being destined to be Joyboy, but with a Devil fruit being the core of this doesn't sit well with me. He's just simply too blessed lol.

Last edited:
No, it actually doesn't matter at all. Knowing the reason why the World Government is in pursuit of him doesn't change the strength oe effectiveness of the admiral that they send. Its like saying Akainu would have been weaker in comparison at Marineford had he not known Luffy was Dragon's son.

Shanks made it from the New World to Marineford in a matter of days. Rayleigh swam from Sabaody to Amazon Lilly in a matter of days. We know Dragon can fly. He could have easily made it to Luffy on short notice, as he we know he did when he went from (presumably) Baltigo to Loguetown on short notice to see Luffy off. The question you asked regarding Dragon has an obvious answer, enough so that it I shouldn't even have to bother answering it; because Dragon is trying to destroy them. That's why.
if the devil fruit being important was supposed to be a secret, they wouldnt tell everyone thats why theyre going after luffy lol. its just orders from higher up. hey get that kid.

My initial thought was that Oda only "recently" plan Luffy to have this Nika fruit to which many of us were pretty disappointed including me ngl

But......

After rereading some earlier chapters again N again and try to see if there's connection way before. I could see quite many reference and some hint/ foreshadowing.

Sun God Nika:
Yeah we all know Skypie so i don't need to talk about that (especially so many Sun symbol). In
Alabasta too, so two of the most major early arc has already shown it. After timeskip there's just too many.
About Nika .......
Oda said one of his favourite panel is the campfire silhouette of Luffy looking like Nika which is in Skypie arc.....So could it really be that Oda always plan for Nika in very early stage??
:choppawhat:

One of greatest features of Nika/Joyboy: "LAUGH"

"Laugh" also shown the importance since the very beginning of the series and it is one of the core of one piece.

About the Devil fruit and it's connection to fire finally make sense??:

I believe we don't have any clear explanation about how Luffy could produce heat (G2) just by being a rubber, and especially a fire ( Red hawk)
Now Oda made clear the DF is a mythical "Sun" God Nika, maybe because it has Sun in the name and Luffy hair is also like a fire ( i don't it's just for a show or decoration lol), this "Sun" is the reason he could produce heat and fire??
:zorothink:

Now let's talk about which seemingly be the most plot holes and nonsense to the reader

This thing is still a question, i really couldn't find how it could really make sense, it's like that plot hole when WB pirates were simply clueless about Oden and Wano situation. It's just for plot

First, lets pretend WG doesn't know the DF is real, not a myth
But then again even if WG aren't sure about it, we have Imu who will know at least more about it, and still doesn't take action all this time.

My only idea how it will make sense is that the WG don't want ppl to know about it, only very few ppl including the top Cp0 agent only knew about it, The guard who told Who's Who about Nika also just disappeared ( most probably killed) and Who's Who himself was prisoned due to his failure guarding

What about Rob lucci?? Maybe Rob lucci doesn't know about the DF during pre-time skip?? So they didn't punish him because there is no consequences.
WsW might be punish since he got the information about the importance of fruit since he was supposed to be the incharge of guarding it.

This could be the reason the entire Marines might not know about this, even the likes Sengoku.
And hence no Admirals, are sent pre-skip
But again this is a very weak reasoning.
Since WG should have no restriction and could just order Admirals to do the job without the need of giving the reason or information about the importance of fruit. Marines will just follow without question, as they already did that in Ohara incident.
:sanmoji:

...........So my final conclusion is that, i can see that Oda already plan about Nika/Joyboy/Sun at a very early stage. But i don't think he plan the revelation well, especially it all comes under the Devil fruit.
The Devil fruit is the weakest link to me, I'm fine with Luffy being destined to be Joyboy, but with a Devil fruit being the core of this doesn't sit well with me. He's just simply too blessed lol.
they did punish rob lucci. theres an entire cover story about them running from the government trying to kill them for failing and then getting back in somehow

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/CP9's_Independent_Report

You seem to have confused yourself. Part of the problem is that they didn’t send an Admiral at all until Sabaody. They wouldn’t even have sent the Admiral if Luffy hadn’t attacked a CD either. Part of the issue is that they didn’t send any serious force to recover the supposedly significant fruit in the first place and only sent them out for every other reason except the fruit.

And no, the appropriate comparison is that Akainu wouldn’t have cared an iota for Luffy if he wasn’t Dragon’s son so wouldn’t have made much effort to kill him.
You just keep proving the point. Akainu himself said with his own mouth that he didn’t care if any of the other pirates got away as long as he got Ace & Luffy, so he put extra effort into that and even told others to just get out of his way so he could kill Luffy. His strength didn’t change, but amount of effort applied certainly did.
There’s no point pretending to be obtuse.

I thought all that would have been perfectly clear with the previous analogies. The amount of effort you put into chasing someone with a nuclear bomb is far different than one with a parking ticket.

Oh Lord. Now your excuse is Dragon will take a couple of days to get there? How would that help Luffy who was already assassinated by CP0 2 days ago before Dragon even got on his ship?
How would Dragon even magically know when CP0 has been given the kill order for Luffy? Is he living in the basement of Mariejois? Lol!

How ingenious. Dragon will use the fact that the WG killed his son to destroy them by telling people that the incident is suspicious and they should believe him the Worst Criminal over the WG that protects them.
What a fearful eventuality, lmfao!

Last edited:
You seem to have confused yourself. Part of the problem is that they didn’t send an Admiral at all until Sabaody. They wouldn’t even have sent the Admiral if Luffy hadn’t attacked a CD either. Part of the issue is that they didn’t send any serious force to recover the supposedly significant fruit in the first place and only sent them out for every other reason except the fruit.

And no, the appropriate comparison is that Akainu wouldn’t have cared an iota for Luffy if he wasn’t Dragon’s son so wouldn’t have made much effort to kill him.
You just keep proving the point. Akainu himself said with his own mouth that he didn’t care if any of the other pirates got away as long as he got Ace & Luffy, so he put extra effort into that and even told others to just get out of his way so he could kill Luffy. His strength didn’t change, but amount of effort applied certainly did.
There’s no point pretending to be obtuse.

I thought all that would have been perfectly clear with the previous analogies. The amount of effort you put into chasing someone with a nuclear bomb is far different than one with a parking ticket.

Oh Lord. Now your excuse is Dragon will take a couple of days to get there? How would that help Luffy who was already assassinated by CP0 2 days ago before Dragon even got on his ship?
How would Dragon even magically know when CP0 has been given the kill order for Luffy? Is he living in the basement of Mariejois? Lol!

How ingenious. Dragon will use the fact that the WG killed his son to destroy them by telling people that the incident is suspicious and they should believe him the Worst Criminal over the WG that protects them.
What a fearful eventuality, lmfao!
So first of all, they sent Aokiji prior to Water 7 for Robin (presumably because they viewed Robin as the more immediate threat given rhe dormancy of Luffy's fruit for the past 800 years). Luffy ended up escaping Aokiji becuase he (and Garp) made a sigificant impression on Aokiji. Sending Aokiji kills two birds with one stone, but Luffy, as he has every at every turn, manages to escape.

Saying they haven't sent a serious force is just a flat out lie, and again, the reason that they send that force does not matter. It does not increase or decrease their overall strength or ability. Your supposition about Akainu is also false. The could have ordered him to kill Luffy without him knowing why, and would have acted the same way.

Do you even read the story? Are you entirely unaware that Dragon had a spy among the Warlords, which is one of the World Government's best weapons and each Warlord has the autonomy to act as they please? If he has people that high up, you think he wouldn't have more? And that if he was aware of their
interest in Luffy that went beyond just his family, that he wouldn't intercede and couldn't make it in time? Get out of here.

Further, i like how you shifted all the way to Luffy dying as to avoid what i was talking about - Dragon, their greatest threat, in possession of what turns out may be one of the biggest threats to them in their long history.

Your argument is just a ridiculous hill to die on.