Rate this chapter

• Total voters
Nah, you definitely aint the only one. I don't like this direction that it's going
Post automatically merged:

all that gets negated cuz of the changes to his fruit and also he's got the will of "D"

This is what lengths fans will go to defend it. Like don't be a stan
isnt this ALSO what lenghts you will go to prove that OP is now 'the chosen one' story trope?

the fact people are hating it because of luffy being a D and his fruit is a mythical zoan hat...isnt really that good unless you awaken it, is sttupid to me.

Last edited:
how many shounens have u seen?
Battle Shounen? Pretty much all of them. lol

all that gets negated cuz
None of what I said is negated by anything. I literally just explained why.

You can't refute his lineage so you capping.
Then you didn't read what I said.

It is objectively true since immediately his rubber body came into affect.
Uh, no. It's clear the Human Human fruit of any variety does not provide an instant physical stat boost like other Zoans. Luffy's didn't grant him any superior physical strength upon eating the fruit. We've literally watched him fight in his youth and he was complete garbage. Likewise, Chopper didn't gain any physical strength boosts from eating the fruit. The only thing it did was give him a human form but he already had animal physiology before that. Any boosts in strength only came after he invented the rumble balls.

Last edited:
literally complaining because luffy awaken his fruit at deathsdoor made it seem like 'chosen one' trope,eventhough lluffy would have DIED IN ALABASTA if he wasnt supernaturally lucky.

isnt this ALSO what lenghts you will go to prove that OP is now 'the chosen one' story trope?

the fact people are hating it because of luffy being a D and his fruit is a mythical zoan hat...isnt really that good unless you awaken it, is sttupid to me.
No it's not the lengths I will go to prove OP is the "chosen one" story because the series does that itself. Luffy who has the will of "D" a special group who are the enemies of the Celestial Dragons . He has a fruit that is the most powerful fruit and if going by the gorosei that the zoan fruits are sentient/have a will, then it literally chose Luffy. Keep reaching tho, it's fine. You can still enjoy the series, but you don't need to go Luffy's mouth deep to reach.

Aside from this being one of the best fights you'll ever read in a shounen

Heres some important notes from this chapter:

Luffy is confirmed to be all white in his Awakening form. Pure White hair and Body. Which is a massive relief because everyone thought he had Golden hair and I really hated that. We don't need another Super Saiyan transformation reference. That would have felt generic. This feels WAY more unique. Plus Luffy being All White is another Direct Contrast to Blackbeard. The Black & The White, The Light & The Dark etc etc. The same way Whitebeard was. Which sort of suggests that Luffy is the next "Big Good" of the Pirate World the same way Whitebeard was.

Kaido confirms for us that, Luffy is coated in BOTH Armament AND Conqueror's Haki. This is a reminder that Haki is invisible and it's not always going to be shown to us.

Last and most importantly, Kaido is outright confirming that Zoan types Transform when they Awaken. Which is a huge deal. Because it suggests that, if Kaido has Awakening then he has another Transformation up his sleeve.

This confirmation implies something else. He says specifically that Paramecias Transform the Environment, and that Zoans Transform. But he never confirmed what Logias do when they Awaken. Meaning that their Awakening is likely completely different than the other 2 types and NOT changing the environment like people initially thought. So Aokiji & Akainu's feat on Punk Hazard is NOT a product of their Awakening.
:gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:

Best fights in Shonen…. My Covid Cough is killing me