Rate this chapter

• Total voters
What kinda shit am I reading rn:

Oda's turning the final fight against the strongest Yonkou into a cartoon battle. Dude's really tryna ruin decades of quality one chapter at a time.

When Luffy goes G5 he feels like a totally different character - he's overly goofy and personally I'm not a fan. There's zero tension in this whatsoever; at the very least, if only Luffy was goofy then it'd be whatever but he turns the entire manga into a cartoon just by existing. If all his fights from here on out turn into cartoon battles I'mma be pissed.

Featwise, G5 is weaker than G4 atm anyway, it's just way more versatile and provides blunt immunity. But G5 literally just lost to Sober Kaido and had to restart his heart. I feel like awakening should've been saved for Luffy's next big battle - this is all just too much, too soon and totally unbelievable in my opinion. Fairy Tail levels of writing rn.
If you think that G5 is not that stronger than G4, then its not Fairy Tail writing. Fairy Tail writing provide asspulls which instantly beat the previously unbeatable enemies. This is different, it turns the atmosphere of Yonkou fight into a gag, which - i agree - is inappropriate. Fight against Kaidou should show the terror of Kaidou. But maybe its what Oda wants from Luffy's ability? Bringing smiles to people's face so that they dont have to live in despair when meeting such a terror anymore? I dunno but this ability does ruin the tension completely. I hope Oda redeem this in 1046, maybe by showing what its like if Luffy goes fighting seriously.

Circus show.. it is just bad for kaido that he is a lion in this show but when sharing same stage with a clown , there is noting interesting at all ..
I actually like how Kaido is able to keep the situation serious in the face of everything Luffy is doing.
Sure, Luffy is using him as a jumping rope, but to Kaido that is just another attack he's tanking. I especially like the scene where Kaido points out that Luffy looks like a comic character in world, which confirms Luffy isn't breaking the 4th wall or using real toon force.

Aside from the cartoon eyes thingy, I can dig the fight
Luffy imo, has little to no control over his awakening

He can turns his surroundings into rubber, Paramecias awakening as stated by Kaido

He can reshape his body like Katakuri to reduce the damage done by kaido, but it still hurts him

And the worst part is, He also turns Kaido into rubber, not sure how is that going to deal massive damage to his opponent, it looks like he just wanted to make Kaido exhausted from all the nonsense

Luffy also seems to force himself, kinda reminds me of the Thriller bark fight where he looks fine but the pain bubble created by Kuma is huge, the after effect after he defeats Kaido is gonna be hell, but then again he's an awakened Zoan now, so his body gonna recover quickly

I think this is what Oda's want to tell us
Kaido won't be defeated like the usual villain
He's not going to be knocked out, he's not going to get killed
So he probably gonna get exhausted from all the nonsense Luffy brought, and laugh it off alongside Luffy at the end and admit his defeat while realizing Luffy is Joyboy
Which is why Momo is not doing his job, if kaido was meant to be knocked out, the cloud will be gone and they all gonna crash into flower capital and die

Idk of all people I think Kaido knew about joyboy's tale, maybe it's from his tribe passed from generations to generations, or maybe he read it from Rocks journal when Rocks perhaps managed to reach Laugh Tale

There won't be break next week, perhaps we would get Kaido's flashback

Last edited:
how come she aint laughing
Post automatically merged:

If you think that G5 is not that stronger than G4, then its not Fairy Tail writing. Fairy Tail writing provide asspulls which instantly beat the previously unbeatable enemies. This is different, it turns the atmosphere of Yonkou fight into a gag, which - i agree - is inappropriate. Fight against Kaidou should show the terror of Kaidou. But maybe its what Oda wants from Luffy's ability? Bringing smiles to people's face so that they dont have to live in despair when meeting such a terror anymore? I dunno but this ability does ruin the tension completely. I hope Oda redeem this in 1046, maybe by showing what its like if Luffy goes fighting seriously.
fairy tale does shit like oh my god.... my fire does nothing to this enemy! hes immune to fire and counters my fire perfectly! oh wait this is fairy tail GRRRRAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH BIIIIIIIG FIIIIIIIIIIIIRE!!!!!!! and then natsu wins because it was time for him to win and the story doesnt matter

I actually like how Kaido is able to keep the situation serious in the face of everything Luffy is doing.
Sure, Luffy is using him as a jumping rope, but to Kaido that is just another attack he's tanking. I especially like the scene where Kaido points out that Luffy looks like a comic character in world, which confirms Luffy isn't breaking the 4th wall or using real toon force.
Analyzing everyting isnt that much healthy tho... Whoever likes this shit as a reader must have serious problems at brain.. Even top tier clowns would have big trouble to throw nonsense aganist this bullshit
:milaugh:

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
"There is no one in this world, capable of bringing me down."

Since we wanted to use kaido dialogue in 1037 to downplay big mom, keep the same energy for shanks
Lol....stop it. Kaidou believing he's the strongest =/= Kaidou saying Big Mom wasn't able to truly go toe to toe with him like Luffy.

how come she aint laughing
Post automatically merged:

fairy tale does shit like oh my god.... my fire does nothing to this enemy! hes immune to fire and counters my fire perfectly! oh wait this is fairy tail GRRRRAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH BIIIIIIIG FIIIIIIIIIIIIRE!!!!!!! and then natsu wins because it was time for him to win and the story doesnt matter
Yea G5 doesnt make him win instantly tho, it just does gags. You say yourself that G5 doesnt seem stronger than G4 right?

Lol....stop it. Kaidou believing he's the strongest =/= Kaidou saying Big Mom wasn't able to truly go toe to toe with him like Luffy.
Oh boy, here comes the excuses. First off kaido is right, him and big mom weren't have an all- out fight but since we want to use that. it applies to shanks too

The excues starting to come out already, its alright, I cant imagine a man relative to his underling, confirmed weakest, to be stronger then kaido

So luffy was yonko level when he first gained Adv CoC in base... then he became yonko level when he could use adv CoC with G4 forms.. Is he now yonko level with G5...? He seems to be gassing out before a kaido who is already at his limit

:risicheck:
Luffy was dead before he went into Gear 5. He is in a worst state than Kaido( who had help) to put Luffy down.