Did Luffy Beat Kaido Fairly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katakuri isn’t traumatized because of his appearance, he never cared that he looked different??? He covered his mouth because he wanted To be perfect in order to protect his family and he did that.

Doffy still rebuilt his family with people who trust him and who love him.

Again you can’t compare that to Kaido literally wanting to kill himself? Or Big Mom basically deleting her own memories.

They’re not awakened. Their Minds wouldn’t be able to control it.
they are and sooner or later we will get confirmation . Oda already indirectly confirmed it, when he let Kaido explain what awakening is.

This panel alone makes it very, very unlikely Kaido doesn't have awakening

He even describes the difference between Zooan and Paramecia awakening. How would he know all this?

With 99.99% certainty Oda just didn't bother mentioning what Kaido's awakening was.
Witnessed other users, this man had a 40 + years of piracy.

I'll be the first person here on the opposing side to really illustrate the difference between Luffy not winning and ZKK happening vs Luffy winning and ZKK happening.

For years I argued against the first point and this chapter has proven that this would never become the case. Luffy won his fight and that's that. Zoro did not "take over the fight" or interfere.

However, by circumstances of what is happening, and the clear cliffhanger that we are left on with Kaido/BM as well as Wano's fate with this volcano, it's clear that there is "more" in the narrative sense.

Luffy's fight is done. Kaido lost. But does that mean he can't emerge from Mt. Fuji to run perform a suicide move against Wano? Maybe he's already dying via the magma? Maybe he's already at a point where he is looking to die and is forcing the alliances hand (kill him first or he will destroy the capital and then die)?

At this point, it IS fair to say that something can happen with Kaido (and potentially Zoro). Like I've stated many times in the past, my problem wasn't ZKK, it was logical issues of it happening before Luffy won or if he had won, what scenario could Oda use to allow it to happen without diminishing Luffy's accomplishment?

Just things we can ask ourselves because one of Japan's most famous paintings involves an Eastern dragon flying out of Mt. Fuji. If that happens, then I think it's a possibility. If not, then obviously not.

Please don't take this as me arguing for or against it. Again, my main argument with ZKK was about Zoro interfering with Luffy's fight, or how Zoro could justifiably do it after Kaido loses. Luffy has won and Kaido is an a predicament that "may" lead him to do something extreme and tie back to his suicide motif.
At least now there's a loophole that would allow Oda to have ZKK happen without overshadowing luffy. I like the idea of at last stand suicide move from Kaido because that would "soften" the kill too (as Oda never had a straw hat murder a sentient character on-screen).

He even describes the difference between Zooan and Paramecia awakening. How would he know all this?

With 99.99% certainty Oda just didn't bother mentioning what Kaido's awakening was.
yeah i totally agree on that. i think He and BM are using their awakening the whole time.

Oda forgot lol

"Kaido is gonna awaken" got be the dumbass copium

He's awakened!
He's not gonna magically awaken after 38 years of using his df coz he lost to Luffy
Oda doesn't make Villains awaken or unlock advanced haki when they fight luffy
It's either you have it or you don't
Yup. Kaido showed FS then stopped using it. Oda isn’t trying to show the villains in good light. He’s trying to show the next Gen taking over.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
@nik87 to the pricipal's office! Your mother called! She says it's time to take your L!
What are you talking about? :myman:
Right, right... He had to do so much powering up for physical strength to just break his horn...
Meanwhile, Zoro did something more impressive without aCoC, no physical strength, no Joyboy or Nika...
:saden:

Status
Not open for further replies.