Did Luffy Beat Kaido Fairly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
It is tho, as we've seen Characters durability is weaker when they are in bad state such as BM screaming or letting her haki out, drunk kaido before getting his shit together and oden got one shotted when he didnt had attention to the fight all of these guys were natural monster durability wise
Sickbeard also couldnt properly use Haki and would never imagine squard stabbing him
Well, a Haki defense and a natural/passive durability are two different things. Big Mom and Kaido have abnormally durable bodies on top of their Haki defenses.

can we be sure his sickness never played a part tho??
Would it make him that much less durable though?

Luffy literally promised in chapter 1000 that he will surpass Kaidou in order to be PK. Are you suggesting that Luffy must surpass Kaidou 10 years later instead of in this decisive clash that determines not only PK worth/candidacy but also Joy Boy capability? Kaidou also literally stated he will be PK, thats why it's Luffy's fight and no one else. All of the things you mentioned "strong samurai, 9 shadows, death completes a person, Toki's prophecy" etc etc are all secondary to One Piece's very main theme, which is the milestones to be PK. Surpassing the strongest as the worth to reach PK is the absolute priority in this manga. Nothing else is more important.
Luffy already surpassed Kaido in 1049. Doesn't mean Kaido can't awaken into a rampaging monster which can be treated as its own beast

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Go on like you want
Luffy KO anyone alive with his MKG
Kid and Law can KO any top tier bar rocks trio, Teach

No admiral bar maybe Akainu tanks half as much as BM and Kaido tanked
Sure thing as long as you understand that they don't have to be able to tank them to be as strong as or stronger than Big Mom or Kaido.

Where is this "it was the fact that no matter how powerful Luffy was Kaidou was just going to try to straight up melt his arm if it wasn't defended with ryuo." explicitly said?

I asked for evidence of Whitebeard beng able to do so. Ryuo being another level of applying armament haki that you can apply on to weapons or attacks does not mean a character can inherently do it in other facets. Not responding to the argument and instead calling me a pseudointellectual hurts your case more than you think you just helped yours.
Re-read 1048.
paraphrased:
Kaidou "your arm won't come down, I'll vaporize it"
Luffy "no you won't... Hyogoro taught me ryuo ( I don't have to touch you)"

It's not just "attacks", Rayleigh and Luffy use INTERNAL DESTRUCTION ryuo casually while handling handcuffs, Shanks used it to protect his sword from melting when blocking, Rayleigh used it on a simple palm block.

You think WB can't use BARRIER ryuo despite travelling with Oden for years? You need to give evidence for that as that is a ridiculous claim.

Do you claim that Luffy can't put ryuo on his head if he did a skull bash attack? If so why? In the manga he did that with not only ryuo but also adv CoC against Kaidou for a no touching headbutt clash, no different from any of their other attacks.
If he has it on his head in an attack, why would he be unable to flow it on his head when trying to "block". Creating an artificial distinction between blocking and attacking, when most of the time blocking involves hardening/ counter attacking in some form anyway is just bizarre.

You smarmily "trying to educate" others on logical fallacies in 2022 when that has fallen out of vogue for neckbeards to do on the internet over 10 years ago does make you look like a clown to me, just calling it as I see it.

How is Kaido confirmed above Shanks but not Akainu? Kaido is portrayed as the strongest. Just don't cope too hard when a wasted Kaido is done taking a refreshing bath in that lava before coming back.
Lomrade last week
"Kaido isn't k.o'd"
"Bajrang gun did nothing"
"Awakening chapter 1050"

:kobeha: :kobeha: :kobeha: :kobeha:

Oda will hurt you badly, please don't drop this manga post wano so I can keep making fun of you and your Yonkotards friends :kobeha:

Didn't law say it was the logical choice for Doflamingo to quit the warlords and give up his kingdom rather than piss off Kaido?
Yeah, Law. Law himself stated Kaido is known for being extremely ruthless, unreasonable and vindictive while Doffy quitting the shichibukai would make him another pirate among other pirates, but actually held accountable for his actions + Doffy was never in danger of losing his shichibukai statue due to his WG connections yet his immediate reaction was a panick attack when faced with this choice.

What you think of Luffy touching his throbbing scar hearing about Akainu rise to fleet admiral, while he ignored Teach rise to emperor? I thought emperors and Teach were Luffy ultimate nemesis but not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.