What will Greenbull’s Devil fruit be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alone maybe not but if they team up? Or hell if Kidd and Law also join in? Greenbull would probably get fucked over, unless there's such an extreme difference between him and Yonkos where four people who actually beat a team of Yonkos wouldn't be able to beat a single Admiral?
If you mean R5 vs Greenbull, then, yes, Greenbull will lose.

But any less than that? I see no reason to believe GB will lose.

The problem isn't they died

it's the execution

Ashura was a YC level fighter that was giving Jack a hard time by himself, and he dies by bombs, something no One Piece fan believes anymore because of Oda, so we spent a bunch of chapters sure he was alive, and now that he is dead we don't feel anything for his death

Izo came in here at the start of the Raid, halfway in the arc, didn't get to do much and was killed just like that.

And then, if this wasn't enough.

Oda reveals their deaths in a chapter that he also puts a funny fanservice bathhouse scene, completely sucking out the sadness and drama of their deaths.

Their deaths had 0 impact because of the execution.
I agree totally that Asura's death lost a lot of meaning because we're just used to stuff like that not doing much, but, it did happen with Pedro. Now that I know Asura is dying in that scene, I want to re-read it to see how it changes my opinion of it.

I wish Oda was clearer about death, too.

No seriously what is that satisfying about a dead character?

Ace made 100 % sense. But why people still put immense weight on an arc if it's good or bad depending on a character dying or not ?

Oda made a good decision to not kill every single character and gaht he occasionally kill one .
A well placed death signifies high stakes, makes the reader feel a thrill/sense of danger and adds a level of (needed) seriousness to a war arc.

That's where Oda failed.

Nobody felt any kind of danger for "our heroes" during this raid.

Meaningful to the story, like Ace dying and breaking Luffy's will, leading to him to have to pull himself back together. Whitebeard beginning the new age with his death.

Pell and Chaka saving Alabasta as its guardians. Except... they didn't. Wiper using his suicide attack twice to beat Ener. Although he didn't. Etc. And no Izo shows up without invitation and dies, Asura dies because of Kiku being a goof. If Kiku was going to join the crew or become the new great samurai sure, but nope.
Every single arc a death so impactful of Aces death makes no sense.

1. Those redundant deaths would make Ace's death meaningless.

2. What bad writing would it be to kill here and there to have an impactful moment in the story a paradigm chance.

If deaths would be so redundant it would make the sences of Aces and Whitebeards death less memorable and less special it would be kinda "okay Oda killed another character" who cares.

Makes no sense in my opinion.

The problem isn't they died

it's the execution

Ashura was a YC level fighter that was giving Jack a hard time by himself, and he dies by bombs, something no One Piece fan believes anymore because of Oda, so we spent a bunch of chapters sure he was alive, and now that he is dead we don't feel anything for his death

Izo came in here at the start of the Raid, halfway in the arc, didn't get to do much and was killed just like that.

And then, if this wasn't enough.

Oda reveals their deaths in a chapter that he also puts a funny fanservice bathhouse scene, completely sucking out the sadness and drama of their deaths.

Their deaths had 0 impact because of the execution.
Spot on!

Status
Not open for further replies.