What will Greenbull’s Devil fruit be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pity that Zoro doesn't have a background story, but it describes how Zoro has become powerful from beginning to end. I think that's why many Zoro fans like him. If I'm wrong, please correct me
It is true at least for me. Zoro not having a background beyond travelling from places to places to defeat swordsmen before getting bested by Kuina never bothers me personally.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Same with Zoro vs King. King is a powerful adversary, but he's much less plot relevant than even Queen. He just hid in the shadows of the plot until the fighting started, and his biggest moment was practically a shouting contest between him and Zoro about who's captain can beat the other. Although the flashbacks were cute, Kaido in the present never expressed anything of note towards King although the flashbacs shows them being close.

It's asinine.
One Piece characters are treated like toys that need to be brought out and then put away depending on Oda's mood.

Take out all of the Tobi Roppo, the plot doesn't change. The Straw Hats have no adversaries but for over half the raid that was also true.

Take out the Nine Scabbards and only Kin'emon, Izo and the Dukes' absence is felt.

Then you're on copium
Zoro uses swords better than Luffy

Sanji cooks better than Luffy

Robin Reads better than Luffy

Chopper knows medicine better than Luffy

Franky engineers better than Luffy

Jinbie swims better than Luffy (obviously)

Brook plays and sings better than Luffy

Usopp Lies better than Luffy

Nami navigates better than Luffy

What was your point again?

That's because Togashi understands narrative function.
If he doesn't need a character in an arc, he won't use it. Is there any reason for Kurapika and Leorio be in Chimera ants/Greed Island? No, one is busy with a revenge and the other just want to be a doctor, so he just remove them from story.

Oda can't do that.
Literally does it all the time, people literally complain about how much he does it because they want him to force the characters in the story.

Judge is both right and wrong, Sanji is a product of both his mother and father, he can't expect to have the good without the bad. Todoriki from MHA is a pretty good example where his arc might be heading.
Is that what Oda wants to imply though? He always put Judge in the moral wrong whenever we saw him talk about Sanji in WCI.

I

Indigo

Zoro uses swords better than Luffy

Sanji cooks better than Luffy

Robin Reads better than Luffy

Chopper knows medicine better than Luffy

Franky engineers better than Luffy

Jinbie swims better than Luffy (obviously)

Brook plays and sings better than Luffy

Usopp Lies better than Luffy

Nami navigates better than Luffy

What was your point again?
yeah, and they never do anything with those that actually matter

And the stupidest thing about all this is that the same people who constantly downplayed every single thing Zoro did this arc ("paper cut!!" "0.1 seconds!!!" "magic sword Oden haki!!!" "extreme diff against the weakest YC!!!") are now switching up just to be like:

"I can't believe Zolocucks are complaining...they are so greedy! Zoro gave Kaido a permanent scar! He deflected Hakai! He got ACoC and defeated a YC1! There's nothing to complain about!"
Zoro haters will certainly play down his feats, but do Zoro fans think these are not important?

Zoro fans are not satisfied that Zoro has no role depth?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Even if you wanna play it this way the fire was still a plot device that Oda created to give one his secondary characters something to do.
Which wasn't registered as a threat until the chapter it was dealt with lol... That's not being impactful to the plot, that's busy work.

Take both out of the story, plot and Raizo, and nothing in One Piece changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.