What the best thing in the chap ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the plan was always to flesh out Kaido and his back story but those plans had to be scrapped. I like that he was shown to be insanely strong but like others have said the emotional stakes weren't present, it felt like another slug fest and missed some soul, which is a shame.
in end he was like a DBZ villain and not even a good one at that

Where were you when Green Bull turned King into Caesar Salad?
I was at Olive Garden
I saw Zoro kill King with three breadsticks
No, why did my YC1 get neg-diffed at Olive Garden?
Nerf free breadsticks, Oda, Zoro is too strong

#King of Breadsticks low diffs Sanji
#Olive Garden > Sanji's Cooking
#Zoro's hair is green so he has to beat Green Bull confirmed

I think the plan was always to flesh out Kaido and his back story but those plans had to be scrapped. I like that he was shown to be insanely strong but like others have said the emotional stakes weren't present, it felt like another slug fest and missed some soul, which is a shame.
Nah, we'll still get Kaido's backstory. You notice how King feels kind of incomplete as a character? It's because Oda is saving King to tell Kaido's backstory/do a Nika lore drop. God Valley is just so important, that Oda had to save it for later. Don't worry, we're just impatient, Kaido's role isn't over in the story.

Truth. Law and Kid realized they couldn't beat her with conventional means, Big Mom's raw power is just undeniable.

I love how Oda has written Kaido and Big Mom.

Kaido is a merciless, methodical beast who beats the shit out of you slowly over time, while testing your strength. He's like a wild animal that fights to test their own power.

Big Mom is an unpredictable, chaotic force of nature who does whatever she pleases, and can change her mind at any given time, like the weather itself.

Both are raw forces of nature: the cunning cruelty of a beast, and the raw dominance of the weather/climate itself.
The concept is good but the execution is a flop btw...imo

Status
Not open for further replies.