If Oda wrote a One Piece Spinoff, what would be the best spinoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kurouma: a few hours before that murder
In the residential area of the Celestial Dragons “Land of the Gods”, they destroyed the symbol of the world nobles, the “Hoof of the Soaring Dragon”!! Thus making a declaration of war!
The Navy led by admiral Ryokugyu and admiral Fujitora answered the call but…
In the end…
They were able to liberate Bartholomew Kuma, a former member of the RA that was made into a slave of the celestial dragons
And all of them escaped!!
It was perhaps difficult for the admirals to fight in the “Land of the Gods”

Akainu: no need to come up with excuses for them
What about the missing of princess Vivi? It occurred around the same time of King Cobra’s murder!

So:
-They burnt this symbol hours before Vivi escaped
-Fuji, Aramaki and tons of marines try to stop Sabo and company
-They free Kuma
-Sabo runs off with Vivi

They fought for hours:gokulaugh:

G

Gorosei Informer

Shanks suddenly getting a movie after 25 years of OP and waiting for him to get any major screentime or his own arc especially, is giving me some major death flags too tbh.
Also suddenly being revealed as a father who had to abandon his child for her protection by the looks of it and logically too.

It reminds me of when Jiraiya went on that solo "suicide misison" which ended up being literal after all. Shanks also kinda giving me Itachi vibes too somehow.

Or even Oden refusing help and trying to deal with Orochi and Kaido in Wano alone, taking all that burden upon himself.

Shanks is probably gonna go out in a similar way to Oden, hes probably gonna try and hinder Blackbeard drastically and try to prevent him or delay from becoming Pirate King somehow or even King of the World.

I believe there is a trope about men dying when they get revealed to be fathers or something like that. Similar to tropes like a cop announcing hes gonna retire soon and this is his "last case", a final sendoff to his own career and ultimately his own life too.

Also after rewatching Robocop recently, the original and awesome Peter Wellers one, it makes me think of how Robocop (before he became Robocop ofc) went in after those criminals and only had another police officer with him and he got split up from her and ended up getting ambushed and straight up dismembered by the enemy gang, after he thought he got the jump and thus upper hand on them.

This is the closest I can find to that trope I was talking about above:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FatalFamilyPhoto

Ironically this is kinda fitting too:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedShirt

Shanks is a main character ofc, one of the most important and pivotal but we still barely know anything about him. I fear we will learn a LOT mroe about him just before or after he dies. Ye olde flashback means death or vice versa.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DeathByFlashback

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PosthumousCharacter

I'm really scared for Shanks, out of all the characters in One Piece, his death will be the most painful and impactful if it does happen. Most personal to Luffy, losing his effective and better father figure and biggest influence on himself, his idol.

The pain of Jiraiya's and Ace's deaths have never truly gone away for me either, never truly healed.

:perocry::emohiyo::risitameh::shame::peperain::pepemotion:

Kurouma: a few hours before that murder
In the residential area of the Celestial Dragons “Land of the Gods”, they destroyed the symbol of the world nobles, the “Hoof of the Soaring Dragon”!! Thus making a declaration of war!
The Navy led by admiral Ryokugyu and admiral Fujitora answered the call but…
In the end…
They were able to liberate Bartholomew Kuma, a former member of the RA that was made into a slave of the celestial dragons
And all of them escaped!!
It was perhaps difficult for the admirals to fight in the “Land of the Gods”

Akainu: no need to come up with excuses for them
What about the missing of princess Vivi? It occurred around the same time of King Cobra’s murder!

So:
-They burnt this symbol hours before Vivi escaped
-Fuji, Aramaki and tons of marines try to stop Sabo and company
-They free Kuma
-Sabo runs off with Vivi

They fought for hours:gokulaugh:
Stop Lee is already crying :suresure:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
A single exception breaks the rule already. It can't be rule when there are exceptions.

He obviously is.
I never called it a rule.
I said that swordsmen rule in the OP world.
And one exception doesnt change that the strongest people are swordsmen.

He isnt. Luffy doesnt have subordinates. Actually he does, it is the Grand Fleet.
Strawhats are his friends, not subordinates.

Zoro is Luffy's subordinate

come on man

at this point you're not even reading One Piece anymore

he calls Luffy Captain all the time, he listens to "most" of the orders Luffy gives
Yeah you might think that if you didnt notice that Strawhats are an exception and do not fit the usual pattern.
They are Luffy's friends, not subordinates.

Roger and Prime Whitebeard are above Kaido. Kaido only was really relevant post TS. In Whitebeard's lifetime, it was his era, he ruled in front of the throne, he was the king of the seas, the strongest pirate - without even trying, as he wasn't really interested in conquering the world. And Kaido himself dickrided Roger as putting the world to heel.
You saw King saying 35 years ago - continue to be the strongest - and you still think Roger and WB were above him...
No, Kaido never did that. He used Roger as an example of someone who has no abilities other than haki.

S

stealthblack

At this point, the only way oda can convince me that sanji > yamato is if next chapter sanji starts coc clashing with shanks splitting the sky:kuzanshut:

D

Deleted member 83

It's kinda refreshing and weird at the same time that Yamato introduced hersef by her given name and as Kaido's son instead of the usual Oden shtick.
Maybe because Aramaki doesn’t know who Oden is…? Still doesn’t make much sense to me
And Yamato should and does hate Kaido but why does Yamato kept introducing herself as his kid?

though it might be setup for her bounty, now an admiral knows that she’s Kaido’s kid and has good Haki

Oda is not introducing an Admiral and have him defeated in his third chapter to Momo lol
But i guess they can believe it until proven otherwise.
The point of Momo's character is to prove that you can be a great ruler without being uber strong due to having a good heart. He's basicallly the antithesis of Kaido who believes only strenght matters. It's literally basic understanding of narrative. All he's doing in this chapter is showing his readiness to protect his people and even Yamato.
One Piece writing may not have been the best lately, but even then Oda tries to somehow respect his powerscaling. We literally had a cliffhanger with Nami wanting to kick Ulti ass for her to job in 2 pages. Or Chopper wanting to make Queen pay just for Queen to toy with him.
But well they believe Awakened Kaido coming out of Mt Fuji even though narrative is clear he's done so whatever

Rottkins

✯ ✧ 𝔾 𝕠 𝕕 𝕠 𝕗 𝕃 𝕚 𝕖 𝕤 ✧ ✯
Shanks suddenly getting a movie after 25 years of OP and waiting for him to get any major screentime or his own arc especially, is giving me some major death flags too tbh.

It reminds me of when Jiraiya went on that solo "suicide misison" which ended up being literal after all.

Or even Oden refusing help and trying to deal with Orochi and Kaido in Wano alone, taking all that burden upon himself.

Shanks is probably gonna go out in a similar way to Oden, hes probably gonna try and hinder Blackbeard drastically and try to prevent him or delay from becoming Pirate King somehow or even King of the World.

I believe there is a trope about men dying when they get revealed to be fathers or something like that. Similar to tropes like a cop announcing hes gonna retire soon and this is his "last case", a final sendoff to his own career and ultimately his own life too.

Also after rewatching Robocop recently, the original and awesome Peter Wellers one, it makes me think of how Robocop (before he became Robocop ofc) went in after those criminals and only had another police officer with him and he got split up from her and ended up getting ambushed and straight up dismembered by the enemy gang, after he thought he got the jump and thus upper hand on them.

This is the closest I can find to that trope I was talking about above:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FatalFamilyPhoto

Ironically this is kinda fitting too:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedShirt

Shanks is a main character ofc, one of the most important and pivotal but we still barely know anything about him. I fear we will learn a LOT mroe about him just before or after he dies. Ye olde flashback means death or vice versa.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DeathByFlashback

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PosthumousCharacter

I'm really scared for Shanks, out of all the characters in One Piece, his death will be the most painful and impactful if it does happen. Most personal to Luffy, losing his effective and better father figure and biggest influence on himself, his idol.

The pain of Jiraiya's and Ace's deaths have never truly gone away for me either, never truly healed.

:perocry::emohiyo::risitameh::shame::peperain::pepemotion:
Ngl I can see that half of RHP might die/have critical damage making them unable to fight soon

It's kinda refreshing and weird at the same time that Yamato introduced hersef by her given name and as Kaido's son instead of the usual Oden shtick.
Maybe because Aramaki doesn’t know who Oden is…? Still doesn’t make much sense to me
And Yamato should and does hate Kaido but why does Yamato kept introducing herself as his kid?

though it might be setup for her bounty, now an admiral knows that she’s Kaido’s kid and has good Haki
Not the first time, she first introduced herself to Luffy as Kaido's son

Status
Not open for further replies.