If Oda wrote a One Piece Spinoff, what would be the best spinoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree that this is what One Piece is

Oda is the one that setup expectations by himself

by working on serious themes like Slavery and so on

and having serious fights and deaths in Marineford for example

he set the tone, the fanbase was just waiting for more of that

i think it's unfair to put the fault in the fandom here
OP will still have that but it was always a mix .
Even at marineford you had gags with Ivan , Boa and other non serious stuff .

Side note this chopper info is nothing new.

What are you talking about? LMAO

I'm not saying it's not gonna happen, i think it will happen

but Oda will draw it really quickly, 1 or 2 chapters max

either that, or he is gonna find a way to make the fight more goofy

because he doesn't enjoy drawing and writting serious fights anymore

i think you didn't read my posts at all and just jumped in out of nowhere lmao
I think he meant for Luffy specifically, basically, he eanted an Excuse to make Luffy's fights gonfler than Usual because that is what he enjoys but that doesnt mean he wont draw serious fights at all since gear 5 still had some serious scenes within it

Didn’t read the full interview yet, that’s a shame then if he doesn’t enjoy drawing serious fights
Let’s keep expectations low then lol, the fights were never the best aspect of One Piece anyways
But then again, he should know that good fights are part of what readers are looking for. This is still a business and his job after all and he’s been doing it for decades
Yeah, but he says he doesn't care if people don't like it

afterall he is at the top of the manga world, already rich as fuck

so he might just do what he enjoys doing and fuck what the readers want lmao

I literally said provide a reason why you think they're roughly equal. Now go ahead. Provide a reason.
The WG's main fighting force is the Marines. Taking down the Marines, imo, is harder than taking down 1 emperor force.
Who are the main baddies from these sides EOS?
Most likely it is going to be Akainu or BB.

My list of rankings branches off into two rows:

It is either:

Choice A: 1.) Akainu 2.) BB 3.) ??? 4.) ??? 5.) ??? 6.) ??? .... ..... Big Mom and Buggy are dead last here.

OR

Choice B: 1.) BB 2.) Akainu 3.) ??? 4.) ??? 5.) ??? 6.) ??? Big Mom and Buggy are dead last here.

In the middle is where things get a little confusing because Oda probably doesn't give a rat's ass about specific powerlevels and is likely keeping it as vague as possible just to fuel discussions like these.

Look up the feats from both sides and I believe they are equally just as good. Just that Big Mom's feats from WCI to Wano are laughably garbo.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince

Which is where I disagree. Oda spent 4-5 chapters on Zoro vs King.
You think he's gonna wrap up Zoro vs Mihawk which has far more hype than Zoro vs King ever had (or any of Zoro's fights ever) in 1 or 2 chapters?

With some personality to Mihawk? Sure why not.
But he ain't gonna draw Zoro fights like Luffy's or Sanji's or Franky's.

Wasn't that said specifically with respect to Gear 5 Luffy, hence why Gear 5 gives Luffy all those powers which allows him to play around?

Nah I did. Refer above.

I think he meant for Luffy specifically, basically, he eanted an Excuse to make Luffy's fights gonfler than Usual because that is what he enjoys but that doesnt mean he wont draw serious fights at all since gear 5 still had some serious scenes within it
I didn't say he wasn't gonna draw them at all

but if he is outright saying he doesn't enjoy writting and drawing serious fights

it's pretty easy to come to the conclusion that he might avoid them or if he has to draw them, then he is gonna make them shorter

that's all i'm saying

and we've already seen this in Wano, it's happening already

most people were like "this is it? it's over just like that?"

for Jinbei, for Zoro, for Sanji

the more serious fights all ended pretty quickly, while the goofy fight, between Luffy and Kaido

he spent 4~5 chapters repeating the same thing, not moving the plot forward, just because he enjoyed drawing the goofyness

that's what i'm saying

I think "silly" fights are always warranted, or at least portions of those fights. Some of the more serious fights, being Crocodile, Lucci, Doffy and Kata were all pretty serious with some funny aspects added at certain points (Mizu Luffy, G3 side effect, G4's initial intro, Merienda).

Kaido definitely falls under something serious but it clearly was meant to come off as entertaining for both opponents, which is very different from past fights.

Imo, this kind of trend will at least continue with Blackbeard. There's something insanely wacky with his powers that I feel have to be addressed in a ridiculous way with Luffy. Maybe Im falls under this category depending on their relative strength or temperament

With Akainu and potentially Shanks, I think we are geared more towards serious battles because lf the nature of their powers. There's really nothing fantastical about a magma user who can kill you in one hit or a blade user with no external powers save for haki mastery (and potentially to a degree we don't know), so imo these will be more serious fight.

Basically:

- BB (and maybe Im) will probably fall under the more crazy or bombastic type fights which Enel, Moria, Magellan, Caesar, and now Kaido have sort of fallen into. The more "epic" feeling fights becuase of the nature of BB's powers and how Luffy will counter them.

- Akainu/Shanks would probably feel more like Lucci, Doffy or Kata. More hand to hand, punchy, haki displays where techniques are more based straight up on how much you are trying to kill the opponent (i.e. melt them or cut them up). They'll still have their stupid moments though

But Oda says he doesn't enjoy writting serious fights anymore

so most of those are gonna keep getting offscreened or done really fast, so he doesn't have to keep drawing them

it's that simple

and how can we expect that something he doesn't like doing is gonna be good?
Oda said before that he doesn't like drawing fight scenes that much:kayneshrug:

I don’t really mind the goofy fights of One Piece. I’m still concerned that Oda won’t be able to answer every mystery in a concise manner. I just fear that too many things will be revealed through an SBS or VC.
Well, he said in the last authors note from Jump that he plans on addressing every mystery in the actual story, and this chapter was a good first step of many.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
What are you talking about? LMAO

it's not gonna be 1 or 2 chapters,that's zoro's big dream moment the deuteragonist of the whole series the 2nd most important character and the one SH after luffy who constantly reaffirms his dream throughout the series unlike the others who either dont mention it like nami or threw their dream away like sanji

Status
Not open for further replies.