If Oda wrote a One Piece Spinoff, what would be the best spinoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh...my old Shanks Fanboyism comes again.

One of the reasons i like him so much is his role in the narrative. Being Luffy's spark of inspiration, his absurdly peaceful (or passive? A long-term strategy? A hidden enigmatic purpose?) stance for an Emperor which raise up questions, his relationship to Sengoku (Marines), even him having political position alongside (or against?), and of course his cold enmity with Blackbeard which may get finality in upcoming future.

As if it's not enough, Shanks also has extreme individual power moments. Shanks is the very first man who showed us The Conqueror's Walk in Moby Dick. Then, the first Skysplitter Dance together with WSM. The next moment, he preached while showing Akainu being affected by his basic Conqueror Blast, an utterly impossible situation that Oda portrayed in SBS as the reflection of strength difference. He is also stated by WSC himself as the only person left in the world capable of matching him.

But even his power moments are not complete without the small nuances about him, which is his expression. Shanks is always very expressive. His face is always clear, whether he becomes idiotically unaware or surprised, clumsy, in the mood for party, getting annoyed by a challenger, and it's also clear...whenever he's getting all enigmatic in his preparation, planning and manuvers.

---

That's why i like Shanks so much more compared to Mihawk, The World's Strongest Swordsman who is all about manner and being calm, composed, model-like, and obviously strong but...rather bland characteristically and narratively in comparison.
@Red Admiral @mmd @Seraphoenix @Paperchampion23 @notAfanboy some of my views about Red Hair mofo

One of the reasons i like him so much is his role in the narrative. Being Luffy's spark of inspiration, his absurdly peaceful (or passive? A long-term strategy? A hidden enigmatic purpose?) stance for an Emperor which raise up questions, his relationship to Sengoku (Marines), even him having political position alongside (or against?), and of course his cold enmity with Blackbeard which may get finality in upcoming future.

As if it's not enough, Shanks also has extreme individual power moments. Shanks is the very first man who showed us The Conqueror's Walk in Moby Dick. Then, the first Skysplitter Dance together with WSM. The next moment, he preached while showing Akainu being affected by his basic Conqueror Blast, an utterly impossible situation that Oda portrayed in SBS as the reflection of strength difference. He is also stated by WSC himself as the only person left in the world capable of matching him.

But even his power moments are not complete without the small nuances about him, which is his expression. Shanks is always very expressive. His face is always clear, whether he becomes idiotically unaware or surprised, clumsy, in the mood for party, getting annoyed by a challenger, and it's also clear...whenever he's getting all enigmatic in his preparation, planning and manuvers.

---

That's why i like Shanks so much more compared to Mihawk, The World's Strongest Swordsman who is all about manner and being calm, composed, model-like, and obviously strong but...rather bland characteristically and narratively in comparison.
Damn. This is really well said and I couldn't have expressed it better.

---

not a shanks fan
I prefer mihawk actually
but you worded this in a way thats accurate and beautiful. can understand why people would like him.

Few things to note since all the pages came out:​
Ryokugyu hasn't used his sword yet, and it still remains to be seen whether he actually has a black blade or not–I personally don't think so. I think the fight will eventually come down to "Yamato vs Greenbull," I think Greenbull will eventually take the scabbards out mid diff. The scabbards are still healing, they are not at their full health, plus Asura is dead and the Minks can't use Sulong cuz there's no moon around this time. Momo is irrelevant, so the fight will eventually come down to Yamato vs Greenbull! I think that Greenbull will use his blade against Yamato, and will go all out against her, and I think the battle will end with her knocking Ryokugyu out off Wano. I don't see Greenbull fighting against Luffy at this point, it's pointless, it will drag out the Wano arc even more, plus we already had a big battle against Kaido, I don't see Oda going for another big 1v1 top tier fight, it's not in Oda's style to have another big Luffy vs Villain at the end of an arc where the major villain has been already defeated. Plus, let's be honest, Luffy is too strong for Ryokugyu, so I think it will end here. Since Sabo hasn't been captured and Ryokugyu has nothing against Luffy to blackmail him, I kind of don't see Greenbull's purpose in meeting Luffy, maybe if Oda wants it to. But from what I've got from this chapter, is that Momo and Yamato don't want to disturb the Wano people and the Strowhats, and I think narratively that's what's gonna happen. I think Yamato will short of scare off the Marines with their already predisposed fear of the Wano samurai, plus I believe Yamato will declare Wano as Luffy's territory and that will scare the Marines off of that country. I still don't know how will Ryokugyu terraform Wano, there's possibility that he will fall in love with Yamato, considering his personality traits, but who the fuck knows.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Lmao, Ari folded Momo in under 2 seconds, and peeps were seriously hoping he would do jack shit against him. Either Luffy or some other big gun is coming to rescue them or Momo's gonna break free and win over Ari with an emotional speech or something. Otherwise, it takes him about 15 minutes to kill everyone involved in the fight including Yamato.

Few things to note since all the pages came out:​
Ryokugyu hasn't used his sword yet, and it still remains to be seen whether he actually has a black blade or not–I personally don't think so. I think the fight will eventually come down to "Yamato vs Greenbull," I think Greenbull will eventually take the scabbards out mid diff. The scabbards are still healing, they are not at their full health, plus Asura is dead and the Minks can't use Sulong cuz there's no moon around this time. Momo is irrelevant, so the fight will eventually come down to Yamato vs Greenbull! I think that Greenbull will use his blade against Yamato, and will go all out against her, and I think the battle will end with her knocking Ryokugyu out off Wano. I don't see Greenbull fighting against Luffy at this point, it's pointless, it will drag out the Wano arc even more, plus we already had a big battle against Kaido, I don't see Oda going for another big 1v1 top tier fight, it's not in Oda's style to have another big Luffy vs Villain at the end of an arc where the major villain has been already defeated. Plus, let's be honest, Luffy is too strong for Ryokugyu, so I think it will end here. Since Sabo hasn't been captured and Ryokugyu has nothing against Luffy to blackmail him, I kind of don't see Greenbull's purpose in meeting Luffy, maybe if Oda wants it to. But from what I've got from this chapter, is that Momo and Yamato don't want to disturb the Wano people and the Strowhats, and I think narratively that's what's gonna happen. I think Yamato will short of scare off the Marines with their already predisposed fear of the Wano samurai, plus I believe Yamato will declare Wano as Luffy's territory and that will scare the Marines off of that country. I still don't know how will Ryokugyu terraform Wano, there's possibility that he will fall in love with Yamato, considering his personality traits, but the fuck knows.
hmm ... interesting prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.